Funky Buddha to Release Nib Smuggler Chocolate Milk Porter on March 6

Discussion in 'South Atlantic' started by Todd, Feb 19, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd

Todd Founder (13,254) Aug 23, 1996 Finland
    Staff Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Funky-Buddha-Release-Nib-Smuggler-Chocolate-Milk-Porter.jpg

We're proud to announce that Nib Smuggler will be our next beer landing in bottles! Our sinfully delectable Chocolate Milk Porter is arriving on Thursday, March 6 in a limited run of 22 oz. bottles. This run of 700 will be sold exclusively at the brewery beginning at 6pm. There will be a one bottle per person limit*; bottles will cost $12.

To honor Nib Smuggler's release, we will be tapping some other special beers (including the latest batch of Nib Smuggler) in the tap room. You will also be able to drink Nib Smuggler on draft at bars and restaurants throughout South Florida beginning in late February.

Food trucks for that night:

Best French Fries (BFF): Hand-cut frittes with custom sauces.

Batter Co.: Cupcakes, espresso, and other sweet delights to pair!

Frankie Dogs: Our favorite vegan and gourmet beef hot dogs.

See you at the brewery on March 6!

*Note: Bottles will be limit 1 per person from 6-9pm. After 9pm, any bottles remaining will be sold first-come, first-served.

###

2. jcb7472

jcb7472 Initiate (0) Jul 13, 2011 Florida

We've had a thread on this board since they first announced the bottle release about 2 weeks ago. The only new news is the food truck lineup. I am interested to see which "special beers" they will be tapping, although I'll be there regardless. Nib Smuggler is not my favorite of theirs but it is tasty and I'm just glad they are bottling something else.

By the way, I hear that Last Snow will be bottled sometime this year but they are waiting to get some new equipment installed first. If they were to bottle Last Snow right now 700 bottles would not be enough and they want to do a bigger bottle release for Last Snow along the lines of what they did for MBCP (3,000 bottles) because they know the demand will be huge.

jmm380 and pieman396 like this.
  3. SILVER

SILVER Zealot (644) Jan 3, 2007 Florida

I hear you, jcb, on that Last Snow.

4. Beerly-Departed

Beerly-Departed Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2013 Florida

For MBCP Day we asked "what's for breakfast". Would be cool to see something special for Nib Smuggler and ask "what's for dinner"!!! Can I get greedy and beg for Snow Day?

5. TequilaSauer

TequilaSauer Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2006 Florida

Looking forward to this. I'm glad this is going to be a smaller release. MBCP was nuts.

If I could see a bottle release of any one Buddha beer right now, it'd be the Passion fruit Berliner.

6. BigGene

BigGene Initiate (0) Oct 30, 2010 Florida

Wow one of the Bro's actually posted something about a FL brewery. WOW just WOW.

SILVER and HopsJunkiedotcom like this.
  7. RaggaD

RaggaD Initiate (0) Jun 29, 2013 Florida

Will be there for sure. Hoping they tap some deliciousness for this one!

8. TequilaSauer

I saw you're ISO for some Darkness. If they do a bottleshare at this one, I'll bring a bottle for the group. I'm waiting to hear back from them on an answer.

RaggaD likes this.
  9. RaggaD

Nice one sir! Would be great if they allowed a little share beforehand. I get off work at 4:30 so I should be there around 5 and will definitely bring something tasty to share!

10. jcb7472

In this article they said Funky Buddha will have a barrel-aged Nib Smuggler on tap, and also the "What's For Breakfast"/French Toast Brown Ale. I have to say the French Toast was amazingly good when I tried it at the MBCP event.

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/c...tling_of_a_fan_favorite_nib_smuggler.php#more

11. jcb7472

From FB Facebook:

We'll also have on tap: Randy's Whiskey Barrel-Aged Old Fashioned, What's for Breakfast French Toast Brown Ale, and of course, Nib Smuggler!

12. fritts211

fritts211 Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2011 Tennessee

HOLYSHITI'MACTUALLYGOINGTOBETHEREFORTHISWITHMULEZFUCKYEAH!!!!!

Oh, Er, I mean, I am quite enthused at the fortuitous timing that finds my wife and I being able to attend such a wonderful event. Cheerio and all.

Bonesaw316, SILVER and velcrogrip like this.
  13. jivex5k

jivex5k Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2011 Florida

I wonder what the attendance will be like. I mean, there's at least Fritts coming from TN, wonder how many other out of staters will show up.

I'd better get there at 5 just in case...

14. fritts211

fritts211 Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2011 Tennessee

I'm arriving with a horde of Tennessee beer pirates, so you might want to take the day off of work, lest you miss out. :wink:

Really, it just happens to be luck of the draw my wife and I will be in Fort Lauderdale on that day. I wouldn't worry too much about all of us pesky damn out-of-staters.

jivex5k likes this.
  15. RaggaD

Even with a bunch of people in Tampa for beer week my guess this will still get pretty jammed up. Heck the line last week for the No Crusts growler was ridiculous in itself.

16. cacostaj

cacostaj Initiate (0) Feb 15, 2013 Florida

I've been wondering how they are going to handle this release. A 300-400+ people line snaking inside the taproom just doesn't seem like a good idea to me. I am hoping they do this outside, set up a tent and do something similar to the MBCP release. Obviously if you're a Founders member you don't have to worry about lines since you're guaranteed a bottle regardless. Should be a fun time as a warm up for Peg's event on friday

17. TequilaSauer

I'm bringing a mule, but due to work, she can't really get there till like 7. I have a bottle through my membership, but I really want to get a second. And I have no idea how crazy this is going to be. All of the big releases so far have been much bigger than I thought they'd be.

18. jcb7472

For the MBCP release, I arrived at 11:30 AM and waited in line about 20 minutes to purchase and get my wristbands for 2 bottles, then picked them up after only a 5 minute wait later at 3 pm.

For the 2nd MBCP release (1 bottle only), which they also did at 6 pm on a weekday, I got there at 5:35 and waited in line for about 40 minutes. It wasn't bad though, because we were inside in the A/C and they came around the line taking beer orders, so I sipped an Imperial Stout while waiting in line.

I don't know if they are planning to set up outside for this one or not. I'm planning to get there 5:30 ish again and hopefully the line is not too crazy. If the line and wait is just ridiculous, I may just hang out and drink a Nib Smuggler or 2 and not worry about getting a bottle. They have it on tap more frequently than MBCP, Last Snow, and some of their more coveted beer. Even ABC on Federal had Nib Smuggler on growler a few days ago (not sure if they still do). I guess if you are planning to trade it, then maybe it's worth the wait?

19. TequilaSauer

It's for friends I trade with in other states. I don't even necessarily care too much about what they send me, I know they'll make good, I just want to get bottles for them because they're good guys.

I had some of the batch that was at the Sybarite Pig and it was very good. Probably the best Nib Smuggler batch the brewery itself has done.

20. jivex5k

jivex5k Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2011 Florida

You can go to Oakland Park ABC right now and get growler of Nib if they still have it there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.