1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Founders KBS Twin Cities

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by GopherPharmer, Mar 26, 2013.

1. GopherPharmer

GopherPharmer Member

Just wondering how hard this is to find in the Twin Cities area. I have asked around at a couple stores and was surprised to find out some people have no clue what I'm even talking about. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
  2. minnesotaryan

minnesotaryan Member

It's supposedly easier this year... For whatever that's worth. Last year was kinda hard to get some
  3. GopherPharmer

GopherPharmer Member

Thank you, do you know if most places received it right on April 1 or did it take a little while to reach shelves?
  4. minnesotaryan

minnesotaryan Member

No clue, probably dispersed over a week or so, like everything else
  5. jawzman

jawzman Member

The release of KBS has always been March 15th, but this year Founders has reworked the brewing schedule and its slated for April. I'm sure someone here knows the exact date, or check the Founders website.
  6. GopherPharmer

GopherPharmer Member

Founders website news release says that it hits their national distribution on April 1, the brewery release is this week, but I didn't know how soon it typically hits the market here
  7. incutrav

incutrav Member

Will be interesting to see if KBS price drops this year, as they note the MSRP will be in line with Harvest ale, etc, at 9.99. Maybe it's always been that and all stores charge a preimium but the cheapest I ever have seen it for was 16.99, more common at 19.99(if they even sell as a 4pk).
  8. BarrelAgedBarry

BarrelAgedBarry Member

I just I hope I can grab a bottle or two, I've never had it.
  9. GopherPharmer

GopherPharmer Member

Yeah that's my goal too since I've never had it either, good luck to you!
    TurboManGT likes this.
  10. loudmouth

loudmouth Member

All of Founders 4 pack pricing is moving in line with Double Trouble EXCEPT Devil Dancer and KBS.
  11. Ish1

Ish1 Member

Not sure how much KBS we will see, but I'm stoked that there is so much CW Peruvian Morning around to drown my sorrows if I can't find enough KBS!
    kbutler1 and incutrav like this.
  12. archi348

archi348 Member

Just my luck I'll be on the road extensively for the next two weeks when this is likely to hit. Needless to say I'll be carting back some extra PtE and RR Sours from Santa Rosa if it does...can never have too much trade bait.
  13. KWMiles

KWMiles Member

For the love of god...please don't use this thread to blow sleeper up stores when hear they have "cases and cases" of KBS that they can't seem to sell. Share with your friends, let the KBS love get around to non-hoarder types, too (not that hoarding is necessarily a bad thing). There will always be more beer!

Cheers!
  14. grantcty

grantcty Member

So going by your own post, why are you asking someone not to post about "sleeper stores" with KBS if there will always be more beer? Seems to me you just don't want people outing your secret spots, but maybe I'm having a reading comprehension problem this morning.
    TomClem and maximum12 like this.
  15. maximum12

maximum12 Member

For the love of god...please share when you find stores that have seasonal, hard-to-find beers! :)

Plenty of us have day jobs & at times in the past, the only way I've been able to grab a bottle or four-pack of something is because some generous soul posted that store "X" had the beer just at the right time for me to run by. I always appreciate it when someone publicizes a stash, & do what I can to share what I come across as well. And I'll wager the stores don't mind the publicity either. Win/win!
  16. maximum12

maximum12 Member

Stop that. Now I'm going to have to like one of your posts, & it pains me. o_O
    grantcty likes this.
  17. KWMiles

KWMiles Member

I work a day job, too, and have had plenty of experiences where the store I usually visit had been blown up on threads like this one earlier in the day, thus depriving me and other people of scooping up beers. Que sera. As always, just my opinion. People are going to do what they're going to do and I try not to be a hater.

And yes, there's always more beer!
  18. minnesotaryan

minnesotaryan Member

maybe make friends who know where beers are and have them text you? this gives you a safer chance at getting them. if everyone posts that a store has something, then people will go there and get it before you or most of us for that matter, have a chance.
    KWMiles likes this.
  19. maximum12

maximum12 Member

Have several reat BAs that will message me & others about certain things, & more that I ask about hard-to-find stuff.

Not posting I can understand. Discouraging others from posting runs counter to the sharing ethos that most of us try to live by.
    TomClem likes this.
  20. minnesotaryan

minnesotaryan Member

I think it's more of a fear that hoarders/truck chasers will go to those shops and swoop up what they get immediately, basically screwing the rest of us. I definitely believe in sharing and trying to help out as much as possible, I have hooked up people with things they struck out on. I just don't want to give truck chasers any extra ammo.
    Ish1 and BottleCaps80 like this.
  21. mnphish

mnphish Member

bump, must get KBS...If I wind up dry i'm looking to trade 4x BCBS for 4 KBS IP
  22. morimech

morimech Member

Purevian Morning > KBS. Relax fellas.
  23. pmccallum86

pmccallum86 Member

How drunk were you when this was posted?
    Djsaturn1 likes this.
  24. yamar68

yamar68 Member

Just a heads up - although the official release date is tomorrow, the bulk of the accounts in MPLS and the west metro won't see their allotment until midweek.

Also, it doesn't sound like this year's increase in production will have much weight in MN. Zipp's still hasn't received their allotment but they were told "probably only a case or two." Various west metro shops were told "maybe a case."

Fuck that noise.
  25. incutrav

incutrav Member

Saw stacks of it at Cellars on Friday. 9.99 per 4pk.
  26. Gotti311

Gotti311 Member

No way, not even close.
  27. hoeg0015

hoeg0015 Member

?!?!?!?
  28. dc55110

dc55110 Member

4/1/13
    KWMiles and yamar68 like this.
  29. hoeg0015

hoeg0015 Member

Shit. Even had my guard up.
  30. TorsHammer

TorsHammer Member

Cellars in Woodbury has KBS available this morning. Limit 1 bottle.
  31. maximum12

maximum12 Member

1 bottle? WTF?
  32. MNPikey

MNPikey Member

Everyone had 1-2 bottle limits last year.

Liquor Barrel Miracle Mile has it also, 2 bottle limit.
  33. chrisp450

chrisp450 Member

When was that? I just called and they claimed to be sold out?? Sounds like everyone in SLP is out... I'm guessing we had a few runners going from store to store...
  34. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Member

Glad I am not chasing this around today. I think I'll have a Peruvian Morning tonight to celebrate
  35. incutrav

incutrav Member

Tis a good alternative, at almost half the price as well. Of course there are rumblings of some infected 4pks again this year though(no foolin')
  36. mothman

mothman Member

That would really suck if there is some 4pks that are infected. I dig that it is about half the price!
    pmccallum86 likes this.
  37. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Member

I've had 4-4pks with none infected yet, might have to get more now that I'll probably end up with no KBS. I am practically head over heels with Peruvian Morning at the moment though haha
  38. Ctrauty

Ctrauty Member

Cellars in Plymouth had some as of 1230pm. Limit 1 4 pack!!!! PRobably should hurry.
    He also said had a couple of truck chasers.
  39. lonewolfcry

lonewolfcry Member

Just a heads up - it'a in the metro now. ha ha
  40. yamar68

yamar68 Member

Shit storm in full force. Shit birds are singing, the shit winds are blowing.
    KWMiles, minnesotaryan and mnphish like this.