1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Founders in Mobile?

Discussion in 'US - South' started by Kuemmelbrau, Sep 4, 2012.

1. I just wanted to see if founders had made it into mobile yet. i was also wondering if the common thought was still that Cottage Hill Package still has the best take away section in Mobile. any help would be appreciated. thanks guys!
  2. Unfortunately Founders hasn't made its way to Mobile yet. I haven't seen Founders anywhere south of Birmingham yet.

I'm not sure what "take away" section is but there overall selection is the best in Mobile. With the new container law the selection has increased tremendously. I was in there this weekend and the mix-six section is looking a little bare. The growler selection isn't as impressive anymore since the majority of the stuff on tap is available in bottles now. Some of the notable breweries that are distributing here now are clown shoes, a couple jester king beers,and evil twin.

If you have any other questions please feel free to bm me.
  3. nugenma

nugenma Aspirant (30) Alabama Jan 23, 2012

This isn't helpful for the Mobile area, but it's Founders has made its way to Auburn.
  4. Mojo

Mojo Savant (355) Alabama Jul 21, 2012

I can find it in Montgomery on a regular basis.
  5. xxcarpxx

xxcarpxx Initiate (0) Alabama Jan 13, 2011

Sorry to be off subject...but we get Jester King?? Which bottles??
  6. I know there is about four different beers from Jester King that they had the last time I was in there. I know for sure that Noble King Hoppy Farmhouse Ale and Le Petit Prince Farmhouse Table Beer are two of them. The other two escape me. I'm hoping that the Black Metal Stout will make it to Mobile sometime.
    xxcarpxx likes this.
  7. StuartCarter

StuartCarter Savant (425) Alabama Apr 25, 2006

I have seen the Black Metal stout and the Weasel Poop stout.
  8. Where did you see it at? Still available?
  9. StuartCarter

sorry, should have made clear - I have seen these in Birmingham (Piggly Wiggly Homewood). I have no idea where they may be in LA...
  10. I'm in the process of moving to Birmingham. I will be there next week and was wanting to try and pick some up. Thanks.
  11. Since this is turning into a general Alabama availability thread, if I'm driving from New Orleans, will I be able to find a selection of Good People cans in Mobile, or will I have to keep going to Tuscaloosa (or Birmingham)?
  12. jettjon

jettjon Savant (455) Florida Jun 3, 2005

Well, first of all if you are going to Mobile looking for beer and can't find what you need, cross the border into Florida. Pensacola is only about an hour from downtown Mobile and there are several well stocked stores to browse. That's a lot closer than Tuscaloosa or Birmingham.
  13. StuartCarter

As far as I know, Good People cans are available in Mobile area, but you would be better to hear from someone who lives there as to what is available where.
  14. Their IPA and Brown Ale are available in Mobile. My understanding is that Mobile is only getting 5-6 cases of Snake Handler so that will be pretty hard to come by.
  15. Appreciate that, sburrough.

When is Snake Handler released next and where in Mobile do you recommend I shop?
  16. I know that it was just canned but I'm not sure when it will hit distro in Mobile.

Cottage Hill package is the best place in Mobile in my opinion. Another place is Gourmet Galley. The selection is a lot smaller but you can find beers there sometimes just because they don't sell stuff as quickly as Cottage Hill. You can call Gourmet and most of the times she will hold beers for you. If you really want some snake handler and can't find it when you come just bm me and I will try to hook you up.
  17. Very cool sburrough, I just might take you up on this. Happy to bring you whatever we have here that you're interested in too, like maybe St Arnold Endeavour or a growler of NOLA Smoky Mary?
  18. Just let me know. We can work it out.
  19. Any update on Founders in Mobile?
    TonyJ815 likes this.
  20. TonyJ815

TonyJ815 Savant (455) Florida Apr 3, 2013

I've heard Founder's in July for Florida, so it's gotta be sometime around then for Mobile (I would assume, but you know what the say about assuming...) However, I think it has been pushed back twice now, so I take it with a grain of salt. Luckily I've got Founder's beer mail set to arrive tomorrow! ;)