1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

FT: BA Mexican Cake set plus; ISO: small list

Discussion in 'ISO:FT (Beer Only)' started by zac16125, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have an extra set of all three Barrel Aged Mexican Cakes (Red Wine x1, Apple Brandy x1, Bourbon x1). Also have regular Mexican Cake and a couple other tasty things in my gots. In return I am looking for things from the following list:

Kate the Great
    Bourbon Barrel Dark Lord
    Bourbon Barrel Vanilla Bean Dark Lord
    Ithaca Brute
    Cantillon Blabaer

I know the Blabaer is a stretch but I had someone offer me a 3F Framboos so I figured what the hell I'd throw it out there.

I would do one trade for the whole set, or could split up the set.

Most things in my 'Gots' are up for trade as well if the addition of any of them would help get things done:
    http://beeradvocate.com/user/beers?ba=zac16125&view=G
    (KBS is both current vintage, as well as a 4 year vertical, 2010-2013. Also the Darkness is 2011. Fou Foune is not for trade). Rest of 'Gots' are self explanatory.

BM if interested.
  2. thaghost

thaghost Savant (320) Illinois Apr 29, 2013

Is your ISO limited to those you listed, or are you open to suggestions?
  3. You think the Blabaer is a stretch? That BVDL is going to be just as tough.
    Good luck.
  4. scotv

scotv Savant (470) New York Jan 8, 2013

Looks like its the Southeast's turn to take hostages... move over Upper Midwest... KBBS is old news now
  5. BAstoutsNsours

BAstoutsNsours Initiate (0) Florida Sep 21, 2012

Someone offered a Framboos? I wouldn't hesitate to send the entire set+ more for that.
  6. Whoever offered a Framboos is either ridiculously generous, has no idea what beer Framboos is, or is an imaginary person you made up to inflate the value. South Carolina whales takeover. Move over KBBS as scotv said, there's a new kidnapper in town.
  7. ilovermont

ilovermont Aficionado (125) Vermont Jul 18, 2012

Agreed. Jump on that OP.
  8. If that Framboos offer is still out there put them in touch with me. I know I swore I was going to keep a set for myself but some sacrifices must be made.
  9. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) New York Dec 30, 2011

Framboos on August 3, baby!!! ;) :p

10. Haha, my local tasting group would have me drawn and quartered.
  11. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) New York Dec 30, 2011

I can have you sketched and dimed, if you prefer.

*rimshot*
  12. scotv

don't worry they'll start the 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 "hads" soon to really take control

here we go again... with that said... ISO: BA Mex Cake :p (BM me for cellar link, haha)
  13. Oh and so as to not just rubberneck in someone else's ISO, zac16125 is a cool guy and somebody should hook him up!
  14. BAstoutsNsours

This ^^^, I don't know how you would stumble on to a Framboos without knowing what it is.

15. Considering someone apparently traded a Don Q for an Izzy, at this point I figure anything is possible.
  16. BAstoutsNsours

Well yeah, a 375ml DQ for an Izzy, which got done in about .25 seconds. Putting what has been previously offered to you in your ISO (which seems wildly inflated for what you're trading) has always come off as hyping.
  17. The Framboos offer was from a previous trade partner, who lives overseas. Ill send you the info Julian. If you are ok with international shipping he's certainly looking to make the trade and it would be a win win for both of you. I know the Framboos over is great, but Im looking for those specific beers above.

