1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

FW Sucaba - SoCal Sightings

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by luisc123, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Damnit I was in Northridge yesterday. BevMo Simi Valley was sold out as of yesterday.
  2. hansw

hansw Aficionado (125) California Oct 15, 2006

I had it on tap in seattle. It is delicious. I also just realized that this is totally useless info
    domtronzero and tyrsis like this.
  3. The great thing about living for the most part in a beer wasteland. Parabola and sucaba sit on the shelves for many months. A local store sold their last bottle of 2012 sucaba a week of so before the release of 2013. I bought a couple bottles at release and the owner told me to get a much as I want.
  4. blguillen

blguillen Savant (300) California Apr 19, 2011

Just saw about 5 bottles at Mr. Kegs in HB.
  5. There were 4 bottles of Sucaba on the shelf at Whole Foods in Pasadena on Foothill if anyone is still looking for it.
  6. Tustin Liquor has a few left.
  7. tyrsis

tyrsis Savant (365) California Mar 13, 2009

Still some at BevMo Mira Mesa
  8. Whole Foods in La Jolla has had 4-6 bottles on their shelf the three times I've visited their in the past week. As others have said, if you wait past the initial panic, you'll have no problem finding it.
  9. I work at a store near FW and we had a guy come in and buy 4 cases of Sucaba. I wasn't there but apparently it rung up at like $700+. Im still pissed that the manager on duty let this happen. He even overheard that the guy was going to resell it in the bay area. The store manager was pissed.

I find it ridiculous that people buy and resell beer. If you find someone obviously marking up prices on limited releases, please don't give these guys your business. Its bad for everyone and only encourages this kind of behavior.
  10. Zhiguli

Zhiguli Aficionado (245) California Jul 12, 2012

BevMo Hollywood... Both of them. Cases
  11. mlobster

mlobster Disciple (65) California Dec 30, 2012

Awesome tip and can confirm that they still have cases available.

[​IMG].
  12. tyrsis

tyrsis Savant (365) California Mar 13, 2009

Can we get some TW in SD? Jesus Christ
  13. Damn, Northridge got a lot of Sucaba. In fact now that I think of it, when I was picking up some Deschutes 24, the Brea TW looked up the stock levels at other stores for me, Northridge got over 20 cases of Deschutes 24.
  14. dvnbtn

dvnbtn Zealot (90) California Sep 9, 2012

Had it last wk. Awesome beer.

I'm gonna get another bottle to age.
  15. KRAZGRL

KRAZGRL Zealot (85) California Mar 17, 2009

There still a few at the Total Wine and BevMo in Torrance.
  16. Newleaf

Newleaf Disciple (55) California Aug 24, 2010

The Whole Foods in Long Beach still has it on the shelf...14.99, no limit.
  17. What a tasty beer. Also quite tasty to cook with. Added a little too some chard during the sautee and it came out great.
  18. The guy at T.O. total wine told me to go to Northridge. I hate driving into the valley.