Gene Simmons opens "Rock & Brews" restaurant franchise

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by Todd, Mar 12, 2012.

1. for you guys not to sure if it is lame and gimmicky, the one in el segundo is awesome, and I am hoping the one in Redondo Beach is just as awesome.

the tap and bottle lists are amazing, so give it a chance. I have had some great beers while there... and contrary to popular belief... the food is also pretty good.

SoCalBeerIdiot likes this.
  2. Paia would be a weird choice.

3. Milk was a baddd choice.

Agreed though. I feel like a Lahaina or Wailea may be a better choice.

4. I would say front street Lahaina to draw the tourists or somewhere over by the airport in Kahului.

4kbrianb likes this.
  5. Honestly, if it was on Front street I would be there a couple times during my trip. Purely to support the cause.. plus i am super lame and drink too many mai tais when I am over there haha. Lahaina may be my favorite stretch of coast in the world. Well North shore in the winter is pretty damn fun to sit on also.

6. SILVER

SILVER Aficionado (225) Florida Jan 3, 2007

Mmm, I like "holes in the wall".

DovaliHops likes this.
  7. cproioi

cproioi Savant (325) Ohio Apr 6, 2006

Sigh London's Calling calamari.

8. Absolut

Absolut Savant (435) California Sep 19, 2011

$1 to sit in Kiss dinner chair surcharge.
    $1 to use Kiss utensils surcharge
    $1 to use Kiss napkin surcharge.
    $1 to use kiss ketchup, salt, pepper and/or mustard.

and dont even ask about the restrooms.

smutty33 and Providence like this.
  9. You know Gene is used as a star investor right? Tons of restaurants use stars as investors for marketing strategy and there isn't an ounce of that person in the building. Even if they get 0.5% of a return and only invested like 100k in it originally, they are still listed as a partner.

10. Absolut

it was merely an attempt at humor. no need to mobilize the Kiss Army.

suspect likes this.
  11. haha ok ok I will sit back down. Actually, I hate Kiss.... I don't know why, but I hate them.
    butttttt, if they did have a Kiss booth, I would boycot them without a doubt.

12. Absolut

not one of my favorites either. i do admire their ability to market and generate a rabid fan base.

13. CORKSCREWFISH

CORKSCREWFISH Savant (325) Illinois Apr 22, 2011

This is genius??? Hahahah. That's funny! Wait! Oh he was a Rock star so he named his bar Rock And Brews !

Fckin Einstein!

Manoftyr likes this.
  14. sirtomtom

sirtomtom Savant (260) California Dec 10, 2010

Draft list looks great. I like the, "we have the good ones from a little bit of everybody mentality."

15. Like kiss and good draft beer but considering a miller lite is like 12 bucks at the hard rock cafe I cant imagine what a (insert your favorite craft beer here) will cost at this overproduced tourist trap!

16. Manoftyr

Manoftyr Savant (270) New York May 6, 2009

I fail to see why anyone gives a shit about this.

17. I can't seem to figure out why people keep assuming these places are like a planet hollywood or a hard rock cafe? If anything it is closer to a Yard House, but with a better beer list.. and brighter color schemes haha

18. Didn't say anything about the name of the place; said he was a marketing genius--as in the band and all the stuff they market and people buy. He's one smart AND rich immigrant or as you would like to say, "Fcking Einstein!"

19. CORKSCREWFISH

CORKSCREWFISH Savant (325) Illinois Apr 22, 2011

Fact is :
    He's definitely rich and he is an immigrant. Who denied these facts or for that matter questioned these facts in any way? Completely irrelevant.
    Is he smart? Possibly! Is he "fcking Einstein",a genius? Don't be foolish! You degrade the very definition of the word!
    Under your definition,Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are geniuses as well.Let's not forget the Kardashian genius family,and on and on.........

Being popular doesn't make/mean you're a genius.Throwing your name on everything that moves and seeing what sticks even less so!

Providence, teal and antlerwrestler19 like this.
  20. I would rather listen to cats fuck than listen to KISS.

Providence likes this.
  21. Is the place expensive?
    Because I'm just waiting for the "I left my wallet in El Segundo" jokes.

22. sirtomtom

sirtomtom Savant (260) California Dec 10, 2010

Dunno, the link I gave above you gives the draft prices. $9.00 for SN Ovila, doesn't seem to bad.

23. being popular and/or succesful does however make you intelligent enough to recognize how to maximize your ability and turn it in to a profit or business. So in that regard, I would say that Gene and even the Kardashians are genius. They maximized their brand and took advantage of the time they were stars. Einstein's? no damn way!

24. All you need in HI is a refreshing Fire Rock after a surf. :)

25. Ford

Ford Savant (490) Texas Sep 8, 2012

Sounds like a House of Blues type place... but with a better beer selection... that is a plus.... I like going to concerts.. I'd like to be able to drink better beer while there.

