1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Founder's Harvest in DC/VA?

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by Steve00, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Steve00

Steve00 Zealot (85) Maryland Nov 13, 2009

Any sign of this beer in the area yet?
  2. I saw some on Friday at Connecticut Ave. It was a 1 bottle per person limit though.
  3. John_M

John_M Moderator (1,025) Oregon Oct 25, 2003 Staff Member

I asked the bartender at the Meridian Pint about it. He mentioned that they would definitely obtain some once it became available, but he had no idea when that might be. None of the local online draft selections list it yet (I've been checking the draft list at Churchkey daily).

If Connecticut Ave. is limiting purchases to one bottle per person, that tends to make me think we're not going to be seeing a lot of it down here.
  4. Squatchito

Squatchito Savant (250) Virginia Dec 6, 2007

VA side here. My rep recieved an e-mail with initial allocations and the news was pretty dire. He had 1 keg allocated out to the restaurant side and one single, solitary case going out to the retail side. I would presume that is going to land at a Total Beverage somewhere, but didn't press the issue. He did stress that it was just an initial e-mail and things could change, but I get the distinct impression this one is going to be brutal this year.
  5. I picked up a four pack at Whole Foods in Clarendon on Sunday. No idea how much was left.
  6. They had it at Rick's in Alexandria on Friday. One case I believe and it was a two btl limit. I got the last two on Saturday morning. So if VA is really getting just one case, its come and gone and that's where it was at...
  7. Squatchito

Squatchito Savant (250) Virginia Dec 6, 2007

Sorry for not clarifying, this was my rep specifically. This is one Hop & Wine rep amongst those that service the state, a number I am not certain of, so there could be more out there.
  8. Talked to Al at Conn Ave tonight and he got 1 case and it's already gone. bummer. big ISO
  9. terrapinfan88

terrapinfan88 Savant (300) Virginia Nov 15, 2009

It went out friday, the stores that didn't get any yet should have some by the weekend. Not a lot but some, I don't know if there will be a second allotment or not.
  10. They have some at Total Wine Chantilly, 2 cases total, limited to one 4 pack. Also had a ton of This One Goes to 11 (10 cases or so, no limit), DFH 120, WWS, 75 Minute...lots of these too.
  11. John_M

John_M Moderator (1,025) Oregon Oct 25, 2003 Staff Member

Still have not found this beer on tap anywhere in the DC vicinity. Churchkey didn't seem to know if they would be getting any kegs, and they noted that the very limited bottle supply had long since come and gone.
  12. raveskdr

raveskdr Savant (355) Virginia Oct 10, 2009

We got two cases at Ricks, and I allocated it out at 2 per. It...didn't last long. As I didn't think it would. 1b to BrooDoo's 1a. Two is not enough for a single person. I'd be shocked if anyone got more than 2 cases. This one is always more limited then even KBS.
  13. smakawhat

smakawhat Poobah (1,000) Maryland Mar 18, 2008

Whole Foods P St has it, you have to ask for it.
  14. seanchai

seanchai Advocate (515) Virginia May 23, 2009

Beer Run in Charlottesville had it on tap Thursday and I was able to get a 4 pack from Wine Warehouse's email list.
  15. tzolandz

tzolandz Aficionado (195) Virginia Mar 17, 2012

picked some up at total wine in Manassas yesterday. two bottles per person. FWIW, they have the Bell's 11 the same way. not on the shelves - ask at the register.
  16. Shilt

Shilt Savant (370) Virginia Dec 26, 2011

It's funny. I was up in Orchard Park, NY last weekend and they had cases just sitting in the fridge, could have bought as much as I wanted, but had already gotten some in Richmond the day before. I blame Hop and Wine!
  17. You sir must live at P St. Whole Foods ;)
  18. I think my local shop got one case but I was lucky enough to score their last 4 pack. Drank 2 gave one to a buddy and still have one left. Hit me up if your looking for one lousy bottle lol. I can hit someone up with a BCBS too if they want.
  19. smakawhat

smakawhat Poobah (1,000) Maryland Mar 18, 2008

That's practically true :D
    Eriktheipaman likes this.