1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Getting real tired of whales.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by atomic, Feb 27, 2013.

1. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

Haha awesome!
    .and you see how far he got..he was a godammn king (for a awhile)

2. Nectar

Nectar Savant (310) New Jersey Jan 17, 2013

3. My mind did not even hesitate to read this in a thick country accent. It was instantaneous.

OneBeertoRTA likes this.
  4. jmgrub

jmgrub Savant (445) California Nov 20, 2010

How many people so far have asked you to gopickitupformebro?

usofar likes this.
  5. Damn... I read through 6 pages of whale whining and no one has replied to where this coozie can be purchased :confused:

6. I got a BA Bigfoot for an extra!

7. usofar

usofar Initiate (0) California Dec 23, 2010

i thought about it.

8. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Advocate (635) Iowa Jan 12, 2013

Only 3 actually.

9. Custom made by a friend here on ba. I believe there were only 15-20 ever made. So it is a legit whale koozie, so .rar

made in pvw barrels on 101207

10. every had Cantillion? Cherry rye is a shelf turd.

11. I really think that for many, it's firstly, where you live (and what you regularly have access to), and secondly, what you've tried that you have access to. For me, I live in an area where I will have the White Chocolate (and other Bruery brews) shipped to my house, I live next to some fabulous breweries (Russian River, Lagunitas, etc.) - also, there are a number of great bottle shops here, so I'm not really worried about hunting out hyped up great beers - there's too much here for me to try! Also, I'm wary of trading with people I don't know - for now. But that being said, I'm also somewhat new to the BA beer scene, so I think that for many of you veterans who have seen all of the BA beers that there are to see in your local area, done verticals of each etc., well yeah, happy hunting!

12. BeerLover99

BeerLover99 Advocate (745) Illinois Dec 13, 2008

Amen! Have only found and sought out a few whales, for me. This is a HUGE
    reason why I LOVE good/rare beers with worthy friends. Maybe I'm just too nice
    or putting out good karma? But most people are very grateful and provide more beer
    for us to share over time if they can not find whales.

13. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Advocate (635) Iowa Jan 12, 2013

FYI for any Central Iowa BAs looking. Saw plenty of 4pks of BCBS at HyVee on Mills Civic Parkway in WDSM today.

[​IMG]

14. hustlemuscle

hustlemuscle Savant (380) Ohio Jan 13, 2004

I don't know if I have ever had a whale.

15. Rogorama

Rogorama Savant (345) Indiana Sep 4, 2012

for your health, ya dingus!