1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

FT: Fou Foune ISO: BN x4 and BCBS x4

Discussion in 'ISO:FT (Beer Only)' started by RuckusDu, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RuckusDu

RuckusDu Savant (395) Colorado Mar 23, 2011

Don't get me wrong, FF is a wonderful beer, I just would get more enjoyment out of these 8 bottles. 4x Black Note and 4x Boubon County Brand Stout ('12 is fine, but any year really).

Would also consider an offer including CW 15, BA Braxas, '09 BBQ, or other BBQ.

Cheers,
    Elliot

2. ABisonEgo

ABisonEgo Savant (290) Illinois Jan 31, 2012

i hear ya on the 12oz bottles. Im sure you will have no problem getting this done. cheers!

3. Mjmoser

Mjmoser Savant (410) Illinois May 6, 2012

Yeah, but FF isn't $50....

4. neither is a 4 pack of BN and a 4 pack of BCBS

5. Mjmoser

Mjmoser Savant (410) Illinois May 6, 2012

Sure was. Ave price of each being $25.

6. Agreed...

7. $40-45 around here at a minimum if you even have the chance to buy it.

8. black note is 24 and bcbs is 18-20

fou foune is ~40 and it's significantly harder to find

9. ABisonEgo

ABisonEgo Savant (290) Illinois Jan 31, 2012

Ive seen bcbs for 48 for a 4 pack. Average was around 22 i would say. Very few places actually had bcbs for 20 dollars, let alone 18... at least in chicago

10. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

FF isn't really anything, it varies wildly. I've seen it for ~$25 and for >$60. There really isn't a standard price on that one.

11. Paid $25 for FF this year.

12. Average price on BCBS is a solid $20. I traded for a bunch before it landed in MA (for a while it looked like it wasn't going to make it here this year) and that was the price from multiple people. Then it landed in MA, which consistently prices higher than other states, and it was $21-$22 a 4-pack at a number of stores. Anyone charging much more than that is just gouging.

I have no personal anecdote on Black Note, but let's call it $25.

FF is impossible to price, but the last bottle I ordered from overseas was 19.40 Euro before shipping. That's about $25 on the exchange, then another $10 for shipping. Call it $35. For what little hits US shelves these days, I think you'd be damn lucky to score it under $30. Lamvinus is similar price/rarity, and regularly goes for $35-$40 on shelves.

Net-net this is pretty close $4$, and quite lopsided in rarity when you factor in the scarcity of FF. Plus FF has really high trade pull. Rare and highly desirable $35-$40 beers have gone for a lot more than $45 worth of interesting but obtainable bottles.

Long story short, this will probably get done, it's not worth the commotion, and let the OP trade his beer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.