1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Funny things your BMC friends say when given craft.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by nquigley16, Dec 29, 2012.

1. dianimal

dianimal Advocate (530) California Apr 18, 2012

These are funny.
    Someone grabbed a Palate Wrecker from me and after one sip yelled out "oh gross what the hell is this?"

jglowe77, jrnyc and luwak like this.
  2. Bonis

Bonis Savant (410) Ohio Jul 28, 2010

Was at a bar with a craft drinking buddy and met up with one of his BMC friends. We ordered a bomber of Pumking, let the BMC friend try it and he said... "This doesn't taste like beer"... "I hate dark beers but this is pretty good"

Hard to believe some people think anything other than the yellow fizzy stuff is dark. Couldn't imagine what he'd say if I handed him a stout.

luwak likes this.
  3. je1129

je1129 Aficionado (230) Iowa Feb 22, 2011

Can't remember where this is from I might have read it or saw it in a movie..
    "If I want flavor with my beer I'll order a f***ing steak."

4. MSEGUIN

MSEGUIN Savant (435) Michigan Apr 6, 2011

"Is this tripled hopped?"

RStang13, darky, corbenlee and 2 others like this.
  5. Arodnum1

Arodnum1 Disciple (60) May 14, 2012

Friend tried a Stone Ruination IPA, took a sip and stated very clearly "This is way too sour"
    I am still scratching my head...

6. mdwalsh

mdwalsh Savant (460) Iowa Feb 1, 2009

So I've had a few instances in the last few months that made me come close to pulling out my hair. First, a friend was making chilli and used a half bottle of BCBS that was about 2 years old, kept in the fridge the whole time...buy that isn't the painful part. She took a sip, thought it was gross, and drainpoured it, all about 30 seconds before I walked in the door.

Then, another friend just last weekend was telling me how horrible it was at his brothers house over Christmas. All he had was Surly Smoke, Heady Topper, and Masala Mamma that he was trying to get rid of before moving, and this yahoo potted it out!

Anyone else have horror stories?

DanielNicholson and luwak like this.
  7. does the buffalo wild wings commercial about the homebrewer count as tragic?

8. nothing crazy, but my girlfriend's punk ass college aged brother took a bottle of allagash black and an ovila out of their fridge to a house party and ended up telling her the next day how disgusting they were and that he poured them down the drain.

9. Let's see. I had one friend say that Old Rasputin tasted like Advil. But usually I get the 'this ain't beer, it's shit line." Until I tell them the high abv. Then suddenly, they like it and think it's manly.

mellowmark, Pecan and luwak like this.
  10. "tastes like its spoiled.."

after taking a sip of JP La Roja

11. That was my response when I first tried ten fidy, fuck! I gotta get me some of this

fullmetal1381 and ggfunk like this.
  12. seek more answers at www.whatdidyouexpect.com !!!

Or in the case of most folks ... Iwasjustlikethatonce.net ...

I mean ... really !?!?!?

davey101 likes this.
  13. Avangion

Avangion Aficionado (110) New York Dec 14, 2012

"Are you an alcoholic?"

BeerKangaroo and YogiBeer like this.
  14. JoEBoBpr

JoEBoBpr Champion (760) Missouri Feb 26, 2004

Just gave my wife a taste of my Big Black Voodoo Daddy (American Double Stout) and she said: "Taste like motor oil".

Hahah...and she loves Belgian beers.

15. "Smells like rotgut, cheap wine and tastes like shitty beer"

-My Dad, after trying some Duchesse de Burgogne

luwak likes this.
  16. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Connecticut Apr 14, 2009

All of my friends are experts and connoisseurs in every aspect of life

17. the amount of BMC drinkers who come to my bar and order gulden draak because of the ABV (and then pretend to like it) is alarming.

Pecan likes this.
  18. lsummers

lsummers Advocate (535) California Jun 21, 2010

That's what I thought too! Apparently there's a bad aftertaste according to my bro :)

19. "Can I have some more?"

20. BJasny

BJasny Savant (385) Texas Jul 10, 2011

"It's too dark for me"

21. Was out last weekend with some friends, and was lucky enough to go to a place that had BCBS. I shared it with a friend who immediately cried soy sauce lol.

