1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Freetail Ananke bottle release

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by BgThang, Mar 6, 2012.

1. mhenson42

mhenson42 Advocate (570) Texas Nov 20, 2011

Anyone from Houston coming to this? I'd really appreciate it if someone could bring some Karbach stuff to try at the bottle share. Or if someome would bring me a variety of their beers, I'd reimburse the costs plus hook you up with a bottle of something as a thank you. I'd be interested in the IPAs and the Imp. Porter. Maybe a can of the wheat. Hit me up via PM

2. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Savant (255) New York Dec 12, 2010

I've been looking for a Freetail proxy for a long time. Any of ya'll interested? You proxy me Freetail, I'll proxy you Hill Farmstead/Lawson's.

3. nate8767

nate8767 Aficionado (185) Alabama Nov 1, 2011

Excellent usage of "y'all" and even more excellent choice of your screenname.

4. raffy313

raffy313 Savant (405) Texas Dec 15, 2010

OK, for those who are interested in actual details of the Ananke bottle release...

From their FB page:
    "Hey David. We'll have an update midweek on bottle counts, but preliminarily:

About 800-1000 bottles will be available, price TBD but probably around $12-14/bottle. Limit depends on the size of the crowd, but we don't anticipate having a limit.

We should still have bottles of Old Bat Rastard, Velocihoptor, Buffalo Hump, and PaleTail available.

Bottles go on sale at 11am. No tickets passed out.

We'll have an update on Thursday. Cheers!"

Looking forward to my first ever Freetail release!

5. ElkSherpa

ElkSherpa Aficionado (200) Texas Dec 26, 2008

Always excited about Freetail release days! I'll have a few fun bottles to share.

6. miikezombie

miikezombie Savant (345) Texas Aug 13, 2010

Thanks for the heads up.

7. xpimptastikx

xpimptastikx Initiate (0) Texas Oct 8, 2008

Looks like I'll be working all day Saturday instead of going to Freetail...
    If anyone from Austin doesn't mind grabbing an extra bottle or two since there probably won't be a limit, I can pay you back.

8. raffy313

raffy313 Savant (405) Texas Dec 15, 2010

"Oh yeah... they will be 22oz bottles."

9. BomberKing

BomberKing Aficionado (160) Texas Jan 15, 2011

I need a mule from Austin! I couldnt get the day off work. I'll pay gas and bottles price. I want 4-6 bottles if there is no limit

10. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Savant (420) Texas Sep 30, 2007

It looks like ill be having to ask for days off with my new job so im out since La Muerta Day is my favorite.

Good pay, shitty time off. =(

Have a few for me guys!

11. BgThang

BgThang Savant (435) Texas Dec 23, 2007

will have some tabasco porter homebrew to try...collab between myself and vagenwolks. also bringing some bier de garde barrel project the austin zealots did. a nice sour ass beer.

LadyOfMuchBeer likes this.
  12. miikezombie

miikezombie Savant (345) Texas Aug 13, 2010

Drew told me about the Tabasco Porter a while back. I'm looking forward to it.

13. LadyOfMuchBeer

LadyOfMuchBeer Savant (380) Texas Apr 30, 2011

I will have to miss out on that one. Sure sounds good though. Enjoyed everything you guys brought for OBR release.

14. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Savant (475) Texas Oct 15, 2011

I will be there for the release and bottle share. Not sure what I will bring, but I am sure it will be good. See you guys there!

15. Phoenix2443

Phoenix2443 Savant (335) Texas Jan 20, 2010

I need an Austin mule! A bottle of temptation plus cost for anyone who can help!