Fullsteam and Cackalacky aim to go nationwide with a new brew

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by winbassett, Jan 2, 2013.

1. I'm not a big fan of ginger, but I'd definitely love to give this brew a try. I'm also not a fan of figs, but most beers that I've tried with a figgy component, including Fruitcake, have been enjoyable...maybe my palate is broadening just a wee bit in my old age, lol. I can't recall what brews Fullsteam is bringing to the RRBF, but don't suppose this is one of them??

2. peetoteeto

peetoteeto Savant (325) North Carolina Sep 30, 2002 Verified

I'll check with the RRBF organizers, but I recall that they didn't want the event to be a venue for new product releases (which this would be).

The whole "national" thing is funny/interesting. When asked, I certainly didn't deny that we'd love to see our brewery expand (just as NC is seeing an influx of out-of-state-now-NC breweries), but it wasn't the lede. We're quite a ways away from national expansion!

Uwftke26 and winbassett like this.
  3. Handle

Handle Savant (415) North Carolina Mar 16, 2009

I was wondering what they were getting at with all that national talk. At any rate, I'd love to see it in Charlotte!

Uwftke26 and winbassett like this.
  4. fehrminator

fehrminator Advocate (570) North Carolina Jan 26, 2008 Beer Trader

Haven't had a Left Hand Juju Ginger in quite a while but I love Westbrook White Thai. I'd be curious to give this a shot. It just seems a bit odd to me that a ginger pale ale is being projected as having massive growth potential. The article makes it sound like Fullsteam is hitching their wagon to a star here. I'd suggest more modest expectations. Hell, I'd be happy just to have another good local.

5. peetoteeto

Believe me, with our brewing system -- and even our planned upgrades -- we're pretty modest with our near-term expectations. Incidentally, we'll be also offering Rocket Science IPA in cans as well, restricting IPA sales to North Carolina only.

We will likely start off with a mobile canning service, moving toward a canning machine in a year or so.

winbassett and Handle like this.
  6. brstls4drmrs

brstls4drmrs Advocate (580) North Carolina Jan 30, 2011 Beer Trader

Would this be similar to a soda machine? If so, I'd like to buy one for my house. ;)

7. chefkevlar

chefkevlar Savant (460) South Carolina Apr 17, 2010 Beer Trader

Had the rocket Ipa on NYE. Very tasty and I would love to see it on cans.

8. VncentLIFE

VncentLIFE Champion (805) North Carolina Feb 16, 2011 Verified

wait, cans?! Awesome Sean!

now just can Working Man's so I can show people in OH its awesomeness.

benjaminahudson likes this.
  9. sean who is doing a mobile canning service in NC? or are they a gypsy canning service?;)

10. peetoteeto