1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Founders heading to Texas, Florida and Maryland?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by tommyz, Feb 15, 2013.

1. tommyz

tommyz Advocate (510) Michigan May 28, 2007

Founders Brewing Co. (Official)
    UPDATE: We are under contract negotiations in three new states right now: Texas, Florida and Maryland. It is our hope and intent to get Founders beer on shelves and on draft in all three states in the month of April. Stay tuned.
  2. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

Yup, been rumored for a while. It will be good not having to trade CCB for Founders! ;)
    KVNBGRY likes this.
  3. CulturedHick

CulturedHick Aspirant (25) Texas Jan 1, 2013

I hope it works out. The few Founders that I have had were pretty good!
  4. [​IMG]
  5. Boilerfood

Boilerfood Savant (425) Indiana Jun 5, 2012

False, I LOVED trading Founders for CCB lol. I am running out of bullets in my Indiana gun.
  6. Florida boy here who's never had anything from Founders. I'm stupid excited right now!
    KVNBGRY likes this.
  7. stafford2

stafford2 Aficionado (210) Maryland Nov 13, 2010

Maryland boy thrilled by this news - now what about Bells?
  8. KillerBrews

KillerBrews Aspirant (35) Texas Feb 3, 2013

you should talk to the yeunglings family about that same thing
  9. icetrauma

icetrauma Savant (485) Texas Sep 7, 2004

Yep. Good news for Texas plus, Firestone-Walker this month!
  10. Hasn't Larry Bell said he'd never distribute to certain states? I think I'd be right in assuming MD is one of those (and given how shitty our distributors are, I can't really blame him).
  11. Qwest_35

Qwest_35 Savant (265) Florida Feb 4, 2013

Great news! I've been waiting a long time for this rumor to come true.
  12. Lare453

Lare453 Champion (770) Florida Feb 1, 2012

I emailed founders and they said they would be in Florida hopefully by April.
    BlowstotheBody and KVNBGRY like this.
  13. Thedrizzle

Thedrizzle Savant (435) Florida Sep 10, 2012

Can't wait.
  14. Alextricity

Alextricity Advocate (700) Michigan Jun 18, 2012

And yet Michigan can't get Three Floyds.

Damn you Three Floyds.

I hate you, Three Floyds.

I'm sorry. I love you, Three Floyds.
  15. Qwest_35

I know Founders are known mostly for their stouts, but how are their IPAs? All I have ever had from them is of course is their Breakfast.
  16. Alextricity

Alextricity Advocate (700) Michigan Jun 18, 2012

Centennial IPA is very good.
    Ernest_Hooper likes this.
  17. Qwest_35

Thanks I will definitely have to give that one a shot. I was reading the reviews for the Centennial and it sounds like a solid IPA.
  18. antilite

antilite Aficionado (160) Florida Jan 1, 2012

Great news for this Floridian. It will be interesting to see who gets the distribution service in the Tampa area, and what kind of cooler and shelf space Founders will be given in the retailers. Also, I have no idea of their pricing. What does a sixer of Founders Porter go for? Smutty and Anchor are around $9 in this area.
    KVNBGRY likes this.
  19. KVNBGRY

KVNBGRY Advocate (550) Florida Aug 1, 2012

Florida checking in. Can't wait to try this delicious nectar.
  20. adamant1912

adamant1912 Savant (395) Michigan Jan 10, 2010

Not expecting it from Founders, but hoping quality isn't sacrificed with increased quantity.
  21. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (955) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

Just when I thought it would be easier to find KBS and backstage beers I see this....

Cool for you guys though.
    visualmartyr and Ernest_Hooper like this.
  22. California, please
  23. elNopalero

elNopalero Advocate (665) Texas Oct 14, 2009

Second that! Now that I've moved away from Texas... Come to California.
  24. tommyz

tommyz Advocate (510) Michigan May 28, 2007

Good for you guys IF it goes through..You never know what might happen...Someone mentioned their IPA's..I think they are fantastic! Centennial, All Day IPA, Double Trouble (Double), and Devil Dancer (triple) are all fantastic!

Not that I wanna be a ****..But can we please stop with the, I hope the quality does not suffer stuff with every fricken brewery please.. Im sure once they expand, all their beers will be infected, or not the same quality, or they dont care anymore..:rolleyes:
    Fluteswell likes this.
  25. n2185

n2185 Advocate (640) North Carolina Apr 14, 2008

Considering that the expansion was completed a while ago (this year's KBS was done in their new facility before being thrown in the barrels for a year) and their quality has yet to change, I don't think you have to worry much.
  26. dsmil

dsmil Aficionado (110) Maryland Oct 31, 2009

This news makes my day, the days of driving to DC to get Founders are over
  27. FLBeerGuy

FLBeerGuy Advocate (570) Florida Feb 6, 2007

Awesome news, even though I just stocked up on their stuff here up in SC
  28. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

Nice to see TX distribution slowly improving. In the last 6 months we've added Ballast Point, Firestone Walker, and now Founders. Rumor mill says Odells and Southern Tier are coming too. Things are getting better here, slowly.
    obrike likes this.
  29. All day is alright. I had a nitro ipa and it was good. Centennial is pretty good. I really like the reds rye pa even more amazing on tap.
  30. Lerxst

Lerxst Savant (415) Florida Jun 17, 2005

Finally Florida!!!!!

Doing happy dance!!!!
  31. powpig2002

powpig2002 Savant (325) Florida Jan 26, 2012

as long we get harvest in fl. discovered it this year and HOLY SHIT !!!!
  32. Centennial and Red's Rye are terrific, as are Harvest and Double Trouble. I haven't had All Day yet.
  33. Dirty25

Dirty25 Savant (350) Germany Jan 22, 2012

I always liked using founders to get CCB. I have got some good CCB for boulevard and founders beers.

This is bull crap they skipped over AR to get to TX...one day AR's beer sceen will get to have founders
  34. Well, the rollout is supposed to happen in April for MD...

So naturally, I can assume many liquor stores will order a massive shipment of their regulars (Centennial IPA, Porter, Dirty Bastard)...

Which would mean that said stores could put themselves up for a chance to carry KBS...

KBS popping up in a liquor store merely a few miles away from me would be a dream come true...
    It'll never happen, but still; things that make you go o_O
  35. +1 on that brush

if, by the grace of God, KBS were to make its way here, I have a store that would hold it for me too
  36. It's not out of the realm of possibility that State Line in Elkton could get a few cases of it. Perfect Pour might get some, too, but I hope you're prepared to pay out the ass for it. ;)

I'm in podunk-ass St. Mary's County, which sees exactly ONE limited release trickle its way down here at any point in the year (Nugget Nectar). The chances of KBS appearing in a store around here - and not just for the potential 2013 rollout, either - are the same as me engineering a Higgs Boson particle. In other words, no chance.
  37. GFG

GFG Savant (295) North Dakota Oct 24, 2012

I want North Dakota on this list...
  38. This is great news.
  39. Or NoVa. Agreed, this is great news.
  40. russpowell

russpowell Poobah (1,040) Oklahoma May 24, 2005

Founders you want to impress me? Get your fine products into Oklahoma. Praise the beer Gods for Green Flash...
    4balance likes this.