1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Funny things your BMC friends say when given craft.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by nquigley16, Dec 29, 2012.

1. semibaked

semibaked Advocate (685) Kentucky Mar 27, 2007

Also had a customer recently tell me that De Struise's Pannepot Grand Reserva 2008 (on Draft) tasted like Tequilla, lol.

2. "This taste like big foot's dick"

dcloeren, CTJman, MisterGrizz and 2 others like this.
  3. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012

Bravo!

4. Had a few friends try a Fore Smoked Stout. One actually liked it and said it tastes like burnt bacon ( He's the one who typically enjoys any beer given to him ) Had another one say it tasted like somebody puked up Guinness, filtered out the chunks and put it into the bottle ( He's the one who only drinks Bud Light Lime, Or a six-pack of Two Hearted over the course of a month when he's feeling brave ). The third thought it tasted like, and I quote " Licking the inside of Howard Stern's asshole and eating his dingleberries ".

TRFD803 likes this.
  5. ESeab

ESeab Advocate (505) New Jersey Jan 3, 2013

I just gave my friend a small pour of Parabola 2011 and told him to sip it. He took a sip, let it sit in his mouth, then made the nastiest face Ive seen in a while. "This tastes like donkey piss. I'll take a corona or coors light any day." I've been laughing all night.

6. Can I get a water also

regularjohn likes this.
  7. Split a Zombie Dust with my dad... "holy wah... this tastes like stomach bile! I wish I could get in to this stuff with you but I just can't!"

A few days later split a BBPt5 with my uncle "Oh yeah Eddie... this is good stuff..." as his mouth is watering and his face shows clear disgust. Guess you can't blame the two for trying to show interest anyways!

8. i gave my buddy a founders porter and he told me it taste like guiness. my beer spewed out my nose in laughter. plz man stop! hahaha o_O

9. Kikodamian

Kikodamian Zealot (90) Florida Feb 9, 2013

I'm new to BA and the craft beer world but the one time I brought a mix-six to a party instead of drinking the bud light keg people looked at me like I was snooty. The next time we had a get together, people immediately pegged me as the guy that drinks, and I quote, "Weird fancy beers". How the hell is Redhook fancy?

BeerKangaroo likes this.
  10. KelsoSaaz

KelsoSaaz Savant (255) Maine Jan 24, 2013

I was at a college bar with a good bottle selection and Old Rasputin was their weekly special. I order one and the (slightly inebriated) friend next to me says "i'll have what he's having". I warn her saying she probably wont like it, as she is holding a Coors Light and I tell her it's a lot different than what she's drinking, she replies "beer is beer". We get the Rasputins, and she takes one sip and nearly vomits, then says "thats the worst beer i've ever tasted, it's like dirt" and gives hers to me, which I then hand off to another friend of mine who drinks craft.

dieBlume, regularjohn and darky like this.
  11. Ranbot

Ranbot Advocate (535) Pennsylvania Nov 27, 2006

On two occassions different people have told me a craft beer tastes like dirty feet, and for completely different beers. One time was Victory's Golden Monkey and the other time was some IPA I can't remember.

12. RyFikes

RyFikes Savant (290) New York Jan 3, 2013

There is a ladder that has to be climbed when getting into craft beer. Your palate needs to develop and refine in order to appreciate great beers; just like wine, whiskey, or vegetables. Price is another barrier that people struggle to get through. "Why would I get 6 beers when I can get 12 for the same price?"

These people can't be blamed for their sad, sad ignorance. What we can do is start them at the bottom of the ladder with Belgian whites, wheat beers, and saisons. Throwing an IPA or Imperial stout at someone who has never had one is asking for trouble.

13. RyFikes

RyFikes Savant (290) New York Jan 3, 2013

Drinking Golden Money is like having large breast on your face. . . It's great.

MisterGrizz and craigo19 like this.
  14. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Advocate (540) Michigan Dec 16, 2011

Or for hilarious results.

darky likes this.
  15. BMitch

BMitch Aficionado (235) Virginia Jul 10, 2012

I've probably heard that one the most. They usually understand better when I dumb-it-down that the beer I'm drinking is typically a good deal stronger abv-wise than their BMC (ie "one of these is equal to two Bud Lights"). All of a sudden their tone changes a bit, lol.

Smokebox_79 and ESeab like this.
  16. I like how ~half of these are 'Your beer is too bitter/dark for me to handle' and the other ~half are 'You drink sissy beer.' o_O

17. Yep. See that all the time around here.

18. "I am the master of my own destiny. Please leave me to it, and you worry about your own beer"

/truer words have never been spoken
    //these threads are the worst

teal and ESeab like this.
  19. jds8411

jds8411 Savant (465) California Oct 12, 2008

My mom isn't really a beer drinker but she likes to taste the beers I drink. I just gave her a taste of a Ranger IPA from New Belgium and her exact words were, "Fuck! This tastes like fucking horse piss!"

