1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Freetail Sept 15th Bottle Release

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by miikezombie, Aug 19, 2012.

1. johnsaulrubio

johnsaulrubio Savant (265) Texas Dec 2, 2006

Added my list. Hold on to your assholes.
    texasclimber and ElkSherpa like this.
  2. ElkSherpa

ElkSherpa Aficionado (200) Texas Dec 26, 2008

Stoked! Always excited about Freetail events. I'll have some great pals in tow, plus some fantastical beers of my own devices, and from other great minds as well. Viva los amigos del Freetail!
    texasclimber and kunstdrache like this.
  3. atxdelivery

atxdelivery Aficionado (235) Texas Aug 28, 2010

Brown eye starfish being held.
  4. Grendle

Grendle Aficionado (220) Texas Apr 11, 2012

Someone say hold on to the chocolate starfish? :eek:
  5. atxdelivery

Here we go, here we go. OK poop shoot being held! I cant wait to open bottles while there are still bottles on the table. Your not the boss of me John, just kidding dude. See yall Sat. Coming in Friday, anyone want to have a preparty Friday night in SA??
    texasclimber and Grendle like this.
  6. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Savant (420) Texas Sep 30, 2007

Man, now that i have the day off, maybe ill show up just to fuck with yall.
  7. jl28r1

jl28r1 Savant (490) Texas Jan 10, 2011

Man Josh! You are quite the rebel!!! ;-)
    texasclimber likes this.
  8. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Advocate (540) Texas Apr 26, 2007

Man, the La Muerta Day bottle share is gonna SUCK! ;)
  9. miikezombie

miikezombie Savant (335) Texas Aug 13, 2010

Yeah. Cause I wont be there to mock John and his skinny jeans.
  10. LadyOfMuchBeer

LadyOfMuchBeer Savant (380) Texas Apr 30, 2011

I am now getting worried about losing my ability to get a ticket to mules. How stressful you people are!
  11. Grendle

Any suggestions?
  12. mhenson42

mhenson42 Advocate (550) Texas Nov 20, 2011

I just poured out most of a Strawberry Shorts Cake on Sunday... I wish I saved it for the tasting now that I see you list. Plus the Scorpion would have helped rinse the taste from my mouth. Lol
  13. ElkSherpa

ElkSherpa Aficionado (200) Texas Dec 26, 2008

Who said anything about mules? The friends I am bringing along are the geekiest of all the beer nerds. At any rate, still excited to share some awesome beer with you kind folks.
  14. LadyOfMuchBeer

LadyOfMuchBeer Savant (380) Texas Apr 30, 2011

Sorry, a few other people had mentioned bringing friends so they can get more bottles and I just projected that. I am doing all I can to try to get there and get something I really want to try, but I have no choice but to drive down morning of. I am getting very nervous.
  15. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Advocate (505) Texas Apr 13, 2010

These beers getting released tomorrow are wales already?
  16. miikezombie

They are whatever wales search for at this point.
  17. thirdeye11

thirdeye11 Savant (445) Texas Feb 3, 2009

Anyone know where we should stay hotel-wise? We're bringing a small dog, which complicates things a bit in terms of hotel stay. I've got it covered as far as a place for him to stay during the bottle share.
  18. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (425) Texas Mar 12, 2012

I'll be wearing some TCU garb and my +1 has very long curly black hair.

What glasses should I bring? I really don't have any nice taster glasses and I think my teku glasses might be a little overkill ;)
  19. starkmarvelo

starkmarvelo Advocate (500) Texas Jan 20, 2010

If I am in the first 60, I'm willing to buy a bottle for some one else who isn't as fortunate. Just let me know.
    ElkSherpa likes this.
  20. H0rnedFr0gs

Pre Party at FW Saucer. 512 PP with Myers Rum bringing me into the weekend. T minus 8 hrs for so til 'the drive'
  21. starkmarvelo

I'm gonna be there early, but the only bottle I have that would be out of the ordinary would be Tenaya Creek's Imperial Stout. If anyone is interested, I'll bring it. If not I'll just leave it at home.
  22. atxdelivery

I have no idea whats going on anymore on this thread but for one thing albinos are not their own race, they are just like you and I with an absence of melanin. They are very nice and also deep thinkers. Getting back to tomorrow. Heading down to SA to stay in a cheap hotel and getting to Freetail around 720. First bottle will be a good one for you tickers.
  23. xpimptastikx

xpimptastikx Initiate (0) Texas Oct 8, 2008

Damn you Josh! I have to close tonight, so I don't really see myself being there before 10 tomorrow. :(
  24. dumptruck81

dumptruck81 Savant (360) Texas Dec 28, 2011

Scratch my previous additions to the bottle list. I'll be bringing
    Miller light for the albinos... Ank You.
  25. johnsaulrubio

johnsaulrubio Savant (265) Texas Dec 2, 2006

Added more to my list. Like a goddamned boss.

Anyone else staying at the Super 8 Fiesta on I-10?
  26. SirWalkAbout

SirWalkAbout Savant (290) Texas Dec 6, 2011

Wow, this bottle share is going to be awesome!
    Grendle likes this.
  27. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

Well, looks like I'm not going to make this. Damn it. If anyone from the Austin area is only planning on buying only 1 bottle of the Roja and wants to pick up a second for me, I'll trade ya something really nice for it. Just throwing it out there. :eek:
  28. miikezombie

He won't make it this go around, because he is sick. He would love you forever if you brought malt liquor, Lone Star, or Ghost Face Killer.
  29. rococola

rococola Disciple (60) Texas Dec 25, 2010

Since you fucks are having such a dick swinging contest, Im not bringing any beer :p instead i will be bringing triple b muffins (Blueberry, banana, blackberry).
  30. jl28r1

I like the way you think! Save one for me.
  31. Ahaley

Ahaley Aficionado (120) Texas Dec 24, 2009

People planning on gathering at 8? Coming from North Austin so still trying to decide if we can make it in time for the tasting.
  32. xpimptastikx

xpimptastikx Initiate (0) Texas Oct 8, 2008

I'm coming from North Austin and leaving around 8. I also don't really care about getting Fortuna.
  33. Ahaley

Ahaley Aficionado (120) Texas Dec 24, 2009

Cool. Good to know. Just never been to a FT tasting so I wasn't quite sure about the plan of action. Thanks.
  34. Intrik

Intrik Zealot (90) Texas Aug 28, 2010

Gonna head up there to watch the 2nd half of the Cascadia cup hopefully. I'm sure all the festivities will be done pretty soon, but I'll be wearing an orange Dynamos hat! Didn't think of bringing my Pumpkinator so I have no beer for the tasting (which I already probably am late for).
  35. jl28r1

What a great time! Thanks to Scott for putting up with all of us.
  36. Grendle

Great time with all fellow BA's!
    starkmarvelo likes this.
  37. miikezombie

Fixed.

On a serious note, cheers to all the new peeps I met. (Grendle, atxdelivery, hornedfrogs, badger, and many more)
  38. starkmarvelo

I had a blast as well. It's good to put faces with the forum handles. Thanks everyone for all the great beers, especially the White Chocolate and the Figaro. Truely excellent. And to #61, I hope you enjoy the Fortuna, I was probably just going to trade it anyway. Looking forward to Dia de la Muerta.
  39. miikezombie

The best part was giving jl28r1 a spring board Doomsday Device off the guard rail. What a rush!
    Grendle likes this.
  40. H0rnedFr0gs

Double down on the awesome time. I'm still a bit speechless at the generosity everyone showed, awesome rare bottles and great home brews. Can't wait for the next event, thanks so much everyone