Dismiss Notice
Sneak peek! BeerAdvocate magazine #104 (September 2015) featuring Leah & Oscar from Highland Brewing in Asheville, North Carolina. Learn more ...
Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest BeerAdvocate updates delivered to your inbox.

FT: 120 min ISO: Pliny

Discussion in 'ISO:FT' started by nastybrewer, Mar 3, 2012.

1. nastybrewer

nastybrewer Aspirant (40) Ohio Mar 27, 2011

Just picked up a couple 120s and am willing to trade one for some Pliny. I'd take elder or younger (or both ;)) as they are both ones I am looking to check off my list. Would consider other offers, but I am really looking to get my hands on some Pliny.

Cheers!

2. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) California Aug 19, 2008

Younger is draft only, is no longer made available in growlers, and is done for the year. Gone past its prime, you wouldn't want it. 120 is also available in the parts of California where Elder is, so I'd be surprised if you get many offers. Where are you located? What's local only there?

3. nastybrewer

Yea I thought that might be the case with Younger but wasn't sure on the details. Is 120 available in bottles in that part of CA, or just kegs? I've heard some say that they've seen it on tap but never in bottles there.

I live in Cincinnati, so can get a lot from around the midwest. Most of our local breweries here offer German styled beers, as Cincinnati has a big German influence, but I don't know if there are many that I would consider "must trys." Our local homebrew shop (Listermann) puts out a few brews and their Cincinnatus bourbon barrel stout is pretty damn good in my opinion.

4. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) California Aug 19, 2008

I want to say I've seen 120 in bottles out here at least once before, but I'm not sure of it. We definitely get kegs of it.

5. Jebus675

Jebus675 Aspirant (30) California Feb 29, 2012

We have 90 min regularly in Cali. I do see 120 min occasionally, but it's still pretty rare. It's definitely something worth trading, but you'll probably get offers from 'off' states, that don't get too many craft beers to begin with. GL with your trade man.

Oh... 120min is worth more than Pliny Elder IMHO. Pliny Elder is good, but not worth the effort imho.

6. nastybrewer

Yea I'm defiantly looking for more than one Pliny... or something else to go along with a Pliny.