1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

FT: Oude Geuze 50th Anniversary and Framboos, ISO: A Whale Hunter near Kalamazoo who wants em

Discussion in 'ISO:FT (Beer Only)' started by forgetfu, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forgetfu

forgetfu Savant (280) Colorado Jul 27, 2007

More specifically:

ISO: 3 liter Bell's Black Note and 3 liter Bell's The Oracle
    FT: Drie Fonteinen Oude Geuze 50th Anniversary and Drie Fonteinen Framboos

You'd have to bid and win the Bell's beers tomorrow... hopefully this would be a good tax deduction for you, though i don't pretend to be an accountant or understand how that works.

Then we'd do a straight 2 bottle for 2 bottle trade. I do have 3L shippers that could be used to make this easier.

Note, if those lambics aren't your thing, but you are interested, let's talk. I have plenty of other great beers that I could offer instead.

Thanks for looking!

2. Stigs

Stigs Advocate (595) Pennsylvania Jun 3, 2005

I'm confused...yet intrigued.

3. Jfriz25

Jfriz25 Savant (295) Wisconsin Jun 8, 2012

Bells is having a charity auction with a 3L Blacknote and 3L Oracle

4. forgetfu

5. buzze40

buzze40 Savant (310) Illinois Mar 9, 2010

so all you have to do is:
    1) want these beers more than the black note and oracle,
    2) go to the auction
    3) outbid everyone on BOTH the beers,
    4) trade beers.

Good luck.

6. forgetfu

That's fair. I can't imagine people would want 2 of the most sought after lambics in the world more than black note or the oracle. :rolleyes:

That said, point 3 is valid. I'm definitely up for working out a deal for just the Black Note. I may be up for trading for just The Oracle as well. But I'll obviously put together a hell of an offer for someone who wants to go for both of em.

7. CityofBals

CityofBals Initiate (0) Illinois Sep 12, 2012

No way those bottles are auctioned off collectively for less than 1.5k.

8. buzze40

buzze40 Savant (310) Illinois Mar 9, 2010

agree. there are some pretty $$$$thy mofos in that area and this stuff will get bid up. Need a BAer to get the results...

9. CityofBals

I wouldn't be surprised if either/or was purchased with intent to trade overseas, however.

10. forgetfu

That's a statement that I'd love to better understand. I'm offering the #14 most sought after beer from the recent white whale list (http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/the-white-whale-list-2012.57581/). Admittedly that list was for fun and not reference, but it's still a heck of a sought after beer.

While I'll be the first to admit, this might not get done due to the high cost of the auction, what in the world would someone expect to land overseas that's better? More volume of less rare whales (blabaer, hommage, etc.)? I'd be happy to talk about that instead if someone wanted to go that way.

11. CityofBals

I mean, there are only two possibilities, either the winner of the auction wants to drink, or trade the bottle. I imagine he'd get more bang for his buck trading a presumably $700+ dollar 3L overseas where they see zero Bell's distro, rather than to a Chicagoan, for example. That was all I was saying.

As far as things that one could land overseas that they couldn't find here? Nothing really... But, like I said, there is more incentive to trade overseas because their perception of the worth of the bottle will be inherently greater, like how American's are with Lambic.

12. JohnB87

JohnB87 Savant (325) Michigan Mar 14, 2011

I just made this thread my homepage on my phone so I can laugh everytime I open it. This surely can't be serious....

13. raymo55

raymo55 Savant (475) Michigan Oct 3, 2011

14. Jose2412

Jose2412 Aficionado (240) Michigan Feb 25, 2012

Sounds like the Black Note went for $500. Not sure what the Oracle went for...

15. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

$240

16. JohnB87

JohnB87 Savant (325) Michigan Mar 14, 2011

So did this trade for two one-of-a-kind bottles ever happen? $740 seems about fair for two bottles of Drie Fonteinen....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.