1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Glassware in Brussels

Discussion in 'Benelux' started by Jnorton00, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Hello all, I think I'm going to be in Brussels next week for 4-5 days and am looking for places to get glassware. I saw a few of the well known bottle shops sell glasses but are there any lesser known shops I should check out?
  2. Bottles shops are easily the easiest for branded glasses, but you could also pop into a grocery, where they will usually sell packs of beer and glasses together, often including the Trappists. Or ask in a bar to buy some of theirs; by local legend they might hook you up. If you don't care about the branded ones, there's a shop called Vaisselle au Kilo on rue Haute in the Marolles that, at least in times past, has had better quality glassware of various beer-specific types, just not brewery-branded. For old ones, you could try the flea market on Place Jeu de Balle down the street from there, especially nice on a Sunday morning. (I would opt for a very quick browse and then a gueuze at La Brocante, where rue Haute runs into the square.) Or else poke around in one of the many dusty old brocantes (junk shop, to sound less romantic) around there (esp. rue Blaes) or in lots of other neighborhoods around Brussels. The Troc chain of consignment/second-hand shops usually has 'em, too.
  3. Thanks for the suggestions! I'm also very ISO the latest Belgium only duel collection glasses. If you happen to see them in your travels this week let me know! I'm around for beers Tuesday too if you're bored.