1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Founders KBS Release (2014)

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Jaycase, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Jaycase

Jaycase Advocate (730) Illinois Jan 13, 2007

Didn't see this posted yet. Mark your calendars everyone. Up to 2 4packs, ugh. Grabbed from here

IMPORTANT: ALL TICKETS ARE BOTH NAME AND DATE SPECIFIC AND ARE NON-TRANSFERRABLE. NO EXCEPTIONS WHATSOEVER, PLEASE DON'T ASK!

KBS: What we’ve got here is an imperial stout brewed with a massive amount of coffee and chocolates, then cave-aged in oak bourbon barrels for an entire year to make sure wonderful bourbon undertones come through in the finish. Makes your taste buds squeal with delight.

We will be selling this product in our taproom using a controlled five-day, pre-ticketed release, similar to previous releases. Tickets go on-sale Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 11am EST.

*Keep in mind, tickets for this event are in very high demand, and we expect tickets to sell out quickly.

Each ticket reserves the right to purchase up to TWO 4-packs of KBS (max of 8 bottles total), at $19 per 4-pack (tax and deposit are included), ONLY on the date specified on your ticket, and ONLY by the person listed on the ticket. All reserved KBS 4-packs are to be picked up at the brewery in Grand Rapids, MI during pick-up hours (11am-9pm).

You may buy ONE ticket for ONE of the following days:

~DAY #1. Tuesday, March 18, 2014

~DAY #2. Wednesday, March 19, 2014

~DAY #3. Thursday, March 20, 2014

~DAY #4. Friday, March 21, 2014

~DAY #5. Saturday, March 22, 2014

By purchasing this ticket, you are securing your rights to purchase up to (2) 4-packs (8 bottles) of KBS, ONLY on the specific date listed on your ticket. All ticket holders for any given date are required to make their purchase only ON THE DATE listed on their ticket, IN PERSON, or will forfeit the opportunity. Refunds will not be issued for unused or lost tickets.

Any allotted bottles that are not purchased on their given date will be added to the reserve inventory, which will be released at a future unannounced date in our taproom.

All ticket holders are required to have their ticket, as well as a valid ID, as recognized by the Michigan Liquor Control Commission, and will be required to pay for (via cash or credit card) and pick-up their product, both in person, on that given day.

Due to overwhelming feedback regarding the ability to reduce scalping, we have returned to the "Name Specific" tickets. Each ticket is assigned to the purchaser and CANNOT BE TRANSFERRED - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are not sure if you are able to complete your purchase on the date specified on your ticket, do not purchase a ticket.

All proceeds from ticket sales will be contributed to the Grand Rapids White Water initiative.
    ***THERE IS A LIMIT OF ONE TICKET PER PERSON FOR THE ENTIRE FIVE DAY RELEASE. ANY TICKETS ORDERED WITH DUPLICATE ATTENDEE NAMES WILL NOT BE HONORED AND REFUNDS WILL NOT BE OFFERED***

IMPORTANT: ALL TICKETS ARE NAME AND DATE SPECIFIC AND ARE NON-TRANSFERRABLE. NO EXCEPTIONS WHATSOEVER. PLEASE DON'T ASK!
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  2. Definitely not worth a 3 hour drive for 8 bottles.
  3. atone315

atone315 Advocate (660) Wisconsin Oct 8, 2008

Some beers are good, but there gets to be a point....ahh, nevermind.
  4. bab747

bab747 Zealot (75) Wisconsin Aug 10, 2011

Unreal- So Founders thinks they are soooo good that people with take vacation days and drive hundreds of miles for 8 frickin' beers? I'm out.
  5. dbc5

dbc5 Savant (455) Ohio Jun 18, 2009

Damn, this puts me in the fence. It was close when they dropped it to 12 last year. 8 makes it tough to justify the drive.
    hey5hitgoose likes this.
  6. Benny3000

Benny3000 Savant (375) Michigan Apr 4, 2012

I see the crying has already commenced. Tissues available in aisle 3.
  7. 4 less than last year, oh well.

Good anti scalping measures.

Good to be local.

Maybe they ended up with a shitload and want to distribute more.
    forrestbetts likes this.
  8. dbc5

dbc5 Savant (455) Ohio Jun 18, 2009

Founders has every right to sell, distribute, etc their beer as they see fit. I'm not sure people stating that they need to consider whether 8 bottles is worth a lengthy trip is akin to crying....although I will admit that the "Unreal" comment had that tone, haha.
  9. founder26

founder26 Savant (450) Michigan Sep 9, 2009

So what about the part where they said gr locals get something special?
    Bigtwin likes this.
  10. bab747

And we consumers of craft beer (with LOTS of choices) has the right right to tell them where to place their 8 bottles.
    hey5hitgoose likes this.
  11. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

