1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Framinghammer availability??

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by Adamdc, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Adamdc

Adamdc Savant (275) Massachusetts Nov 18, 2007

Does anyone know if Framinghammer (either BA or non BA versions) will be released in bottles? And, if so, when and how limited will they be?
  2. Regular Framinghammer was not bottled. BA Framinghammer is being released at the brewery tomorrow and will hit distribution next week. It is not super limited, but there is not a lot of it either.
  3. Adamdc

Adamdc Savant (275) Massachusetts Nov 18, 2007

So regular FH is growler/tap only?
  4. Pahn

Pahn Advocate (695) New York Dec 2, 2009

i am going to hit this beer so hard it will be like a diamond car driving into a diamond wall.
  5. Correct.
  6. had framinghammer on tap on st patricks day and it was excellent, wish it was bottles
    meadnbrew likes this.
  7. They just tweeted a photo of a case of BA Framinghammer. I think I'll be skipping out of work early today to get some and a growler of the regular Framinghammer.
  8. doesn't go on sale til tomorrow
  9. AdamF625

AdamF625 Savant (435) Massachusetts Nov 25, 2010

Price check on it?
  10. It is on sale today. $6 for a 500ml bottle.
  11. sorry about that, I forgot that there is a 4 hour difference on the time stamps and EST. they should really fix the time stamp to EST on here, isnt Beeradvocate a Massachusetts Co.?
  12. Patrick

Patrick Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 13, 2007

I think that's user error. My timestamps are accurate.
  13. emannths

emannths Savant (390) Massachusetts Sep 21, 2007

You can set your timezone here http://beeradvocate.com/community/account/preferences
  14. Didn't know that, seems silly to have it default to UK though
  15. Has to default to something, why not GMT.

To get back on topic, any chance the distributor will have it if a store gets a friday delivery?
  16. Drinking a bottle of BA Framminghammer right now. It's sublime.
    Jnorton00, Trevdawg and Pahn like this.
  17. Going up there this weekend for some growlers. Got a 4-pack of 2/25 Hop Union to hold me over till then ;)
  18. willbm3

willbm3 Savant (380) Massachusetts Feb 19, 2010

I will be carefully monitoring its arrival next week
  19. Picked up 7 at the brewery yesterday, unbelievable price. They had non BA and Baller Ass BA on tap for tastes for those who want to compare on the spot.

They were labeling the beer yesterday too. Saw a few pallets of it getting ready for distro.
  20. The bottles say 10% ABV but their board says 10%+... anyone care to hazard a guess as to what it actually clocks in at? Allagash's tripel gets a full 2% bump from the bourbon, but I suppose this could end up being less depending on how wet their barrels are
  21. benbking

benbking Savant (275) Massachusetts Dec 11, 2009

Had it on draft(non BA version) at Saus last night. So good.
    gdkersey likes this.
  22. commis

commis Savant (330) Massachusetts Jul 21, 2009

Anyone seen bottles in Boston yet? I might go make some rounds and try to find it today.
  23. Haven't heard anything yet but I'd recommend following Jack's Abby on twitter- they'll often retweet when a store announces they've gotten in a shipment
  24. willbm3

Stores near me get distro later in the week, so no. I'm hoping they get it in this week.
  25. I asked a couple stores near me and just got a "not yet hopefully soon". Helpful as always.
  26. Pahn

Pahn Advocate (695) New York Dec 2, 2009

my friend who lives in boston picked up a few bottles. i'm not sure where, but i don't think he went all the way to jack's abby (since he would likely have gotten growlers as well, were that the case).
    commis likes this.
  27. Regular Framminghammer is on tap at Meadhall in Cambridge right now.
  28. MVP09

MVP09 Savant (365) Massachusetts Oct 19, 2012

Anyone see Julio's is doing a 5pm release tomorrow? Is this the norm? Or will BA FA be that limited for Distro? I thought Julio's usually just did a Facebook post and 1st come 1st serve. I know they have the hold card thing too. Just wondering if this stuff was gonna be hard to get
  29. There will be plenty. They're doing a thing for the game of thrones beer and I think they're just releasing the Framinghammer then too.
  30. MVP09

MVP09 Savant (365) Massachusetts Oct 19, 2012

Saw one BA on this thread tried it but how is it tasting? Got my bottles and trying to hold out till Thurs to drink a bottle
  31. It's awesome!
    Pahn likes this.
  32. commis

commis Savant (330) Massachusetts Jul 21, 2009

Still haven't seen any bottles of the BA, but I'm drinking a regular Framminghammer at Picco right now and... It's sick. Might be the best Baltic Porter I've tasted. Wow. I can see this doing quite well in a barrel. Anyone know what barrels were used?
  33. I believe last year was Jim Beam not sure about this year.
  34. willbm3

Has anyone seen bottles in downtown Boston yet?
  35. Robtobfest

Robtobfest Savant (340) Connecticut Oct 21, 2009

Heading to Picco saturday from CT....dont drink it all!
  36. When it was cold it tasted boozy...like it might have been over 10%. As it warmed up the booziness mellowed out. Hard to say, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 11-12%. Either way, it's drinking damn good.
    lhteacher likes this.
  37. I had the bourbon barrel version and the regular from a growler immediately afterward. I agree that the BA version started out a bit boozy, though I'm not sure that I let it warm enough to have the same experience you did. I thought the non-BA version was much sweeter overall actually, and that the BA version could have stood a little extra sweetness. I'm going to lay down 3 or 4 to see how they develop over age. I have a gut feeling that this is going to be a real gem by next winter.
  38. This year our barrels came from Kentucky Bourbon Distillers, who manage several brands including Willet and Johnny Drum.
    commis likes this.
  39. A fantastic brew, all you could want in a porter and more.
  40. Yup, 7-8 12 bottles cases on the floor @Julios now