1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Founders Launches KBS Week: March 18-22, 2014 (Grand Rapids), April 1st Release Date Elsewhere

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Jason, Feb 14, 2014.

1. It's comical I know. But if your big into beer and you are after stuff that comes in and is gone in hours..... ya gotta do it

gjoker321 likes this.
  2. Donco

Donco Savant (450) Pennsylvania Aug 12, 2013

This is the same thing they did in December with Sweet Repute and it worked fine. Although I think KBS has a "few" more takers...;)

3. Yea. I still run into Sweet Repute every now and then actually. I liked that beer!

4. Donco

Bought 3 bottles. Good stuff..have a few for trade too.

5. Is this something just you use or is it a group that you can add people to?

6. founder26

founder26 Savant (460) Michigan Sep 9, 2009

founders won't, but you may get lucky and find a bar that is gonna have it on tap that might do growler fills, although I highly doubt it, doesn't hurt to ask though.

7. As with all charitable donations, there is a tax professional behind the scenes advising things like this. Its sort of a win win. I have no complaints here.

8. BoardwalkBock

BoardwalkBock Savant (295) New York Aug 18, 2012

Coming anywhere near the Tri-State Area? I doubt my local beer distributor in Long Island is going to get a case, they never do. I was lucky enough to have it on tap at the Nassau Colisuem Beer Festival three years ago at the Founder's tent. It was gone in 10 minutes.

9. It's just on my FB. Select HOME tab in FB. down on the left column, select interests or create interest. From there, just add FB pages to the interests group.

10. Out of curiosity, when the tickets go on sale, is there a day that sells out quicker than the others? I want to go on Saturday, but don't want to put my eggs in that basket when they go on sale if it's the quickest to sell out and then get burned on the other days too.

11. most likely Saturday will sell out the quickest due to the fact it is Saturday and they are tapping kegs of it as well that day

12. It'll be everywhere and no where at the same time. Start making buddies with shop employees now.

13. I need a new tailgate chair.

14. end_27

end_27 Savant (465) Illinois Sep 23, 2012

Hey boys and girls....

If anyone is going to be attending the KBS release that 3rd week in March, that Friday 3/21, me and a few of my friends are kicking off our 2nd Annual "KBS Bottle Share."

If you can make it great we'd love to have you! Meet some new people and get to indulge into some tasty treats as well. Check out the link...http://www.beeradvocate.com/communi...-bottle-share-at-springhill-suites-mi.154018/

JohnnyMc and needMIbeerinMD like this.
  15. Even though they sold out quickly, at least the process was smooth compared to the crapshow last year. I managed to get 2 tix for Saturday (1 for me and my wife).

16. Donco

Success! I just scored Release ticket for Thursday of KBS Week...;)

17. Got one for Saturday. Was trying to get more.

Agreed the process and website were better.

Still shocked that at 8 bottle limit it is this hard to get tickets. I mean it seemed to sell out in a matter of seconds/minutes.

18. Donco

Saturday was shut out..same day as the tap release and more people have the day off. I am just in visiting my family so I was flexible.

19. aucanuck

aucanuck Aficionado (110) Georgia Dec 18, 2010

Driving from Atlanta to pick up beer on Wednesday. Got a ticket and pretty excited to hit a bunch of cool breweries along the way.

Fluke828, JohnB87, steebo777 and 2 others like this.
  20. shredder83

shredder83 Savant (420) Illinois Feb 21, 2013

Got a ticket for Friday, I'm probably more excited to finally be taking a trip to founders than the kbs I'll be picking up. Been meaning to get up there for a while.

archiebunkerjr likes this.
  21. I got my ticket for Wednesday. They went fast. We tried for a second set for my wife with no luck. My brother in law and a few others I know also got shut out.

22. Donco

It's a great place and fun to just sit and sip at their tavern.

shredder83 likes this.
  23. Jwhere

Jwhere Aficionado (175) Indiana Feb 25, 2014

Me and my buddies got tickets for Saturday, can't wait! Not exactly cheap, but I figure I'm paying for the experience, and a road trip that includes going to Founders and Bells in one day is never a bad idea!

archiebunkerjr likes this.
  24. So one thing that made no sense was the website requiring you to put in a ticket allotment when the max you could order at one given time was 1 anyway. It should have just had a buy button on each date. It doesn't sound like a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but for some people, that 2 seconds could've made the difference between getting tickets and getting shut out.

That's really my only nit-pick from this morning.

25. BEERschlitz

BEERschlitz Savant (430) Michigan Oct 13, 2013

So did u get a ticket?

26. My brother and I both scored Saturday tickets. I'm trying to figure out a way to spend Friday night in GR to attend the bottle share. I'm having a difficult time sweet talkin' the missus at the moment.

27. Donco

What bottle share are you referring to?

28. Post #54 in this thread. Click on the link in the post. Sounds like a fantastic time.

29. Donco

It sounds great. I've never been to one. Unfortunately I have a Thursday ticket and will need to return to Detroit that night. Maybe another one down the road.

30. shredder83

Do they have a kitchen?

31. Donco

Yes. They have a full menu. Check out their website.

32. shredder83

thanks

33. I did. I actually got 2 on Saturday (1 for me and 1 for my wife).

BEERschlitz and Donco like this.
  34. JohnnyMc

JohnnyMc Savant (425) Ohio Feb 14, 2012

I missed out, but my buddy and his wife got tickets at least! Not sure for what day though. If it's Saturday I may just tag along and go to some MI breweries.

35. Gosh I miss MI. Especially times like these. Kudos to all those getting KBS at the release.

36. what a crock! i was on at 1059/11, picked my ticket but it never took me to a checkout, was on for an hour and a half, could have "bought" a ticket several times over that time period, but it never took me to a checkout. i feel cheated out of a ticket. how i was able to select a ticket for each day at least once but not be taken to a checkout is crazy. wonder what the explanation is for what happened.

37. Morakaton

Morakaton Savant (330) Michigan May 6, 2013

Wooo, me and my friend both got a ticket to the Friday time slot. We both logged onto the site at 10:59am, kept refreshing until it was up, and bam! Sorry for others who didn't get there ticket ;/

38. Donco

It's really a random thing and I feel Founders did the best they could in setting it up that way. At least people in Michigan can find KBS on tap that week in Grand Rapids.

39. In this circumstance Founders is not giving back to the community, their customers are. If Founders truly wanted to give back they could donate to whatever foundation they choose with their profits from their business. Instead they are charging their customers a fee so that they can charge them a second time for their product.

40. yeah that's easy for you to say, you got a ticket. but you're right tho, at least i get to drive 2 1/2 hrs to wait in line and hope i get 1 glass, then hope my local store gets a case so i can hopefully pay as much for 2btls as you're going to pay for 4. you're right at least i have that to look forward to.

themind, philsunset and Donco like this.