1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

GBBF 2012

Discussion in 'UK & Ireland' started by paxton1978, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Thought I may as well make a thread for any comments/opinions on the GBBF. But for now I have none, because I'm not there yet! Allons-y!

2. I'll be there on Friday. Don't drink all the good stuff before then!!!

3. Stay away from the caZeau saIson! Favourite for me so far is the Cantillon Apricot. Palate is currentl being destroyed by the Emelisse espresso...

4. yeah - took note of the Emelisse Espresso when I was browsing the other day

Is that tap or bottle?

5. Good god, jazzy, do you plan all your social activities around beer?
    If so, well done.

jazzyjeff13 likes this.
  6. Tap. It was one of the best coffee beers i've had, but my god- bitter and roasty and mouth-coating. I had to swap my glass for a new one afterwards and the guy handing out glasses took a look at it, then looked at me and said- 'christ, have you been drinking milkshakes?'

Ruds likes this.
  7. Dennoman

Dennoman Savant (495) Belgium Aug 20, 2011

I noticed they had it on tap at a Dutch comedy club where I played. Needless to say, my set was a little hazy.

Also: SOMEONE hit up De Molen stand and get 2 bottles of the De Molen Wild Turkey if they still have it, they're fresh out of that here!

8. i don't know if they're staggering when stuff gets put out, but there was none of this of the Struise Damnation when I was there. Got some Rasputin though, which was excellent.

9. Dennoman

Ah, good to see they're blending new batches of that.

10. Heh - it would be great if I could say yes ;) Actually, I think it's just a coincidence of timing that I'm having two major beer-fuelled weekends one after another. Although in the last year or so I find that I'm factoring beer and/or fests into my plans more. When I went to Belgium & the Netherlands back in May, the trigger for the trip was to attend the Night of the Great Thirst near Brussels (and most thirsty it was too).

Are you warning people off the caZeau saIson because it's bad, or because you're hogging it?!

Also - I notice that the Champion beer of Britain is a barleywine! At least it's not another mild!

11. No, the Cazeau is foul. Have had it and enjoyed it in the bottle, but there was something wrong with it here- had to use an XX bitter to wash the taste away. I had the CBOB barleywine- it was good, but a little too sweet for my palate.

12. shyhenry

shyhenry Aficionado (145) Virginia Oct 11, 2010

This and Black Damnation were never available. I went to buy some bottles right at the opening of the festival and got rejected.

Cantillon Pure Apricot was pretty damn tasty.

13. Dennoman

Oh well, there's always Borefts! :)