Funky Buddha

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by AlienSwineFlu, Apr 30, 2014.

1. AlienSwineFlu

AlienSwineFlu Savant (460) Ohio Dec 14, 2012

Not finding much through my own means here; what does it typically take to trade for their beers? I see none of them have many ratings, so I don't even know if they have year-round beers or how much they bottle. What does it normally take?

Someone blessed me with some Last Snow at DLD and now I'm hooked.

2. Only MBCP, Nib Smuggler, and now More Moro have been released in bottles. The rest of their stuff is growler only. They have a growler list on their site, but special releases like Last Snow are only done occasionally.

http://funkybuddhabrewery.com/our-beers/whats-growlers

3. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I usually seem to be for some unfortunate reason, but I was at the Nub Smuggler release and I seem to remember them saying 700 bottles but someone may chime in and correct me.

4. chardlogic

chardlogic Savant (325) Florida Feb 18, 2011

Nib Smuggler was 700, More Moro was around 1200, and MBCP was 3000.

5. AlienSwineFlu

Thanks for the replies. Would trading local limited growlers like Bodhi DIPA be fair?

6. I traded my Nib Smugglers for Parabolas. Not sure how most people value those beers.

7. cacostaj

cacostaj Savant (255) Florida Feb 15, 2013

Most likely you won't be able to pull most FB offerings (special growlers or bottles) with the Bodhi, unless you find somebody that really wants to try it. A growler of Last Snow for example, which gets released maybe 2-3x a year, has pulled King Sue, Prop+, Baller Stout, multiple Loons, SP saisons, GM, Choc Rain, just to give you some examples. Obviously it depends on how bad someone wants it, but I've gotten some pretty crazy offers for it. MBCP is trading high right now. Shortly after the release it wasn't that tough to get one, but it's become increasingly harder to acquire. Nib Smuggler shouldn't be that hard to get although at this point there aren't relatively that many bottles out there. The recently released More Moro blood orange IPA should definitely be obtainable. Just put out an ISO with a list of some good locals and you might get a bite. I think the key here is to get a trading partner in the area who goes to the bottle/growler releases or offer up similar limited/brewery only releases

BlumBeer likes this.
  8. AlienSwineFlu

When they do those special releases, how long does it normally last on top? I have a friend about ten minutes from the brewery... would he be able to get growler fills for me the next day or does it tap within minutes? Thanks!

9. BlumBeer

BlumBeer Savant (300) Florida May 17, 2012

When they did last snow fill it was 120 growlers filled and their was a line almost 2 hours before they started..they start filling at 7 and i was about # 35 in line at 5:30 if that helps you get an idea...the beers are amazingly good, but they have also developed a scary cult-like following down here that doesnt help for the people trying to get multiples of special releases...

10. chardlogic

chardlogic Savant (325) Florida Feb 18, 2011

The first Last Snow I picked up last year pulled in a V011. Pluses on both sides of the trade, but that was the heart of it.

BlumBeer likes this.
  11. AlienSwineFlu

Dear God.

BlumBeer likes this.
  12. Look on the calendar on their webpage (it lists the releases ahead of time) and follow them on Facebook as supposedly they always announce limited growler releases and the bottle releases there. Although they have only bottled three beers as of now it sounded like they were getting a better bottling line and will be bottling beer more frequently in the future. Not sure how long they meant but it sounded like it would be six months or so if I had to take a guess from what they told me.