Let me know how it goes Julian

18. That's okay Zack, I'm not in the mood to do any international deals. But that makes a good amount of sense, and thanks for offering to put me in touch! Sorry I didn't run into you at the release to say hi but I'm sure you had a good time like the rest of us.
  19. Oh sorry just sent you his BA name. The international trading thing does somewhat make things difficult. And yeah I had a real good time, good to hear you enjoyed yourself as well!
  20. Send me his name. Ill do it overseas.
  21. Message sent. Hes a good dude, hook him up and it will be a win win for all.
  22. GregSVT

GregSVT Savant (475) Texas Jul 1, 2009

And here come the BAVDL ISOs...
  23. And why not? BAVDL is around 700 bottles, each of these are 600 bottles or less. And do you remember what those idiots were asking for a BAVDL when it was released? It was absolutely absurd.
  24. scotv

the entire process of how you get a BAVDL says "why not"... one of the biggest (if not the biggest) limited releases... that you have to be lucky to first just get tickets to... and then win a chance to buy a BA DL on a scratch off... and then be in one of the early sessions to buy the BAVDLs before they run out

as opposed to lining up with a couple hundred people to buy your guaranteed (multiple) bottles

with that said... everyone takes hostages when they have their limited release bottles... and its perfectly fine for those in the southeast to get their time doing so... it all balances out in the end i guess
  25. woodchopper

woodchopper Savant (345) Illinois Jul 31, 2010

Wtf is this the latest greatest gotta have bend me over tell me when your done

Because i gotta have this instawhalez set

Ft my entire breaking 14x 22 cellar moving is extra
  26. Captiveodyssey

Captiveodyssey Initiate (0) Florida May 24, 2011

Cool, sounds fair...bm sent
  27. woodchopper

woodchopper Savant (345) Illinois Jul 31, 2010

Please send the largest u haul you can get........ And i have 1100 bottles of wine as well
    Just for the love of instawhalez........
  28. Captiveodyssey

Captiveodyssey Initiate (0) Florida May 24, 2011

Heard the cab brunch traded for a 1946 Lafite on ratebeer. The jack; 4 cases of pappy 23. you may need to add
  29. Cab brunch?

30. Barrel-aged collaboration blend of the cab barrel Mexican Cake and Kentucky Brunch. .RAR instawhale, a '46 Lafite Rothschild seems like a lowball offer to me.
  31. Makes sense. Who likes wine anyway???
  32. So what Ive learned from this thread is the offer for BAVDL was ridiculous for two reasons:
    1) BA Mexican Cake is just overhyped and overhyped means inferior
    2) BA Mexican Cake is inferior to BAVDL because BAVDL has more hype, and more hype equals harder to get equals superior
    Makes more sense now.

I am not arguing that the BA MC set was as hard to get as BAVDL, I know thats not the case. But I do think its a reasonable offer for a number of reasons. Each variant has a significantly lower bottle count than the DL, it was still a brewery only release event in which you had to effectively commit a whole day to in order to secure bottles (and that entails things like taking a day off work, etc.), its a 3:1 offer so you would be getting three very limited beers in exchange for one, and most importantly the beers being traded are awesome. I think its a fair offer. If you don't think its a reasonable offer, thats fine. But why go into the thread and make snide remarks. You know thats going to do nothing but start an internet bickering war.
  33. I personally agree with you Zach that it should be a fair deal, it's just tough when the ISO:FTs involving BAVDL are so insane. I mean, when you have to contend with this:

http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/ft-bvdl-iso-mexi-cake-set.102684/

at that point I'd rather just keep my set of 3 delicious beers and drink them. I do find it a bit strange that there seems to be more skepticism about these than the Toppling Goliath instawhales, when that brewery didn't really have any more or less pedigree than Westbrook when those were released (unlike with Three Floyds/BADL).
  34. Yeah I saw that thread, which is just ridiculous. If my trade doesnt get done it doesnt get done, I understand that and dont mind one bit. I just think its comical the thread shitting that goes on. Theres this entitlement, approaching a level of narcissism really, that people get when they have GI and Three Flyods beers. Its almost as if they feel every beer out there is inferior to their mid-west gems. You can see it all over the trade forums, which is why I generally stay away, except in the now-rare instance that I am actually looking to make a trade.

Anyways,Im working on a couple smaller trades to split up the set. Its more of an inconvience but Im cool with it. and if nothing works out, then oh well. I will just have extra incredible beer to drink and share with friends. What a downer, right haha
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.