1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Genny Bock will be available in stubby bottles this year

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by lionking, Jan 5, 2013.

1. lionking

lionking Savant (310) Pennsylvania Nov 25, 2006

2. Any sightings in SEPA?

3. Can't find it in cny yet. Shipments went out 1.16 so hopefully any day now here in cuse. Planning on going to the brewhouse next weekend to try from the source

4. i want that glass...

foureyedgeek likes this.
  5. Ditto.

6. Should have an in for the Bock glass.... Let me know who wants one will work out a deal !!
    Make one bulk purchase and local p/u bottle share perhaps ?
    Pa guys come up here all the time for fly fishing ... Rooms are available !!

7. Vacation for pint glass? I wish I had that kind of money and work vacation days. Sigh.

8. lionking

When genny bock came out a few years ago I picked it up in MD (State line)but they havent had it since. I was looking for the Genny heritage back in SEPA (chester county) and was told the master distributor doesnt get it or Genny doesnt send it. Recently I have seen the Genny 12 Horse in stubbies but was told the regular Genny and GCA arent available in stubbies in Chester Cty.I was able to find some in lancaster county but do to the orig heritage pack not selling well they didnt get the summer heritage pack. Was also told Lancaster will have Genny Bock shortly but not the Bock stubbies. Any way, I have found that the Genny /GCA stubbies are sold in York county. So i suppose if i want the Bock stubbies i will have to make a trip.

9. Nugget Nectar was great, but it's time for Genny Bock!

Any sightings in SEPA?

10. chcfan

chcfan Advocate (560) California Oct 29, 2008

I think it's gotta be in 'Origlio Purgatory' because it's definitely been released. FREE THE GENNY, you guys

11. chcfan

WHAR GENNY BOCK?!?!?

victory4me and GennyCreamAle like this.
  12. Flashy

Flashy Advocate (570) Vermont Oct 22, 2003

I remember the days when the brewerys coming out with Bock Beer was the only beer highlight of the year, that and Ballentine IPA. We've come a long way baby.

13. Yeah, now we have special releases of beers such as Stones Enjoy by 2-15-13 which sells out in a period of hours. What a joyous new beer scene!?!;)

Cheers!

14. pitweasel

pitweasel Advocate (545) New York Jun 11, 2007

I'd love to find this in SEPA as well. I called the distro closest to me, and he just kept repeating "Genesee? No. We've got the Yuengling Bock. But...Genesee?"

If someone happens to find this, preferably in Lancaster County, please let me know!

15. jiboo22

jiboo22 Aficionado (210) New Jersey May 24, 2005

Anyone see Benny bock in nj yet?

16. chcfan

According to their FB page, they had a release party on the 24th, but I have also heard it shipped on the 16th. I could have ridden my freaking bike back and forth to a few times in that period. I actually think of it more as a spring beer (March being a more traditional month for it since that's when most Bock Fests are) but I'm concerned that we somehow are getting the shaft on this one.

17. Is this the week?

18. It's been all over Rochester for a few weeks now. I gotta assume you guys aren't near if you can't find it.

19. So, we know that Genny Bock is available in the Rochester, NY area. Is it only available in the Rochester area? I will be at Lake Placid next week. Does Geneses distribute to Lake Placid?

Cheers!

20. Rigmarole

Rigmarole Initiate (15) Feb 16, 2013

Hello and greetings from South Philadelphia! A quick google search lead me here and, as an upstate NY native, I'm thrilled to find so many of genny bock enthusiasts in SEPA. Two years ago Global in NoLibs got a pallet in but last year no such luck. If anyone in the region finds any PLEASE report. Spring time just doesn't feel right without a mountain of these.

21. kuhndog

kuhndog Savant (330) New York Sep 6, 2011

Are the stubby bottles out yet? We've got lots of cans here in CNY, but I haven't seen any bottles yet.

22. They are in Rochester obviously. At the brewery and beers of the world. Haven't seen any in cuse yet though. Seems as though the wegmans in cuse got smaller shipments this year as well.

Has only seen bock in cans or on tap at any bars in cuse? Last year the only places I saw it were nibsys and bull and bear. It's all over on tap I rochester ($2 imperial pints at sticky lips!)

23. lionking

Kirchner in Lancaster is the master distributor. they said they have bock in the cans