20. "I like that; it's really good. But I just want a PBR right now."

21. I think some IPA does taste spicy. Victory Hop Devil comes to mind first.

Enjoy

22. I recently went to the local sports bar with my Bud Light Lime loving best friend to watch the Michigan State men's basketball game. I was enjoying a nice pint of Hopslam and he ordered a Corona Light, as is typical of him in these types of places. Shortly after, A few ladies come in and just so happen to sit next to him at the bar. He instantly engages them in conversation ( He chases tail everywhere he goes, And he fails 99.9% of the time ). One of the girls noticed my Hopslam and asked what it was, So I told her. My friend then commences his bullshitting. He tells her " Yeah, the only time I drink Corona is when I'm washing my mouth out in between craft beer ". She then goes on to ask what a craft beer is. He replies, And I quote " Breweries like Bell's, Funders, Lagnitas, ". Yeah that's right, He can't even say the names of the breweries right. Anyway, He chugs down his Corona and in what I'm assuming is an attempt to impress these ladies, Orders a Hopslam. As soon as the pint is sat down in front of him he takes a large gulp. The look on his face was absolutely priceless. He looked as though it was about to start crying, But he also looked as though the beer was sour. He quickly fixed his face and said " Damn that's a good beer ". I ended up drinking the rest of the pint for him.

dieBlume, fmccormi, dcloeren and 10 others like this.
  23. bsp77

bsp77 Savant (490) Minnesota Apr 27, 2008

There must be a lot more people out there that drink horse piss, sweaty assholes, dingleberries, and dirty feet than I realized. Given my limited experience drinking these things, I would be hard pressed to describe beer that way.

24. Zhiguli

Zhiguli Savant (295) California Jul 12, 2012

My dad earnestly asked me if Torpedo is a beer. Called me confused. Drainpour

25. Zhiguli

Zhiguli Savant (295) California Jul 12, 2012

u
    You have succeeded as a father

4balance, JulianB and clubarsky91 like this.
  26. darky

darky Savant (260) South Dakota Apr 16, 2010

My best friend and I were at a little european-style bar with limited taps and bottles and I had just ordered a Guinness. A random guy came up to the bar to order this Budweiser and commented, "Enjoying your ice cream?", referring to the ample head. I chuckled as he went on about "Isn't that too thick/heavy/etc?" and I proceeded to explain to him how my Guinness would likely float on top of his beer in a glass. He actually listened and seemed interested.

27. Typical answers from my AB-INBEV drinking friends...

"No thanks, i don't want to ruin the flavor of my bud light"
    "I don't like dark beers... they're to heavy."
    "I don't like anything that's not made by Budweiser."

dieBlume likes this.
  28. "No I don't drink that foofy stuff."

29. arfenhouse

arfenhouse Savant (285) California Oct 29, 2012

"Tastes like an IPA."
    Is actually green flash double stout.

clintonpuckett and KevSal like this.
  30. Took a friend of mine to KTG day a few years back. He said it tastes like chocolate syrup beer. He refers to any stout as such now.

31. "This tastes like Sam Adams"

32. Cinephile

Cinephile Aficionado (115) Michigan Sep 25, 2012

"This is too hoppy"... Oh yeah? That gruit that I just gave you?

33. My family says the same thing too me. I always crack a bottle of surly darkness during Christmas and my uncle always asks me how the "motor oil" tastes.

EyePeeAyBryan likes this.
  34. Jimjohson

Jimjohson Zealot (80) Georgia Dec 26, 2012

Budweiser Miller Coors

35. One of my brother's buddies tried my surly furious once and told me it tasted like bong water. I couldn't help myself, i had too make a smartass comment about his bud light.

36. "I don't like beer I have to chew."

LynnHomeBrewer likes this.
  37. "Have you had the Bud Light Lime-A-Rita?! That stuff will **** you up, it's freaking 8%!!!"

EyePeeAyBryan likes this.
  38. "Why would you want your beer to be bitter?"

39. dagmer

dagmer Aficionado (115) Illinois Feb 27, 2012

One friend refers to any hoppy beer negatively as Lychee beer. Another friend thinks they all taste like....coffee!?? I don't get the coffee one, but i can understand the Lychee comment.

40. " Tastes like beef ramen noodles and tomato soup! This is fucking terrible! Where the hell did my Bud Light Lime go? "

My friend when given a drink of my Trois Pistoles.