26. Todd

Todd Founder (1,615) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

In related beer news ...

---

Paul Stanley Joins Gene Simmons as Founding Partner in Rock & Brews Restaurant Venture

Stanley and Simmons Will Open New Rock & Brews in Los Cabos March 22 and 23 Kicking Off Significant Expansion of the Brand

Los Angeles, Calif. (March 4, 2013) – Today, Rock & Brews™ announced that KISS rock legend Paul Stanley is joining forces with fellow KISS co-founder Gene Simmons in his Rock & Brews restaurant venture as the company prepares for worldwide expansion. Together, they will co-host the March 22 and 23 opening of Rock & Brews in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico, the second location for the emerging brand.

Rock & Brews Los Cabos is the first international location for the new entertainment and rock-themed dining concept. Stanley and Simmons, along with Rock & Brews co-founding partners restaurateur-hotelier Michael Zislis and veteran concert promoter Dave Furano, have teamed up with Los Cabos’ restaurateurs Jessica Moreira, Rodrigo Cabeza De Vaca, and Sergio Martinez, and developers Alfredo Gadsden, Gabriel Gadsden and Mario Gadsden for the opening.

“I am honored to join the Rock & Brews lineup, and am especially excited for our first international location in Los Cabos,” said Stanley. “Rock & Brews is truly a unique concept that embraces music and concert-style social gatherings like no other dining venue.”

The new Rock & Brews Los Cabos features a unique concert themed-atmosphere complete with hand-painted murals of rock artists, album and tour art. Guests can take advantage of the al fresco dining offered, or enjoy sitting indoors in an authentically themed backstage concert site. The restaurant features a full bar and will have the largest selection of craft beers in Los Cabos. It is set to be a main late-night attraction for locals and tourists alike, as after the dinner rush, a DJ will be spinning tunes nightly.

The grand opening of Rock & Brews Los Cabos will welcome about 400 KISS fans from around the world, along with music industry notables and local VIPs. A special KISS Army Rock & Brews package is available at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort that includes a two-night stay in a deluxe room with a Jacuzzi and private terrace (double occupancy) March 22 and 23, two tickets to the invitation-only Rock & Brews opening on March 22, a private seaside reception and photo opportunity with Gene and Paul at the resort’s Five Star Diamond De Cortez restaurant prior to the opening event, a breakfast buffet for two at the resort’s Tomatoes restaurant, and a Rock & Brews t-shirt for $749, including tax, based on availability. The rate code is KISARRB. For more information or to make reservations, please visit http://www.sheratonloscabos.com or call (011) 52-624-145-8000.

Four additional Rock & Brews restaurants are currently in development. Rock & Brews Redondo Beach (on Pacific Coast Highway) is set to open in late April; Rock & Brews LAX (in the Delta Airlines Terminal) and Rock & Brews Paia, Maui will open this summer; and a Rock & Brews Prairiefire, in Kansas City, MO is also slated to open later this year. Several others are on the drawing board for locations throughout the United States and abroad.
    Rock & Brews Los Cabos is located at Paseo Malecón San José Plaza del Pescador Local 1, San José Del Cabo. For more information, please visit http://www.rockandbrews.com.

About Rock & Brews
    Rock & Brews features casual American cuisine, as well as dishes that reflect local tastes, and a broad craft beer selection in an atmosphere that is reminiscent of a backstage concert environment featuring concert lighting, multiple televisions and concert-style rock music. The first Rock & Brews entertainment and dining venue opened in April 2012 near Los Angeles International Airport in El Segundo, Calif. The company plans to expand worldwide.

###

27. It is a good list with one caveat; they should replace Big Eye with Sculpin and then it would be fantastic!

28. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (640) New York Mar 21, 2010

I am headed to Cabo tomorrow. I wish this was in Cabo instead of San Jose Del Cabo. Weird choice, Cabo is where all the action is, San Jose Del Cabo is a much quieter town.

29. mattdbh

mattdbh Savant (275) California Feb 21, 2009

His rendition of the Star Spangled Banner at the Raiders game I went to was great so why wouldn't this!

30. I gotta back 4kbrianb up here. I've been to the one in El Segundo a couple times and I look forward to going back again. Great beer selection, pretty damn good food, in a beer garden setting with great music and nice eye-candy. What else could you ask for? Quit hatin' until you've tried it.

DelMontiac and 4kbrianb like this.
  31. Oh, and right across the street from El Segundo Brewing Company...forgot to mention that.

32. There are so many great places to drink in a 20 mile radius this will be a tough sell.

I was at Father's Office Thurs night rotating between Pliny, Row 2/Hill 56 and 15th anniversary Firestone. Not to mention the world's greatest burger... ok maybe top 10