1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

GD Barrel Aged Yeti?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by KBrennan1000, Jan 12, 2013.

1. No idea when this announced and I'm probably way late on this but what is the scoop on the Stranahan's Barrel Aged Yeti? These are 2 of my favorite things and I would love to get my hands on some. I'm sure it's brewery only or something of that nature but I'm still hopeful for the moment.

Schwantz likes this.
  2. The last batch was released in 2011

3. crusian

crusian Advocate (620) Oregon May 14, 2010

It was good too... and some were infected.
    Around $30. Toss of an ISO. You can trade for it. It got small distribution around the country.

4. The thread on BA made it seem like more than just some were infected.

5. Bummer. Hopefully they'll try it again. Did it get any distribution beyond Denver in 2011?

6. rollom

rollom Advocate (570) New York Jan 22, 2011

I bought it in NYC

7. beenitty

beenitty Savant (330) New Jersey Nov 27, 2010

Honestly, you may want to avoid 2011, or trade older vintage.

I bought 3/4 bottles and traded for a few more. Every single one was infected. I know of others who had it many times, uninfected, but its a crapshoot for sure, So just beware.

8. I've had 5-6 bottles of the '11 and not one was infected, but I'm still scared about the couple more that I have since it is so random

9. DogfishJoe

DogfishJoe Savant (460) Ohio Feb 14, 2010

Wish I knew if mine were infected

10. aasher

aasher Champion (900) Indiana Jan 27, 2010

Honestly, just drop an ounce or shot of Stranahans into a regular Yeti. The BA Yeti is marginally different than the regular Yeti and 3x the cost.

11. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

I know its been said, but I'll gladly give anyone out there .50 on the dollar for their bottles of "infected" ba yeti.

I made this proposal before, nobody took mee up on it then either though.

12. mhenson42

mhenson42 Advocate (595) Texas Nov 20, 2011

I had two bottles of BA yeti. One was sour/infected the other was great. I think from what I've seen/experienced bottles with #s in the 3000s are fine. The infected one I had was in the 8-900 range

13. warrenout330

warrenout330 Aficionado (240) Ohio Oct 19, 2012

I just bought one yesterday, I believe? It was crazy good. It was also dated 2011 so I was alittle iffy as well....

14. ^^^^ I've had it both ways many times and there is a big difference between plain Yeti with Stranahans and BA yeti

warrenout330 likes this.