1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

FT: New Glarus Gueuze and Kriek ISO: Hill Farmstead

Discussion in 'ISO:FT (Beer Only)' started by DefenCorps, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DefenCorps

DefenCorps Advocate (605) Oregon Jan 18, 2007

These are the R&D Gueuze and R&D Bourbon Barrel Kriek

2 for 2?
    ISO:
    Birth of Tragedy
    Mimosa
    Flora
    ideas?
  2. Ideas...I don't have any of the bottles you are looking for, however, I think other than Flora you would have to do a 2 for 1 (2 bottles of R&D for 1 bottle off that list)...

Just my 2 cents...
  3. Verecund

Verecund Savant (305) Texas Aug 31, 2008

Interesting theory, CheapBeerBuzz. Now let me show you what you should have done in your situation:

4. I guess you disagree with me? Or is it just that you think I shouldn't have wasted my time with a response. I am speaking as an owner of both of the bottles FT. I have the R&D BB Kriek and the R&D Gueuze. The BB Kriek is rare but the Gueuze is not really rare. Speaking as someone who has both bottles, I would love to trade them for a bottle of Birth of T and Mimosa...anyone interested in that trade and I will throw in a bottle of R&D Golden Ale as well...

My point is I am trying to be honest with Dyan and tell him that I don't think that he will get many, if any, bites for that offer.
  5. SpdKilz

SpdKilz Advocate (700) Illinois Jan 8, 2009

Gueuze = 1,900 bottles.
    Kriek = 1,500 bottles.

400 bottles more of the Gueuze makes it not that rare? :)

And did you just hijack his ISO? lol
  6. Verecund

Verecund Savant (305) Texas Aug 31, 2008

I just don't think this is the most appropriate place for such a discussion, and I'll butt out after this post.

I appreciate the fact that you have a personal basis for your belief, but Dyan's an established and reasoanble trader (whom I've never traded with, but I've seen his posts and reviews around), and if the offer is low (which I'm not necessarily convinced of), I would prefer to just let the market work it out rather than publicly dismissing the offer as inadequate. On its face, it strikes me as not clearly unfair, and I could see someone with access to HFS wanting those bottles.
  7. Looks like it is time for me to butt out as well. I am in search of a bottle of Mimosa myself and his ISO popped up in my search so I read it. I didn't mean to high-jack his thread.

I was just under the impression that most of the Hill Farmstead bottles were more rare than that R&D bottlings. I know that my bottles state 5bbl for the Kriek and 10 bbl for the Gueuze. Not sure if they put any into kegs, but if not, my assumption would be there is double the amount of bottled Gueuze as compared to the Kriek. Also, for wine, 10 barrels = approx 2,880 bottles (750ml). If applying straight math, that would amount to 4,320 bottles of R&D Gueuze and only 2,160 bottles of Kriek. Not sure where the bottle release info came from unless all that printing is merely for show on the bottles themselves.

The gueuze is very good to excellent. Not sure about the Kriek as I only have one bottle and am saving it for a larger tasting.

Dyan, again...sorry for butting in. Since I didn't see a response from anyone else or from you, I assumed that you had no bites in nearly a month. I would personally prefer a reply of any sort to no reply at all. At least it would help me establish a value and possibly help to bump the thread as well...
  8. DefenCorps

DefenCorps Advocate (605) Oregon Jan 18, 2007

Actually, I got zero responses until you revived the thread, which is when a couple of beermails came in, so thanks :) I'm not upset or annoyed that you started a discussion here, it's just beer anyways. The bottle #s are from when the beer was released a couple of years back, predating when you joined this site. Cheers, and good luck on your search!
  9. Thanks Dyan, glad I could help on this one...if any of your BM partners are still looking for a similar trade, I am all ears...(eyes)...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.