1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Founders Tap Takeover (Gravity Head 2012) @ New Albanian - Who's going?

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by HopsMatt, Feb 28, 2012.

1. HopsMatt

HopsMatt Savant (460) Kentucky Dec 1, 2011

Just wanted to check to see who is planning on coming to this. Its on March 9th. Ill post the link from Founders website below. It is at the New Albanian on Grant Line in New Albany, IN. Its across the river from Louisville, KY. Ill be heading over there at 6. I also wanted to see if anyone was intersted in trading at or after the event. I figure this way we would know what to bring. I took a lot of stuff with me to Flossmoor (for afterwords) but nothing happened. Anyway, post here or feel free to send me a message.

http://www.foundersbrewing.com/?event=2012-gravity-head-at-new-albanian-brewing-co

Cheers!

2. CWBlues

CWBlues Savant (310) Indiana May 4, 2011

I'm still considering it. It would be about a two hour drive for me, and will depend on whether a couple of my friends would be interested in coming along. After I know for sure, I'd love to talk trading.

3. HopsMatt

4. HopsMatt

Anyone else made any plans?

5. tylermains

tylermains Savant (305) Kentucky Apr 6, 2010

I live in Cleveland. I'm visiting friends on the 9th. Turns out this is the same day! Awesome. Leaving here at 10. Should be there around 4:30-5.

Any idea how long these kegs will last? I want at least a glass of CBS, KBS, Better Half, and Monk.
    Also- I'm willing to do some trading. I'll have a Melange 3 and the lineup of Bruery sours. Unfortunately, I drank most of my cellar recently.

6. HopsMatt

Gravity Head started last Friday. They have already gone through several kegs, dozens I presume. They are saying that they have enough to pour all the way into Derby, which is the first Saturday in May. Im not sure how much the guys at Founders are bringing. The last time I went to a bar they took over, their brews flowed all night long. They bring a lot of stuff and it usually lasts through the weekend.

7. tylermains

So far the lineup is: Imp stout, Double Trouble, Blushing Monk, Curmudgeon, Better Half, CBS, KBS, Nemesis (2010), Breakfast Stout (2010). I'm hoping CBS and KBS last til 5!

8. HopsMatt

Im sure they will. They arent filling the glasses. I think I was told they will only do 5 to 6oz at a time. I just hope the Nemesis doesnt run out!

9. CWBlues

CWBlues Savant (310) Indiana May 4, 2011

I think I read a tweet or something that said they're also bringing some Better Half, recently found a small keg to bring or something. Don't quote me on that.

Unfortunately I can't make it. But enjoy all those tasty brews!

10. tylermains

You're right CWBlues, they did find some Better Half.

As far as trading goes.... I just picked up a lot of Fou'Foune and Lou Pepe Kriek. Cantiloooooooons! Interested anyone?

11. I'm definitely interested in Lou Pepe Kriek, what are you looking for?

12. HopsMatt

Checking again to see if anyone is planning to attend now that its only a few days away.

13. CBS is gone!

14. HopsMatt

That was quick!

15. antzman

antzman Savant (330) Indiana Feb 14, 2005

That was a fun night. Lots of great people in attendance, and a great chance to try some great rare beers. It was awesome to see how much the 2010 Nemesis had mellowed out, and I appreciate someone letting me try a sip of the Better Half, as that one went quickly as well.

tronto likes this.