1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Founders KBS release. Who's going?

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by theDank, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kzoobrew

kzoobrew Member

Gotcha. I was wondering if they were in the tent or cars or any other place that is warm.
  2. pschul4

pschul4 Member

Founders having any specialty taps for tonight or since Sumatra is gone none til KBS tomorrow?
  3. chronie

chronie Member

Anyone know if they posted the tap list for tomorrow?
  4. awdturboiv

awdturboiv Member

Bag is packed and ready to go:
    BCBCS
    BCBBRS
    DL (09-11)
    Baller
    FW15
    FFF Zombie
    FFF Lord Nelson
    FFF Dreadnaught
    FFF Popskull
    Sixpoint Resin

We should be arriving around 6ish...look for a red FFF beanie
  5. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Member

Grabbing dinner at a rest stop on the OH turnpike. Brought way too much beer with me. Hope you all wore your drinking pants!
    pschul4 and PlinytheFarter like this.
  6. JohnB87

JohnB87 Member

I will be the guy in the glasses and Detroit Tigers track jacket or if it's too cold, a heavy black Carhartt hooded jacket. I will be bringing some 2011 KBS, Terrapin Moo Hoo and Wake 'n' Bake, tons of BBPT5, and some Arcadia BB Shipwreck Porter. Feel free to stop by in line for a beer.

I'm headed to GR now and staying at my cousin's down the road. I have no idea what time I am getting in line, though. Last year, I asked about getting some bottles when I came in at 1 pm and they damn near laughed me out of the brewery. So I might need to make it out early just to make sure.
  7. hopspartan

hopspartan Member

Camping out already? that is a bit aggressive. See you all around 7am.
  8. danielnovak3

danielnovak3 Member

I am going with Treebs and we are leaving Chicago around 2ish.
  9. GRBrew

GRBrew Member

Look for me tomorrow. I should have a sour cherry brown, a bourbon barrel flanders and a kreik. I will have a red and black north face jacket on.
  10. Jose2412

Jose2412 Member

So I was thinking of bringing Ladderball. You think that will be okay? It can be moved very easily and quickly
    pschul4 likes this.
  11. pschul4

pschul4 Member

Ill save you a daisy cutter (or a pour of any of the other beers im bringing) if you save me some wake n bake
  12. Corbet

Corbet Member

This is what I'm most excited about. I can't wait to see what surprises they have up their sleeve. Does anybody remember what they had on tap for KBS Day last year?
  13. iceatalamo

iceatalamo Member

I think it is kinda weak of people to just put chairs out there and then leave. Sorry but that is trying to save spots and in my mind just as bad as cutting. Whatever, I'll be there early in the morning and will accept whatever spot I get.
    Marti403 and todisht like this.
  14. iceatalamo

iceatalamo Member

Nothing too crazy last year. Started with '09 KBS, '10 KBS, '10 KBS on Nitro and obviously '11KBS. The '09 and Nitro went rather quickly. As far as I remember there was nothing else too crazy, and they did not have CBS.
  15. chronie

chronie Member

It would still be nice to try a KBS aged for a couple years
  16. Corbet

Corbet Member

I definitely can't complain if that's all they have. It would be interesting to try '10 KBS on Nitro and '11 KBS.
  17. ChadlyG

ChadlyG Member

At Founders right now! Red, Red Wings snapback. Come say hi!
  18. flanneltrees804

flanneltrees804 Member

Will be at founders at 6:30 tomorrow wearing a Redwings winter hat. I have two bottles of Lolita, two of homebrew and a growler of GI honest stout for trade or sampling. If you're interested in a trade pm me.
  19. steebo777

steebo777 Member

Yeah man, I heard the same. Drinkin the Jewbelation vertical at Hopcat on a comfy seat then headin to our hotel to do some BCS tasting in a warm room. Why stand outside?
  20. BrewNoob

BrewNoob Member

I feel like I should get there at like 6 am now, based on the number of goddamn tents out there. Probably not needed but there are a good amount of people prepping for the night right now.

Holla if you are at the Holiday Inn.
  21. jeonseh

jeonseh Member

Does anyone else feel like tents are cheating? If you want to be out there at midnight and make everyone else show up earlier, get you ass out and bear the cold.
  22. Jose2412

Jose2412 Member

Is the line past the back of the building yet?
  23. yeahnatenelson

yeahnatenelson Member

Cheat to win.
    weatherdog likes this.
  24. hannydawg

hannydawg Disciple

"Cut to win" -Richard
    yeahnatenelson and weatherdog like this.
  25. ChadlyG

ChadlyG Member

Yes.
  26. weatherdog

weatherdog Member

This is the truth.

Also this shit has gotten out of hand. Getting here at midnight and you see 25 tents set up. I say that while also contributing to the problem.
  27. Jose2412

Jose2412 Member

I was planning on getting there at 6am but now you are making me nervous. Might have to leave when I get out of work at 2:30 now...
  28. jrcmlc

jrcmlc Member

Were only an hour out. Made better time than I thought we would. Can't wait to see tent city.
  29. Treebs

Treebs Member

It's looking like its not even worth it to make the drive from chitown. Was planning on leaving around two, but looks like the line is already back by the gas station. I cant imagine what the line will look in 5 hours.
  30. stxSS07

stxSS07 Member

25+ tents past the back of the building?! C'MON MAN.
  31. Jose2412

Jose2412 Member

Lets just hope they ask people to put their tents away in the morning...
    abaculy likes this.
  32. hannydawg

hannydawg Disciple

With the way things are going within driving distance of Chicago, I am not surprised at all.
    EricCioe likes this.
  33. ChadlyG

ChadlyG Member

Line is to the back road already.
  34. Jose2412

Jose2412 Member

Is the line like solid people or lots of tents?!
  35. Treebs

Treebs Member

Man, to the back road already!! That's gotta be close to 200 people already. I was by the drive way by the gas station on the back road when the line usually takes that "L" turn for CBS and I was number 318 in line...seems like it's getting pretty close to that point already.
  36. Jose2412

Jose2412 Member

The CBS release I was just past the next turn back to the west on the other side of the building and I THINK I was in the high 400's
  37. dblab33

dblab33 Member

The line may be long but I have a feeling it's not that dense because of all the tents and chairs. Let's just hope all the people with the large encampments don't let all their tardy buddies hop in.
    weatherdog likes this.
  38. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Member

Do you have to get a ticket number when you get in line?
  39. Msmith8814

Msmith8814 Member

Making me rethink getting there at 7 was to early...
  40. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Member

Do you get a number when you a ticket number when you get in line?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.