1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Funky Buddha

Discussion in 'Beer Trading General / Help' started by MasterCraft, Jan 17, 2013.

1. MasterCraft

MasterCraft Member

How hard is it to trade for Funky Buddha bottles? Any specific examples of what you've seen given up would be awesome.
  2. landhoney

landhoney Member

It's difficult because they are small (currently at least, expansion is in progress) and rarely do bottle/growler releases. The last 'official' one was for their anniversary at the end of September and just for Imperial Snifter members. I got two bottles (12 ounce) and combined them with a few other rare-ish bottles to acquire a rare 'loon. Hope that helps.
  3. Photekut

Photekut Member

Seems like the going rate is walez unfortunately.

I have not been able to aquire one yet in any form.
  4. BarrytheBear

BarrytheBear Member

Though part of a bigger trade, I traded an Upland lambic and Dark Lord for a bottle of Last Snow.
  5. codysjb

codysjb Member

Funky Buddha made some very limited, hand bottled bottles that were basically give out to locals/friends but not really a "real" release as I understand it. Having said that, the owner is expanding a bit and I believe he mentioned just acquiring a bottling line when I saw him in Tallahassee a few months ago. Wait a few months or e-mail the lounge and you may have a better chance at finding out when more bottles are being released... the'll soon be back and in greater numbers.
  6. MasterCraft

MasterCraft Member

Damn, thanks for the info guys. I knew bottles were occasional and for locals/members only, but it probably is easier to just wait for the expansion.
  7. MasterCraft

MasterCraft Member

Worth it?
  8. dblab33

dblab33 Member

I don't like coconut and thought Last Snow was amazing. Nowhere near the greatness that is Bonita Applebaum, but it was really fucking good.
  9. BarrytheBear

BarrytheBear Member

We found it very good and quite unique....so, yes;)
    MasterCraft likes this.
  10. jmarsh123

jmarsh123 Member

What does it take to get the Berliners? Every time someone posts and I respond with what they are asking, I get no reply.