1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Gluten Free Craft Beer Story at NPR

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by luwak, Feb 2, 2013.

1. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

DJFairhurst, heesu and Craigory like this.
  2. It's good for people with celiac to have something to drink, but I have not had a gluten free beer that was half way decent. I would hate to be in that situation.
  3. scootny

scootny Savant (375) New York Dec 31, 2007

Have not followed the link yet but if spelt is gluten free then Joseph's Spelt ale is a pretty good option.
  4. ThirstyFace

ThirstyFace Initiate (0) New York Jan 11, 2013

oMission Lager is a damn fine GF beer.
  5. sm0key

sm0key Savant (315) Michigan Apr 24, 2009

Green's is pretty decent... I have a buddy that has gluten issues, so I experiment occasionally on his behalf. Kinda pricey though.
  6. They left out Lakefront Brewing's New Grist the 1st GF beer.
  7. heesu

heesu Aficionado (155) Michigan Jul 2, 2012

My GF has a gluten intolerance, so I'm always on the lookout for GF options for her. She likes Ciders, which is good considering the options there. As for beer, the Omission pale ale is pretty solid. The New Planet pale is also ok. Those, and greens, taste the most like real beer IMO.
  8. they did mention it in passing, just decided not to showcase it. New Grist is delicious!
  9. nongirlyman

nongirlyman Initiate (15) Feb 9, 2013

My wife and I are eliminating wheat and gluten. I love beer, so I tried
    New Grist. I thinks it's pretty good. Kabisch ?
  10. VTFriar

VTFriar Disciple (70) Vermont Jan 4, 2013

The Alchemist's Celia Saison is an excellent gluten free brew. My wife picks it up regularly, even though she's not on a gluten-free diet.....If I have a little sniffle or start of a head cold, I'll occasionally have a couple and I've noticed I'm clear as a bell the next day. First time I had it, I was not the slightest it congested the next day, and it has caused me to consider that I might have a mild allergy.....Great beer.
  11. You better have a sip of all of the Brasseurs Sans Gluten beers. They won the 3 medals available in the Glute Free category, last year at the WBA ! they are coming to the US in cans very soon !!! Even if I tolerate gluten, it is always a pleasure to drink their beers !

Give them a try !

Cheers