1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Getting a Downtown L.A. bottle share going again

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by Earlycsquid, Apr 29, 2013.

1. So since our old fearless leader Doug moved on to a better career in Northern California, I figure we should get the ball rolling for another bottle share.

So far the location to host one is TBD and the date is up in the air. But generating interest to see how many people would be up for a Downtown L.A. bottle share again?

Tentative dates I'm thinking would probably be Sunday May 19th or the 26th. Since Sunday's seemed to work the two previous times we tried. I have reached out to see who could host. I would say that at the very least we throw in a couple of bucks in either tip or purchase food (if the establishment has food) as a gesture of thanks for putting up with us.

So hey, ISO: A place to crack bottles. FT: good conversation and a lot of top notch beer.

On the fence of partaking? Well, the last time we had a horizontal of Barrel Aged Speedways in the way of BA Kopi, Kopi, BA Speedway, regular Speedway.

So who's down? Who has ideas on where we could hold it and which day works better for folks? 19 or 26?
    drgonzo2k2 likes this.
  2. I'm sure the wife and I would love to attend. I've got lots of stuff to share. Some place with food would be awesome.
  3. We have a venue and I'm just going to set a date since it works with the venue:

Sunday May 19th.

Mark it on your calendar. Got any questions, thoughts, send them over my way.
  4. vurt

vurt Savant (495) Oregon Apr 11, 2004

I'd love to attend. I have great/interesting beers to share, and it would be terrific to meet some new BAs.
  5. I'd possibly be down
  6. I won't be able to make this one, wedding is May 18th...
    But I will have a venue for us for a possible June bottle share, so keep that in mind.

Cheers
  7. So a bump since we're about a week away from it. So far we have a pretty solid line up of a vertical set up, if any one else is interested in jumping in on this for Next Sunday from 2-7pm, go ahead and BM me to get the info.
  8. May as well bump this since the bottle share is this Sunday, May 19th in Downtown L.A.

BM for details. We have a spot in a well known established beer spot with food and what not. About 10+ people already in, but open for more folks to jump on in.
  9. DAMN, a week later and I would've been all in.
    (*finals next week)

have fun, y'all!
  10. Thanks to Earlycsquid for putting this together, AndrewK for hosting, and everyone who turned out for bringing such great beer. Great meeting everyone. The wife and I had a great time. Cheers!