1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Founders Imperial Stout in Milwaukee?

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by stayclean, Jan 30, 2013.

1. stayclean

stayclean Savant (360) Wisconsin Mar 17, 2012

Has anyone seen this in town? None of my regular spots on the East Side seem to know anything. I think Discount on Oklahoma got some in a week or so ago, but a 2 hour bus ride each way isn't too appealing to me..
  2. Jfriz25

Jfriz25 Savant (275) Wisconsin Jun 8, 2012

I haven't seen anything on the East side either. I've been hitting WF and downer at least once a week. I might stop at Groppi Market tomorrow, ill let you know if I find any.
    stayclean likes this.
  3. sherm1016

sherm1016 Savant (375) Wisconsin Aug 10, 2009

It landed last week AFAIK. Not sure how much is out there. Discount, Downer, and Groppi's all sound like places that should have got it.
  4. atone315

atone315 Advocate (640) Wisconsin Oct 8, 2008

Not that it's going to help you today, but I saw it at both the Falls and Oak Creek Woodman's yesterday....I'm sure you will see it around the E by Friday/ Saturday of this week.
  5. stayclean

I was at Downer today (well, yesterday..) and they had none at all. Was thinking of hitting it up again today after class and asking about it.
  6. eroc360

eroc360 Aficionado (120) Wisconsin May 22, 2011

most retailers received one or two cases last tuesday. beechwood said the next allotment will be a more and should be more readily available.
  7. sherm1016

sherm1016 Savant (375) Wisconsin Aug 10, 2009

You check Whole Foods and Gilberts? Only two other places on the East Side that jump to mind.

As I recall last year, there was an initial small shipment, and a much larger shipment that came later. Not sure if that's the case again this year.
  8. xsists

xsists Aficionado (200) Wisconsin Dec 31, 2007

Discount in Waukesha split their packs up and are selling them in single bottles and only putting out 3 or 4 at a time. Just a warning, not sure if MKE Discount is doing this.
  9. Larrygto

Larrygto Aficionado (210) Arizona May 28, 2012

Woodmans in Kenosha has them $9.99 a 4pack
  10. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (810) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

We have them in Madison for $9.99/4 if you ever come over here.
  11. stayclean

Went to Downer and they had some, but were/are selling it by the single and you have to ask. Dunno if there's a limit or not, guy let me grab two of them. That would be nice if a much larger shipment happened again, because boy was it great buying one or two 4packs every other week until summer.
  12. atone315

atone315 Advocate (640) Wisconsin Oct 8, 2008

There is a ton out there, some of these bottle shops are just "artificially" creating limited supply, and to be honest it's getting annoying. If you need a couple 4 pks, send me a BM and I can hook you up next time I swing through Woodman's or any other store that sells this like the seasonal release (read: not shelf whale) it is...I work in the field (Milwaukee County, from I-94 north to County Line Rd) and can meet you on the east side.

Cheers!
    stayclean likes this.