1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Frozen Beer (fantasy hockey) Trash Talk and Potential Hauls

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by chrisp450, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Duffman929

Duffman929 Savant (370) Illinois Nov 27, 2010

2. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Savant (460) Utah Jul 12, 2012

3. OakedCanuck

OakedCanuck Initiate (0) Washington Jun 23, 2009

Exactly. He got me 15 penalty minutes last night. Sweet.

4. merc7186

merc7186 Savant (345) New York Dec 5, 2010

I love this link...Who has Thomas Vanek? Who has Patricia Kane?? Me, Hockey Genius???

(Franzen can keep Kane's mouth piece)(I wish I still had the picture of him in the cop car when he got arrested for skipping out on a cab fare in Buffalo a couple of years ago, my buddy was the arresting officer and snapped a pic of him in the squad car)

(now if I could have drafted a goalie who didnt give up 4 goals a fucking start...)

5. Duffman929

Patricia? Dude is from your home town! What a backstabber....

BTW, you can have Ryan Miller.....cheap. No worse than what you have.

6. I was gunna post that video of the hit on Hossa but thats just too low... also I think Torres has always been and will always be a scumbag

7. merc7186

People still drive by his father's house and toss change into their driveway...

I didn't want Miller during the draft anyways because I know better. Their defense has been horrific and Miller hasn't helped himself this year with all of the soft goals he has been letting in. I don't remember who drafted Tyler Myers originally but that was also a waste of a draft pick. People are screaming for his ass to be put into the press box for a couple of games.

8. imfrommichigan

Lesson learned. Never eat his chili before the game.

9. Duffman929

I think my favorite Kane meme was the shirt off one with the two chicks in Vancouver that said something like...."What....two 5's is a 10!"

10. merc7186

Eating Chili before a game is the most stupid thing you can do (next to chinese food)...I once made the mistake of doing chicken fingers before a game once...needless to say, I was puking by the end of the first period and blowing mud after the end of it.

11. Ill toss all beef hot dogs into the mix of worst food prior to a game... try having those repeat on you on the bench, everyone will wanna vomit.

12. merc7186

Thanks for keeping my spot warm for me, Crawbee, but Ill take it from here.

13. Your welcome. Don't think it will last though.

14. Yeah watch out for me, im shooting up in the rankings now!

15. imfrommichigan

The rest of us are playing for third apparently. That is unless of course Crawbee's goalies end up blowing it.

16. Duffman929

This is so cute....trash talking a quarter of the way in. Proceed.

17. So...even though some cocksucker just stepped on Erk Karlsson's fucking Achilles tendon with their skate, thus severing it and rendering him useless for the rest of his life...is there no IR spot I can put him on? I tried to dump him and grab someone else off the FA pool...but he's on the "Cannot Drop List" and I'm stuck with him?

18. That effectively kills my season. Yay. lol

19. Wow. And I'm in fucking first? LOL That won't last long.

20. imfrommichigan

You should be able to put him in the IR spot. I had to do the same with Letang while he was out.

21. There's really no need to IR him anyway. He'll be lucky to be back this time next year. :oops:

22. imfrommichigan

You have to wait for them to update his status before you throw him on there.

23. Again...when someone has no Achilles tendon...no sense in keeping him around.

24. Shouldn't have drafted him then. Hehe :D Luck of the draft

25. It's no biggie. Dion Phaneuf was available. He sucks in +/-...but he's an upgrade in PIM's and Hits...and can definitely add some offense. Goaltending coming up big again. Rinne en route to back to back shutouts right now. Goaltending is huge in this league. Goalies...one position...account for nearly 50% of the statistical categories in this league. Initially I was going to go goaltenders back to back....but some folks took who I wanted a lot earlier than I planned, and outside of Rinne, I didn't get who I wanted. But Niemi hasn't been horrible.

26. Thanks to whoever it was that dropped Phaneuf! hes been stepping his game up this last week or so

27. merc7186

That was I because he was complete fucking dud for me in the first two weeks, killed my +/- and got me nothing for points.

28. Yeah I saw that too, I was just hoping he would snap out of that crap, also I have a weak spot on D esp since Weber isnt doing crap.

29. merc7186

He wasn't doing well over the last week, the teams was on a 5 game winning streak. Remember that he is a first line defensemen, so when the team is shitting the bed, he will be on the ice.

30. Duffman929

Hanging around...hanging around.....kid's got alligator blood.

31. merc7186

All day long...check, check, check

32. Duffman929

33. You fucking bastard. Lol. Life sucks for Sharks fans

34. We can never catch a break

35. Duffman929

Get rid of Joe. Worked for the B's.

36. Damn that was a beating. And its going to happen again in two games. I was never a huge Thornton fan but he is a good player. He is predictable and i think out offense is based way too much around giving him the puck. I would be 50/50 on letting him go

37. Goooooooooooooooooooo Hawks!

This has been an amazing run. I know it can't last for forever, and they'll eventually come back down at least CLOSE to earth, but man...even with Emery out...this team's nasty. Last year we had no goaltending, and our penalty kill and power play were at the bottom of the barrel. The PK is churnin' 'n burnin' this year, and the power play's been respectable. Top 5 in goals and goals against average.... You're going to win a lot of games like that. Need to take care of business against the Canucks tonight, then San Jose again...and we'll be off to the best start in NHL history.

38. Duffman929

Ninja edit!

I'm glad to see that the PK is improved. The PP is still clown shoes for how much talent they have. Hope Seabrook's nuts are ok. Also hope when Carbomb comes back that he gets injured again or just replaces the worthless Bollig on the 4th line.

39. We're undefeated. I'l like Carcillo back too....but this team's getting it done in it's current make up. If it ain't broke, leave it the fuck alone. lol