1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

FT: Dark Lord '12 ISO: Beatifcation Batch 5

Discussion in 'ISO:FT (Beer Only)' started by JRorie, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRorie

JRorie Aficionado (160) Illinois Oct 11, 2010

Title says it all.
  2. Jarpo

Jarpo Aficionado (205) Missouri Feb 7, 2011

You really like that stuff, huh?
  3. sendsilk

sendsilk Savant (490) Florida Aug 31, 2007

4. I tried to message you but your inbox is full. I'm interested in the trade if you're willing to do 1:1. Message me if you're interested and would like to get this done. If you have 2 to trade I'd like to do 2:2.
  5. Epical8

Epical8 Aficionado (120) California Dec 30, 2010

I'm down for this trade too
  6. IMO Dark Lord should land 2x Beat B5 or more. With how long it was available (it sold out when, 2 weeks ago??) and how I know people that have 100s of bottles from going every day, its unbelievable that it trades for a single, 650ml bottle of a beer thats released once a year and sold out in a minute. Thats my 2 cents OP, but I woulnd't trade 1:1
  7. Really? You know people that have 100s of Beatification at $15 a pop? Well, geez, obviously I'm drinking with the wrong crowd! And if you yourself won't trade 1:1, that's fine - you're entitled to ask for whatever you want for your DL bottles (unless you don't actually have any yourself, and was just here to vent). If the OP is happy getting bottles of Beat 1:1 for his, then why should he care what you think?
  8. oreo

oreo Savant (250) Illinois Jul 29, 2010

1:1 is totally fair. 15 bucks each, 24000 bottles for DL, 12000 for beat. Yeah beat stayed at RR for weeks, but thats because no one lives up there :D

If you released 100,000 bottles of beat in chicago, it would have sold out in minutes as well. Its all about location.
  9. He never said he was happy with 1:1, but the thread responders are assuming it is. I just wanted to give my input as I feel he would be selling himself short to trade 1:1.

Also I know people disagree with me because their Beat has precious trading value, but I'm sorry I think it is just riding the coattails of Beat which was rarer in the past. Its a fantastic beer sure, but its also only an hour away from San Francisco so that puts it at the same distance of FFF from Chicago. Sure most people will not make an hour trek daily, but it was surely easy enough for someone to stock up a few cases before it sold out. Most people have 4 Dark Lords at most. If you are trading strictly $4$ then its even, but thats it.
  10. oreo

Correct. And I am giving my input to your input :)
  11. So you're essentially saying he should be asking $30-45+ for his bottles of new-vintage DL? Good luck with that.
  12. Rarity does count for something in trade value do not pretend it doesnt. We don't see a BB Vanilla Dark Lord trading for $50 worth of beer.
  13. oreo

24,000 bottles of DL : 12,000 bottles of Beat. By rarity alone its 2 DL for 1 Beat.
  14. Yes its also clearly rare in how fast those bottles sold out. Tickets gone in a few minutes, and the beer gone in a day.

Anyway I gave my input, and so has everyone else here. OP can do as he chooses, and good luck on your trade!
  15. oreo

I refer you to my post above. Put those 12,000 bottles of beat in chicago and it would have been more of a shitshow than DLD. The area around RR is wine country. There arent a ton of beer nerds around there like around here. Not everyone is going to drive 2 hours round trip daily to get some beer.
  16. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

I traded 1x LA FdA for 1x 2011 DL and another 1x LA FdA for 1x 2012 DL. I also traded 3x LA FdA for 3x Beat B5. Beat B5 for DL rare4rare $4$ lines up perfectly as 1:1 in my book.

PS: I am not trading away anymore of my FdA or Beat so I have no motive here =)
  17. I also traded some FdA for Beat 1:1. And also Beat for DL '12. I think they are all pretty even.

I really think the FdA was great this year!
  18. DSlim71

DSlim71 Savant (495) New Jersey Mar 3, 2010

My buddy traded his DL 2:2 with Beat. Everyone was happy (including me because I was there when he opened one!)
  19. JRorie

JRorie Aficionado (160) Illinois Oct 11, 2010

I am still kicking offers and such around. I wouldn't mind doing 1:1, I have done it already, but some other interesting offers have come along as well. It's only beer, guys.
  20. DavoleBomb

DavoleBomb Advocate (600) Ohio Mar 29, 2008

I hate this mindset. Why can't people trade beer they have for beer they want without thinking about if they are getting as much as they can? Beer traders are looking more and more like those douchebags on wall street that spend all day yelling at each other as the price of pork bellies fluccuates.

I'll throw in my two cents as well. Beat is more valuable than DL for the following reasons:

1. Bottle count: Beat by a factor of 2.
    2. Release frequency: Beat by a good bit.
    3. Price: tie
    4. Reputation: Beat by a good bit.

That said, I think 1 for 1 is completely reasonable.
  21. wsnich

wsnich Savant (410) Texas Apr 26, 2010

I have no idea why people keep trying to undermine the trade value of beat. All currently aging beatification was used for this batch. It won't be seen for awhile.
  22. I wish that that they left the replies in the ISO:FT forum off so people could just trade in peace without having 17 responses criticizing the trade/trade request etc. A trade is a good trade if both parties walk away happy, plain and simple.
  23. Well, i would gladly drive two hours but the problem is it's more like a plane flight and a two hour drive from southern cal. A lot of midwesterners assume that because you can get from chicago to wisonsin or Indiana in a little over an hour that everything in ca is a stones throw away.

Beat is far rarer than DL. Half the bottle count. The only reason for the misconception is because the rare few that live close enough to the brewery got tons of it for trade bait. Many of which are newer BAs that drove the value down temporarily.
  24. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (955) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

Yeah, this is pretty much it, I mean in the haul thread I am pretty sure a guy had a full pallet of Beat, so it gives the appearance that it is plentiful.
  25. Smurf2055

Smurf2055 Savant (485) Washington Nov 12, 2011

Quality over quantity.
  26. pschul4

pschul4 Advocate (615) Illinois Jan 7, 2011

It still boggles my mind that some people don't understand this. Also the same reason I love trading partners. Instead of trying to get the most for your beer, you try to one up each others generosity with each box
  27. 2dogbrew

2dogbrew Savant (410) Virginia Mar 2, 2009

Just to report in - Beatification is gone at the brewery. sold out today.
  28. Wow, took a month and a half. I actually thought it was already sold out
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.