22. JrGtr

JrGtr Savant (365) Massachusetts Apr 13, 2006

I was at a tasting at a local store. Talking to some friends there, this kid comes over and says, "where's the real beer?"
    I happenned to be standing next to the Smuttynose section, grabbed one and showed it to him. He says, "no, the American beer!" I said, "well, this is brewed in New Hampshire, American enough?" he walks off. I see him a few minutes later with a 30-rack of Bud Light.
    I was thinking of asking if he knew that's no longer an American beer.

mellowmark, seplo, slim2043 and 3 others like this.
  23. My cousin bought me a 120 for Xmas, so my Uncle(Bud Light guy) insisted on trying some. Well, a few seconds later he came over to those of us enjoying it and exclaimed with a disgusted look on his face: "this tastes like burnt orange monkey piss!" Needless to say, I have been blessed with the name of my first homebrew. Long live BOMP!

24. tronto

tronto Aficionado (225) Kentucky Dec 22, 2010

something, etc, etc, etc,etc,etc,etc, guiness. Is usually how it goes.

vacax likes this.
  25. nachos

nachos Aficionado (240) Minnesota Jun 4, 2012

"this is pretty good, but why do all those people online act like such stuck up d-bags who are better than everyone else just because they have different tastes?"

26. raczkowski

raczkowski Savant (340) Florida May 16, 2011

my buddy always says every single stout i have: "damn this tastes like burnt coffee and looks like motor oil...i dont know how you drink this shit," as he guzzles bmc swill.

PsilohsaiBiN likes this.
  27. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

So this lady goes into a local bottle shop. She asks the guy in the beer cooler to help her select a good dessert beer and adds she doesn't want anything too hoppy. The employee walks her over to the bomber room and quickly grabs a GDBC fresh hop and informs her this would be perfect... fresh hop was right next to a bomber of espresso oaked yeti...

Also have a co worker who goes into the buggs bunny just drank poison dance when I. Hand him anything too hoppy. Have another co workker who says hops taste like earwax.

28. My buddy always says "I don't like beer. That's why I drink bud light." At least he's honest.

29. BruChef

BruChef Savant (295) New York Nov 8, 2009

"I don't like when i have to to chew my beer"

richardflyr likes this.
  30. mcmeador

mcmeador Zealot (95) Mississippi Sep 2, 2012

Honestly, I haven't read all of the posts here but I have a feeling my story could top them all. I had a friend that always drank nothing but Bud Light or Coors Light. I had always tried to get him to try one of Sam Adams beers or really anything else, and he'd always refuse and say they make him want to puke. Finally I got him to try a Sam Adams White Ale one night when we were standing in my kitchen. He took a swig of it and immediately turned toward my sink and started puking. There was no heaving...he just opened his mouth and I heard the puke splattering in the sink. I couldn't stop laughing at him, and he turned to me and said, "Dude, I told you I don't like that stuff!"

TychoNDC, afrokaze, wesbray and 3 others like this.
  31. "I think you buy this shit just to see the look on my face when I try it, why else would anyone buy it..."

32. According to my girlfriend, Every IPA tastes like hairspray, And according to one of my friends, Every craft beer is good. He however, Will open a bottle, Take two sips, Secretly pour it down the drain while nobody is looking and open up a Bud Light Lime or Lime-A-Rita. He claimed to love Guinness, So I gave him a bottle. Two drinks later he didn't want it because it was " going down too heavy ". He, as usual, opened up a Bud Light Lime and drank that instead.

afrokaze likes this.
  33. Derranged

Derranged Advocate (525) New York Mar 7, 2010

A friend of mine after trying Duvel: "Tastes like Budweiser with some fruit in it".

feloniousmonk likes this.
  34. "I'd drink 312 more but I just don't like really heavy beers."

BeerKangaroo, MCain04 and afrokaze like this.
  35. Schwantz

Schwantz Savant (390) Florida Dec 16, 2012

You have my permission grasshopper. Ossu!

fullmetal1381 likes this.
  36. Schwantz

Schwantz Savant (390) Florida Dec 16, 2012

"I'll betcha the Chiefs make the playoffs".....uuuuuuh. Ok.

bmilt, BeerKangaroo and bifrost17 like this.
  37. MarioM

MarioM Advocate (525) California Sep 13, 2009

Had some friends and family try some of my Old Rasputin Imperial Stout during New Years eave, everyone was drinking bud light, and they were all like, "aw god! how can you drink this! Its too strong and bitter!". I just giggled and finished the whole 4 pak by my self.

38. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (640) New York Mar 21, 2010

Went to a craft bar with my best friend of 30 years, he is not much of a drinker any more. But he surveyed the whole list of craft beers and listened to my recommendations, then chose a Heineken! I was ready to strangle him :)!

BeerKangaroo likes this.
  39. Andygirl

Andygirl Savant (280) Michigan Jan 3, 2013

Do you have any regular beer? is usually what I hear.

slim2043 likes this.
  40. Absolut

Absolut Savant (430) California Sep 19, 2011

if i liked beer, i'd like this.

luwak likes this.