1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Founders Frangelic Mtn Brown

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by jegross2, Jun 27, 2012.

1. JohnnyHopps

JohnnyHopps Savant (485) Indiana Jun 15, 2010

Also got mine at Woodman's for the same price. My eyes nearly fell out of my head when I saw how many there were and the price. Wish it was so easy for the other members of the Backstage Pass Series.
  2. JohnnyHopps

JohnnyHopps Savant (485) Indiana Jun 15, 2010

Got mine at the Woodman's in Green bay on Tuesday.
  3. BeRanger

BeRanger Savant (465) Michigan Dec 11, 2011

That would be them.. The two younger guys are nice there, I think the other guy perhaps the father sets the prices and when talking about CBS back in the day, he was just bummed he didnt get any to price gouge which I found obnoxious.

I guess Karma for their prices is the bonehead decision to order seven cases of Short's Nicie Spicey. That will sit on the shelves for a year based on their traffic and price.
    Czar_chasm likes this.
  4. Stopped by Founders today on way home from Holland, tons of Frangelic Mtn Brown in the cooler there still. Probably helps that they are limiting to 2, so no one cleans them out.
  5. Czar_chasm

Czar_chasm Savant (330) Michigan Jun 20, 2012

After I picked up a bottle from holiday I stopped through to see if I could get a bottle. He told me it was going to be 30 or 35. I told him there's no way. He got on the phone and then said he couldn't do anything lower than 20. I offered 15 and he still said 20 was the lowest so I ended up walking too. I won't be giving them anymore business. There are plenty of smaller liquor stores in the area that run through the same distributors that will charge reasonable markup (still more than holiday but just a couple dollars more)
  6. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

Go check out the place on 10 1/2 mile and John R. referenced above. They had at least 15 bottles on the shelf yet today. Nice guy, too.
  7. Czar_chasm

Thanks for the shipper today. Enjoy the wheat wine.

I agree, the guys that run Amoris are nice guys for sure. They made sure that they followed through on getting some FMB after I let them know about it, called me when it came in, and didn't put it on shelves until I had a crack at all that I wanted to get. Even though the markup was more than my regular stops it really blew me away how nice they were throughout the process. If other places are out I'll definitely be hitting them up in the future!
  8. BeRanger

BeRanger Savant (465) Michigan Dec 11, 2011

What's the price over there?
  9. Czar_chasm

$15 / bottle
  10. Czar_chasm

you can call them first too to make sure it's there / they'll probably pull a couple bottles for ya if you want- ask for joe
  11. Rihup

Rihup Savant (310) Illinois Oct 7, 2011

Woodmans in Carpentersville had 5 left with no limit at $15.99. They also had some devil dancer and 120 minute ipa.
  12. markrmoser

markrmoser Savant (255) Illinois Jun 27, 2010

any left in NW burbs?
  13. szmnnl99

szmnnl99 Advocate (650) Michigan Apr 3, 2006

Hartland MI:
    23 Place on Old 23 (South of M-59/North of Brighton) has at least one for $14. They also got a case of Ruination 10th Anniv ($8), I bought 2 so there were 10 left when I left.
  14. Bogforce

Bogforce Savant (360) Ohio Sep 2, 2010

Anyone in central Ohio looking for one still? Grabbed one for 12.99 today
  15. Got a couple bottles of this. I'm glad all the hype of these backstage founders beers have finally started to die down. I got a growler of this at kbs day this year and it wasn't anything special.
  16. Cbusssted

Cbusssted Aficionado (145) Ohio Jul 3, 2012

I really loved this beer will they bottle it again next summer?!
  17. ThirstT

ThirstT Aficionado (140) Illinois May 5, 2012

Any chance you'd be willing to share your recipe?
  18. I stopped following this awhile ago, so not sure if it is sold out mostly in the city or not, but if you are looking for a bottle, I know a shop on the north side with several still in stock. Not sure if theres a limit. I believe the price was a little high, somewhere between $16-18 but I forget now. BM me