1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Free growler fills

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by Growlers-Montrose, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Growlers-Montrose

Growlers-Montrose Member

Growler's Beer and Wine To Go is giving away a free 32 or 64 oz growler fill of No Label Elda M mild stout with the purchase of a growler. If you already have a Growler's Beer and Wine To Go growler, we'll fill it free. We're at 1005 Waugh Drive, Houston. At Growlers-Montrose on FB.
  2. bccocx

bccocx Member

You sure know how to make new friends! Can't wait to stop by the next time I'm in Houston
  3. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

Anyone that wants to send me a free growler of Elda M I'll send you one back!
  4. HopAG

HopAG Member

MMmmm.... I'll be there!

What are your hours?
  5. DonD

DonD Member

Got mine. Thanks!
  6. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

And I'm good on this!
  7. DonD

DonD Member

Nice. Had I seen the post before i went I would have grabbed another.
  8. Growlers-Montrose

Growlers-Montrose Member

Till the beer runs out. Have 2 kegs.
  9. BeanBone

BeanBone Member

I stopped in here Saturday, very cool place!
  10. kmello69

kmello69 Member

Why are you so far away from me?!?!
    blatherbeard likes this.
  11. NJessett

NJessett Member

How much are the growlers?
  12. Schmuck82

Schmuck82 Member

Hey guys, I was wondering which beers you had available but when I try to find it on your website I get an error.
  13. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Member

Hey, I sent you guys a direct message on twitter about my growler fill I got last night. If you would, drop me a reply.
  14. Ford

Ford Member

Going to try and make it by tomorrow afternoon hopefully.
  15. crusian

crusian Member

Just go get a 6-pack...
  16. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

I have... Much better on tap.
  17. crusian

crusian Member

Lol
  18. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

Plus those damn 6pks are expensive. I did a "milk off" with Elda vs Temptress. Temptress wiped the floor with poor Elda. Then I did them side by side on tap and Elda has much more depth and hangs right there with Temptress.
  19. rainerschuhsler

rainerschuhsler Member

I don't think they really know how to use Twitter yet. Notice the tweets that are obviously replies to people but are missing the username they are replying to? And then there are a couple of tweets where they replied to themselves:

"@Growlersmontros. No, just a newbie!!!"
    https://twitter.com/GrowlersMontros/status/297169019151212544
  20. champ103

champ103 Member

Who cares about twitter, or facebook for that matter. If they have a good product with good quality they will sell, if not they wont. There are to many beer geeks that don't care about that social network crap. If they win their loyalty with a quality product then those people will return. I care more about what they have and the quality, over how they use twitter (which I still don't completely know).
  21. rainerschuhsler

rainerschuhsler Member

I wasn't trying to say anything other than point out that they might not (or know how to) get back to DanzBorin on Twitter.

Anyway, you're underestimating the power and marketing potential of social media. Sure, places exist just fine without it, but there are many places that thrive from it. In fact, without social media, I don't think anyone here would have heard of them yet. This forum is a form of social media after all, and the first about them here was, "Just saw a post on facebook about this."

Well, nobody here besides me. I live a block away from them. ;)
    champ103 likes this.
  22. champ103

champ103 Member

Agree to a certain extent. I just think twitter and Facebook are over valued. Though that is coming from someone that is not on either ;)
  23. tigrstylz

tigrstylz Member

I have never been a twitter fan and always felt that there was never a "need" for it. I recently started messing with it. I found it to be the one stop shop to who's pouring what, who has what and any special events. This is from an Austin perspective and even the bottle hot spots tweet with their real time acquisitions.

Here's a link to a very small convenience store that uses a free system to get customers in their store:
    https://twitter.com/E1Grocery I wouldn't have known otherwise that they'd get dissident, abyss, RU-55, etc... Real time!

Just my two cents...
    rainerschuhsler likes this.
  24. Ford

Ford Member

Twitter and Facebook aren't over valued when it comes to letting people know what beers you have... it's the main way I use facebook!
  25. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Member

I have a problem I'd like to rectify so I sent them a message. Seemed pretty straightforward. lol

Guess I'll just head up there.
  26. icetrauma

icetrauma Member

They are open this early!

:D

Regarding Facebook and Twitter, it is free advertising. Easy and simple way to reach thousands of potential customers without spending a dime. Plus, it lets you know what is on tap and planned events. Check out Nobi Public House, they are all over FB and Twitter with this beer just tapped and that beer came in....etc.
  27. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

You're 100% correct. When you have a business, especially a small business which most bars are, you do every bit of free advertising you can. People let their own personal angst towards FB and twitter get in the way of common business sense far too often.
    icetrauma likes this.
  28. kmello69

kmello69 Member

Twitter is how I know where to chase bottles. Otherwise, I find it cumbersome to use, but I just watch the information scroll by
    icetrauma likes this.
  29. Azzy

Azzy Member

You do know this is considered illegal in Texas right? You can lose your license for giving away the beer...

You can give away a growler if the purchase the beer but not the other way around. Heads up before TABC comes kicking doors down.
  30. kmello69

kmello69 Member

Are you sure? When breweries do tastings, you are buying the glass, and getting the beer for free. But there is usually a limit - 24oz I think. So I dont know what this means in this instance.
  31. Azzy

Azzy Member

I think I am wrong. I had it backwards. Idk I'm confused lol. I think you're doing it right I had backwards. Cause then if you made them buy the beer to get the growler it would be wrong. Your ok, I just mixed things up.

And yeah at breweries you buy the tour experience and get free beer
  32. Lutter

Lutter Member

Who cares?

Send me free maybe-illegal beer! ;)
  33. icetrauma

icetrauma Member

You can only ship it by the shine of the moon.