1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Funkwerks: No growlers? No Big Deal

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by denver10, Oct 27, 2012.

1. denver10

denver10 Champion (890) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

Looks like, other than their special weekly kegs, most anything they have on tap is now bottled and available as a tap room only purchase. I guess a little more costly than what a growler fill would cost but we at least have the option of taking home their small batch/pilot batch releases. Definitely a compromise I can get down with. Also, I am not sure if its every beer or just most though. Would love to take home some Monarch, Ron Burgundy, and/or their Belgian IPA...so I am very interested in seeing if these beers get bottled next time they get brewed up and released. I'd guess the Belgian IPA will, less sure about the Monarch and Burgundy as they are barrel aged and probably smaller batches overall? That's, of course, assuming they are brewed again and weren't just one and dones.

2. alexipa

alexipa Savant (410) Colorado Oct 7, 2011

I'd love to be able to grab a bottle of Burgundy. There's no way it will be the standard $10/bottle if they even do bottle it, though.

Still cool!

3. denver10

Yeah, I agree, it would definitely cost more than $10. Most of the small batch/pilot bottles seem to be starting at $12. These aren't barrel aged either so I'd imagine a Ron Burgundy bottle would be most similarly priced to their Cherry Saison bottles which were around $15.

I'd still spend the money for it. And I do appreciate at least now having such an option.

4. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poobah (1,030) Colorado May 19, 2005

"anything they have on tap is now bottled"
    "I am not sure if its every beer or just most though"

Why do you tease? :cool:

denver10 likes this.
  5. denver10

My apologies.

Fixed.