FT: fresh growler of CCB Dos Años Kumquat Berliner Weisse ISO: regular growler trading partner

Discussion in 'ISO:FT (Beer Only)' started by joshodonn, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshodonn

joshodonn Savant (345) Florida Jan 21, 2011

I have a 32oz growler of Dos Años Kumquat Berliner Weisse that was filled this morning, in fact I was the first person in line so this is the first growler out the door of the keg that was tapped this morning.

What I would like to find is someone who has regular access to growlers from breweries that aren't available in FL. My first choice would be someone in VT near Hill Farmstead. I think it would be cool if we could set up a regular growler trade, maybe once a month or so... I realize most states use 1/2 gallon growlers so I would send two CCB growlers for every one 1/2 gallon you send me. Of course if you can get 32 oz growlers then we just go 1:1.

I will not be able to make every Tuesday growler release, in fact I'll be doing good if I make it to even a third of them. However if there is something special and I can get there I will make every attempt to do so. My goal would be to keep everything $4$, with the idea that both parties will occasionally get some special growlers that you would otherwise have to have lots of ammo to trade for...

Please let me know if this might be something you are interested in setting up.

2. Circleo12

Circleo12 Advocate (630) South Carolina Nov 12, 2012 Verified

Awesome plan and idea, good luck! If I weren't just 2 states above you with nothing unique, I'd be all over it.

3. CheapBeerBuzz

CheapBeerBuzz Advocate (640) California Dec 20, 2011 Verified

Any interest in Magnolia, Drake's, 21st Amendment, and sometimes an RRB, etc? The problem with California is that our laws require that the growlers be filled with the actual breweries glass/growlers. That would make this concept make sense if re-sending the empties back to reduce the costs of filling new growlers every time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.