1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

FT: CBS, Kate 12' / ISO: Chocolate Rain, Kate 11', BCBVS

Discussion in 'ISO:FT (Beer Only)' started by mgp2675, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgp2675

mgp2675 Initiate (0) New Jersey Oct 30, 2007

I'm going to try to make this post the least confusing as it can be. I have one bottle of CBS to trade. I'm looking for any of the following, and I will throw in more if need be:

-Chocolate Rain
    -BCBVS x2
    -Czar Jack
    -Churchill's

I also have a bottle of Kate the Great from 2012. I will only trade this for a bottle of Kate the Great 2011. Obviously I will throw more into the trade. I have a good amount of rarities in my cellar and there aren't many that I'm not willing to part with.

BM me if interested, again if you have any of the bottles I posted ISO we can work something out. Thanks!

2. mgp2675

Some of the things in my cellar...BA Naked Evil, Surly Darkness, BA Yeti, Eclipse stouts, BCBCS 2010, etc.

3. In case you change your mind about trading Kate the Great 2012 only for 2011, here's an offer:

How about 1 Kate the Great (~$8, 2000 bottles made, lottery release w/ ability to purchase 10 tickets per person per day) & 1 CBS ($18, 1700 bottles made, 2 bottle limit) for 1 Chocolate Rain (~$35, 3 bottles only for reserve society members, rough guess is there's 3/member * 1000 members = 3000 bottles).

It's not precisely dollar for dollar, but this helps account for slightly lower bottle count & allocation of Kate the Great & CBS. How does this sound?

Best,

Roy

P.S. I have Churchill's, but I'm probably not going to trade that readily. I think it was only 300 bottles and I got 2. It's rarer than all the other beers discussed.

4. Just an FYI - CBS bottle count is way higher than 1700. I can't recall the exact number but it was somewhere in the 10,000-15,000 range. Remember it was mass distributed, even though the brewery release only had a small number of bottles.

5. @cbeer88 Oh, yeah, that's right, it was distributed!

@mgp2675 I'm a noob with PMing on BA. I have no idea where to see your PM. I'm trying to find it.

6. mgp2675

I believe it was 12,000 bottles being that there were roughly 1,000 cases. Which sounds like a lot but Founders never said they're bottling it again.

7. I have a bottle of 2012 churchill's that I am willing to trade...this is new to me so I am not sure what defines as fair. Make me an offer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.