1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Funniest/Weirdest Unsolicited Trade Offer

Discussion in 'Beer Trading General / Help' started by JRod1969, Dec 26, 2012.

1. JRod1969

JRod1969 Member

OK, so I just had to share this BM with someone and had no idea where to stick it, so let's have a thread with BAs listing funny offers they received (lowballs, etc.).

Anyway, out of nowhere I got this super late last night...

It just says so much with so little (kind of like that supposed Hemingway short story of six words - "For sale: baby shoes, never worn."). Immediate thoughts...

Heady Topper or Imperial Stout Trooper?
    Hillstead Farm, pure comedy.
    Heady isn't even made by HF.
    And none of HT, IST or HF are just come across unless you live in very specific areas of VT or CT.
    JulianB likes this.
  2. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Member

So....you haven't come across any?

In all seriousness, I found humor in this.

I did solicit a guy about what he wanted for a 6er of Zombie Dust recently and he responded he was only interested in a RR Beatification though and tried playing it like I was winning the trade if I did it with him.
  3. CityofBals

CityofBals Member

Little did he know YOU are the one who wins trades.
    Johnnyramirez likes this.
  4. minnesotaryan

minnesotaryan Member

not on BA, but saw someone on twitter looking for a surly five over the summer, reached out to him to be nice and helpful and he offered me a brau brothers rye wyne, which was still on the shelf and cost way less, I asked about other things he'd be willing to trade and he wouldn't budge.
  5. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Member

At some point in my BA career I will trade a SF Giants World Series champs Bud Light Tallboy for some Cantillon.
    KevSal and brother_kenneth like this.
  6. maximum12

maximum12 Member

One word: fyrecrakker88. Or whatever the hell that lengendary bad trader's handle was.

He pinged me about a Darkness trade a couple years back in a tone that didn't instill a great deal of confidence. I politely turned him down, & he responded with a bizarre poem/rap tirade that I really wish I'd kept.

I know he was a bad trader, but pretty sure the guy had some mental stability issues.
    Smurf2055 and Levitation like this.
  7. CityofBals

CityofBals Member

I also like to publicly embarrass potentially mentally unstable people because it is funny.
  8. DSlim71

DSlim71 Member

I wish I still had the convo, but I believe it was before the switchover. I randomly get a message asking about the Abyss listed on my gots. The trader, who's name escapes me, starts talking about how Abyss is his favorite beer and would love to be able to land a bottle. In return, he'll send me some of his homebrewed 10% Tripel. He goes on to describe it as a highly attenuated, true to style Tripel that his friends say is the best they've ever had. Even with that glowing compliment from his friends, I decided to pass on the offer.
    HopsJunkiedotcom likes this.
  9. maximum12

maximum12 Member

Rempo, exitmusic00, tewaris and 2 others like this.
  10. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Member

I once was offered Piapt and 2009 BT for Rare.

(I said no)
    claaark13 and Duff27 like this.
  11. CityofBals

CityofBals Member

12. tronto

tronto Member

whenever the "old" joke of rare being on the shelves in KY comes up in a thread there's always a noob or two that send me a message, "can you pick me up a rare". Damn you kzoobrew.
  13. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Member

It wasn't a joke, auroracrisis was saying that for months/years. I thought I finally put it to rest earlier this year, but I guess the meme sticks around....
    Gosox8787, tronto and CityofBals like this.
  14. bauermj

bauermj Member

Well, in my experience it was 'I would love to try the King Henry but I haven't been able to find it. I have a wonderful Belgian Tripel homebrew to trade that I'm really proud of. It's true to style, really effervescent, fully attenuated at 7.8% and delicious. Interested in a trade? Thanks'

thanks gmail for archiving
    Gosox8787 and DSlim71 like this.
  15. DSlim71

DSlim71 Member

That's great! I'm surprised he didn't bring up his friends when going after the King!
  16. Duffman929