Sucks for you, grab the Kleenex. Better for the locals as it's under a 1.5hr drive for me personally. Now if they can announce the special thing for locals they stated last week, that'd help.
    MSEGUIN likes this.
  12. raymo55

raymo55 Savant (465) Michigan Oct 3, 2011

Entitled much?
  13. steebo777

In his defense, Founders stated on FB and Twitter last week that they will have a special announcement for the locals regarding KBS.
    raymo55 likes this.
  14. raymo55

Love that 12 bottles was ok...but 8 bottles is the amount where the "travelers" get upset and say they are staying home
    Marti403, mike409 and JamesShoemaker like this.
  15. raymo55

;)
  16. Lansman

Lansman Savant (400) Illinois Mar 19, 2011

The balance of the war on FIBs has shifted. Today shall be long remembered in the annals of craft beer lore.
  17. bab747

Great BA comment..."i Want ALL beer brewed in Michigan for myself"...You can have my Kleenex.
  18. raymo55

Close...but not until Founders supports the silent release
    adamdd likes this.
  19. steebo777

Not sure where you got that from. Simply said it's an easy drive for locals and I'm fine with 8 bottles.

And I'm not sure where you got that people have to take vacation days and drive hundreds of miles just for Founders soooooooo good beer. Not everyone lives that far.
  20. Lansman

Lansman Savant (400) Illinois Mar 19, 2011

@raymo55, @elkhunter36 & I need to know the names of a couple of your "cousins" to help us receive our allocation. We have already put down the deposit on the mule bus.
    iceatalamo, raymo55 and elkhunter36 like this.
  21. IMHO - KBS is an amazing beer, I've had it for the past 3 years. I've had many many many other amazing beers. Driving across the state on a weekday workday is something I would do if a family member became ill, little else. Cheers to distribution and a reality check. I think we may all be a bit caught up in branding, name dropping, and hype. This to shall pass...
  22. wezzul

wezzul Savant (275) Michigan Dec 17, 2009

I'm in SE MI, have no problem making the relatively short drive, even for eight bottles. My work is insanely flexible, I can pretty much do what I like as long as the job is done. It's not like going there is just to pick up and leave, either, plenty of other breweries and bars to drink at that are fun.
  23. bab747

FYI- There are lots of people from outside of the Grand Rapids area that really like KBS, so when you post "sucks for you", it comes off as very condensending and makes you sound like you are entitled to more than BA's not fortunate enough to drive around the block and pick some up- that's all.
    sarch and Copernicandream like this.
  24. steebo777

Gotcha and makes sense for sure. Your post came off a little entitled so I guess it made me want to fire back. FWIW I don't live in GR but on the other side of the state.
  25. Hell I think it should be Michigan exclusive day 1-5, and then have a FIB feeding frenzy Sunday for the leftovers.
    waston, JohnB87, Marti403 and 7 others like this.
  26. bab747

Great post. Amen.
  27. raymo55

Also....love that this doesn't interfere with Hunahpu weekend!
    mattvandyk likes this.
  28. My wife and I drove 3 1/2 hours one way to Decorah IA
    For 2 - 12oz bottles of KBBS and I will do it again. I wouldn't drive half that far for 8 bottles of KBS.
  29. founder26

Troll much?
  30. raymo55

Cool story bro
  31. raymo55

Cool comeback bro
    JohnB87, adamdd and BeRanger like this.
  32. sbxx

sbxx Savant (465) Illinois Mar 21, 2011

No one cares.
    antoines15, MWilt, JohnB87 and 2 others like this.
  33. TheGoof

TheGoof Savant (285) Michigan Apr 10, 2013

8 bottles and plenty on tap that Sat is special enough for me.
  34. I've been working on a homebrew called "Detritus - Whale Boner." It's an Imperial Stout made from the scum at the bottom of ocean (where lawyers and trolls live). Unfortunately, whenever I ask for advice on internet forums people suggest I piss in the bottles.
  35. founder26

Bro, keep trollin
  36. wezzul

wezzul Savant (275) Michigan Dec 17, 2009

Damn, Founders (and Three Floyds) definitely brings out the best in people. :rolleyes:
    Drucifer likes this.
  37. founder26

Clearly you dont follow founders on facebook
  38. steebo777

This thread has a lot of hate. This winter must've taken a toll on us and we're on edge.
  39. MSEGUIN

MSEGUIN Savant (375) Michigan Apr 6, 2011

Not calling this bogus. But anyone see anything to support this on any Founders media? Not on their Facebook, or website that I can find.
  40. Jaycase

Jaycase Advocate (730) Illinois Jan 13, 2007

Founders has not formally announced it. It's possible eventbrite posted the details early. I'm thinking Founders will make the announcement tomorrow. I'd bet my last 4 pack of '13 KBS these details are accurate ;)