1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

FT: homebrew IPA ISO: homebrew sours

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by MasterCraft, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the iso:ft forum. Anyway, I recently finished a 6.5% IPA made with galaxy, citra, and simcoe (19 oz in about 3 gallons of beer), and I am really proud of it. It's easily my favorite beer I've made, smells like straight mango juice.

I'd love to get some feedback on it, as well as try someone's homebrewed sour/wild ales, so if you have a couple bottles you are proud of, maybe we can swap and give each other some constructive criticism.

2. VikeMan

VikeMan Champion (820) Pennsylvania Jul 12, 2009

You might find some takers here. But have you checked to see if there are any homebew clubs in your area? What you wrote pretty much describes what happens at a homebrew club meeting.

3. I haven't really, mostly because I'll be moving in a couple months. That said, I'm currently in the greater Boston area, and would be happy to meet up IP somewhere. I am friendly with my semi-local homebrew store owner, and have swapped bottles with him a couple times, but he doesn't mess with sours as far as I know.

4. Not trying to offend, but you are offering a beer that takes a month to make for beers that take years... You may need to sweeten your offer.

5. Agreed. It is hardly a fair offer.

6. No offense taken. I didn't really think of it like that, but you're probably right I guess. Obviously if I had a homebrewed sour ready to offer I would, but I did offer the best beer I've made, and beyond that I'm not sure how I'd sweeten my offer. It's cool though, I'll just wait a year or so til my first few are ready.