1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

FW and Deschutes in/around Park City

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by Justin_Neff, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Justin_Neff

Justin_Neff Savant (255) Ohio Jun 21, 2012

I'm traveling to Park City next week, arriving in a couple days, and was just wondering if anyone could help by telling me what Firestone Walker and Deschutes beers I might be able to find on the shelves around the area? I will be heading to squatters for sure while I'm there, but I can't get FW or Deschutes in OH, and am hoping to get some good stuff.

Thanks for the help. Cheers!

2. mikey451

mikey451 Aficionado (215) Utah Mar 11, 2003

You should be able to find Firestone Walker's Wooky Jack, Double DBA (maybe), Double Jack & XVI Anniversary (maybe) and most of their regular line up.

Deschutes' regulars are just about anywhere, plus RedChair, Chase'n Freshies, Hop Henge , Hop in the Dark, Hop Trip, The Dissident & if your able to make to the Beerhive in SLC there is still some Black Butte XXI & Mirror Mirror.

3. BlackElixir

BlackElixir Zealot (80) Wisconsin Jan 22, 2013

Just curious if you have seen The Dissident at any of the liquor stores down in SLC lately? I haven't made the rounds in while.

4. EdH

EdH Aficionado (230) Utah Jul 27, 2005

I haven't. I've been to both wine stores in the past week; wasn't looking for Dissident specifically--but I'm pretty sure I would have noticed it ;)

5. BlackElixir

BlackElixir Zealot (80) Wisconsin Jan 22, 2013

I actually called both wine stores this afternoon and was told that neither The Dissident or The Abyss made it into the state this year. I don't know if this means that they haven't gotten them up until this point, or if they are not coming at all. I assume that expecting The Dissident to show up is pretty much a lost cause at this point, but hopefully there is still hope for The Abyss. It would be a shame to miss out on both of these beers, as having the Deschutes Reserve Series is one of the very few redeeming qualities of the state liquor stores.

6. mikey451

mikey451 Aficionado (215) Utah Mar 11, 2003

The Bayou is serving both the Dissident & 2012 Abyss right now.

7. Justin_Neff

Justin_Neff Savant (255) Ohio Jun 21, 2012

I found the last bottle of FW Anny XVI at the State Liquor in Park City. I picked up a few regulars of Deschutes and some FW Pale 31 - that was all they had of FW. Overall, there was nothing else that caught my eye. I was hoping they would have some of the Deschutes bombers, like Hop Henge or Chasing Freshies, but all they had were the year round offerings.