1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $14.99 (US/print only). Offer ends April 30. Subscribe now! (Because great beer deserves great stories AND readers.)

Funky Buddha bottles

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by BarrytheBear, May 30, 2012.

1. Evening All,
    I know the was a semi-recent thread from the brewery that discussed bottles floating around. Can anyone shed some light on how well these hold up? For how long? I know styles mary vary widely, but any insight would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    B

2. I was under the impression that they did not bottle and did not fill growlers, was it a special growler fill event or something, or am I just mistaken ?

3. From my understanding I think they plan to eventually have a few beers bottled through a 3rd party and I know I've heard rumblings that they plan on expanding to being an actual production brewery and not a brew pub, but that's all second hand knowledge.

4. polisanl

polisanl Savant (285) Florida Aug 6, 2010

Limited bottle releases are done for imperial club members every few months or so. The last official release of a bottled beer (passionfruit and raspberry berliners) was in the beginning of the year.

Occassionally they do a handful of bottles for special friends of the brewery. There was a bottle or two of Last Snow and Bonita Applebum floating around, a month or so ago.

I would contact the brewery to confirm a release of a bottle before trading for any Funky Buddha beer, being that people sometimes fill their own growlers with glasses of stuff they order on tap. Oxidation and/or carbonation issues sometimes come with that.

No growlers are being done at this time.

5. cpinto6

cpinto6 Savant (365) Georgia Feb 25, 2010

Also people might wanna check when the bottle they're getting was bottled because all these bottles are done by hand and aren't really intended to spend a year in someone's cellar. If you get one of these and taste a crappy beer when you open it, the fault is yours and not the brewer's.

MikeMoriendi likes this.