Duffman929 Member

At least you can fall back on knowing that it is a great idea to drink booze on stimulants.....unlike those crazies taking haldol.
    CityofBals likes this.
  17. JM03

JM03 Member

That is funny. I have also spoken to this person. I forget now what he wanted from me, but I was offered his tripel that is the best tripel that him and his friends have ever tasted.
    DSlim71 likes this.
  18. lucas1801

lucas1801 Member

I posted in LNBA one night I was drinking a home brewed Falls Bounty Cyser, which led to multiple trade offers. I actually completed 2 of those trades though they grew to include other beers as well. Another time I joked about not extraing an SA Infinium for fear of being submitted to the bad traders list, I got a BM from someone who wanted it so we agreed on a trade where it was a known extra.
  19. cavedave

cavedave Member

I was offered a trade for a Mama Mia Pizza beer in an unsolicited trade offer that I still have no idea why it was offered, and can't remember what the beer was that was wanted in return.
    DSlim71 likes this.
  20. chase2634

chase2634 Member

I recently posted something about Weyerbacher Idiot's Drool and was solicited to trade it. Now if I could only get those replies for MY SA Infinium's...
  21. ggfunk

ggfunk Member

Umm. I guess this counts?

Hello Dear,

With Respect,

Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you.

I know this mail may come to you as a surprise, since we have not known or written before.

Afer you receive this mail kindly contact me on my private Email contact below.

introducing myself, I am Princess Sameera Michel Assemien Kassi the Only Daughter of late Chief Michel Assemien Kassi, I was a princess to him and I am the only person who can take care of his wealth.

My father, He was a royal highness in my community town citizen titled him over 16 years before his death, and also economic operator, director (Manager) Company (Society) late Chief Michel Assemien Kassi. he was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their business trips recetly and my mother was died on my tender Age I don’t even know her.

Before the death of my late father, He called me on his bedside and told me that he has a sum of $5.650,000.00 USD ( Five Million, six Hundred and Fifty Thousand US Dollars ) in a financial Bank here. deposited in one of the prime bank here in Abidjan ivory coast, that he used my name for the next of kin in depositing of the fund.

I will need your assistance as follows:
    1) To assist me in retriving this money from the bank.
    2) To serve as the guardian of this fund.
    3) To make arrangement for me to come over to your country
    to further my education and to secure a residential permit in your country.

Moreover, I am willing to offer you 15% of the total sum as compensation for your effort/input after the successful transfer of this fund to your nominated account overseas.

For more details reply to my private email box below: ( [email protected] )
    Anticipating to hear from you soon.

Awaiting your urgent reply.

Regards,
    Princess Sameera Michel Assemien Kassi
    Note: please reply to my private e-mail box below: ( [email protected] )
  22. lucas1801

lucas1801 Member

He doesn't count the use of dollars instead of KH units should have been a dead giveaway.
    chase2634 likes this.
  23. KevSal

KevSal Member

I don't have anyone messaging me about anything strange but a few months ago I brewed a killer triple, true to style, it impressed my friends so much I used it as trade bait to reel in some beers I've always wanted to try.

Thinking about brewin another batch but it was a one in a lifetime thing.
    oteixeira, Rempo, Gosox8787 and 3 others like this.
  24. oteixeira

oteixeira Member

Dude, I make average to shitty home brew, I need to go offer some up as the nectar of the Gods and get me some BC Rare! ;-)
  25. SpeedwayJim

SpeedwayJim Member

You replied with your SS#, bank accounts and other personal information right? I mean it was 5 MILLION DOLLARS!!
    AgentZero and oldp0rt like this.
  26. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Member

Anyone else craving an effervescent, true to style tripel?
    MordorMongo and Gosox8787 like this.
  27. GraniteSkunk

GraniteSkunk Member

I was supposed to trade three dollars and a picture of a cat for a Pipeworks Blue Lady this past weekend, but we couldn't get together.
    luwak likes this.