1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Funky Buddha

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by MasterCraft, Jan 17, 2013.

1. How hard is it to trade for Funky Buddha bottles? Any specific examples of what you've seen given up would be awesome.
  2. landhoney

landhoney Savant (300) Florida Apr 19, 2007

It's difficult because they are small (currently at least, expansion is in progress) and rarely do bottle/growler releases. The last 'official' one was for their anniversary at the end of September and just for Imperial Snifter members. I got two bottles (12 ounce) and combined them with a few other rare-ish bottles to acquire a rare 'loon. Hope that helps.
  3. Photekut

Photekut Initiate (0) Tennessee Mar 31, 2006

Seems like the going rate is walez unfortunately.

I have not been able to aquire one yet in any form.
  4. Though part of a bigger trade, I traded an Upland lambic and Dark Lord for a bottle of Last Snow.
  5. codysjb

codysjb Savant (390) Florida Jun 16, 2010

Funky Buddha made some very limited, hand bottled bottles that were basically give out to locals/friends but not really a "real" release as I understand it. Having said that, the owner is expanding a bit and I believe he mentioned just acquiring a bottling line when I saw him in Tallahassee a few months ago. Wait a few months or e-mail the lounge and you may have a better chance at finding out when more bottles are being released... the'll soon be back and in greater numbers.
  6. Damn, thanks for the info guys. I knew bottles were occasional and for locals/members only, but it probably is easier to just wait for the expansion.
  7. Worth it?
  8. dblab33

dblab33 Savant (320) Michigan Dec 9, 2011

I don't like coconut and thought Last Snow was amazing. Nowhere near the greatness that is Bonita Applebaum, but it was really fucking good.
  9. We found it very good and quite unique....so, yes;)
    MasterCraft likes this.
  10. jmarsh123

jmarsh123 Advocate (535) Indiana Mar 31, 2010

What does it take to get the Berliners? Every time someone posts and I respond with what they are asking, I get no reply.