Four Peaks Brewery opens new Tasting Room / Brewery

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by Jason, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Jason

Jason Founder (1,365) Massachusetts Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

TEMPE, AZ (December 2012) – What do you get when Arizona’s premier craft brewery opens a giant new facility and tap room, and the Valley’s best food trucks snag prime parking out front? A libation collaboration sure to excite even the most seasoned taste buds, from Arizona’s only craft beer brewery to crack the Top 50 Craft Breweries in the U.S. (Brewer’s Association)

That’s right – Four Peaks’ massive new brewing facility has opened at 2401 S Wilson in Tempe, boasting a 60-barrel system, a plethora of Four Peaks signature suds on tap, a few wines and revolving parking out front by some of the Valley’s top-rated food trucks.

The new facility is expected to double Four Peaks’ production figures, a necessary move as the company continues to build momentum both locally and nationally through numerous high profile events like Four Peaks Kilt Fest and Four Peaks Randomonium, and racks up multiple top honors at the most recent World Beer Cup Awards.

“It’s a simple matter of supply and demand,” said Andy Ingram, co-owner and brew master at Four Peaks. “We’ve been very fortunate in our ability to create an extremely loyal customer base both in Arizona and beyond, and this new facility enables us to extend our reach significantly, which we are tremendously grateful for. Arizona’s given us plenty of reasons to raise our glasses this year.”

Food trucks, including those voted “Best Food Truck” in 2012 by Phoenix Magazine and Phoenix New Times, will take turns parked outside the new facility beginning Nov. 29. Four Peaks’ existing locations in Scottsdale (15745 North Hayden Road) and Tempe (1340 E 8th St.) still feature the regular Four Peaks food menu.

The new Tempe facility is open daily from 2 pm – 10 pm, with happy hour served daily until 6 pm.
    To find out when your favorite food truck will be there visit Four Peaks Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/fourpeaksbrew We will have it up on the website soon as well (I have attached this month’s calendar as well).

ABOUT FOUR PEAKS BREWERY
    Four Peaks Brewery is a Tempe, Arizona based brewery and restaurant located near the campus of Arizona State University. As Arizona’s largest local craft brewer, Four Peaks is consistently recognized for its extensive assortment of signature, specialty and seasonal brews, and has taken home numerous national honors at the World Beer Cup and Great American Beer Festival.

###

2. I've been in AZ all my life and I'm happy to see 4P growing. We certainly don't have a lot of bragging rights for beers made locally, but these guys along with SanTan, Sleepy Dog, Prescott, Lumberyard and even Papago are a few we can be proud of. Four Peaks has really opened the eyes of so many, showing them that there are other options besides what is lining so many shelves in the coolers of our local grocers...and for that, I'm grateful for Four Peaks.

luwak likes this.
  3. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

So i was there two days ago. Its actually a very nice, is sparse facility. Great view of fermenters and kettle.
    They even had a pair of guest handles (4P never seems to do this at the other locations).
    the story is that this space is supposed to allow them to use other facilities to make weird/seasonal/ special releases etc... Got to have the bourbon barrel aged rye wine at the new location. Realy very nice beer. Looking forward to more special stuff.

I wish them well.

i'll try to get some pics up soon