1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Gnomegang to be released in 12oz 8 packs

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by musicsherlock, Nov 19, 2012.

1. fmccormi likes this.
  2. Weird, would be interested in checking that out. 6 packs are always pretty perfect though. So unless you want to run a BMC type marketing scheme I don't see much merit in it.
  3. Odd choice.
    kojevergas likes this.
  4. I think the facebook page refers to the variety pack that includes 2xHennepin, 2xThree philosophers, 2xBPA and 2xAbbey ale. It suggests one of them will be replaced with Gnomeggang. If the BPA is replaced it will make the 8-pack much more desirable.
    musicsherlock likes this.
  5. the variety 8-pack makes sense...
  6. BeerFan

BeerFan Savant (320) New Jersey Feb 11, 2003

I thought I read somewhere the new variety pack would include 2 x Hennepin, Rare Vos, Witte and Gnomeggang. The old variety pack included Hennepin, BPA, Ommegang and Three Philosophers.

If you're lucky, maybe you can find an old variety pack before it disappears and then buy a new one and have a very nice variety of Ommegang beers. Oh wait, someone will complain that they have 4 Hennepins and only 2 of the others.
  7. GraniteSkunk

GraniteSkunk Savant (375) Illinois Apr 17, 2007

The only other beer I've ever seen released in eight packs is Billy Bock
    RobertColianni likes this.
  8. Danny1217

Danny1217 Advocate (620) Florida Jul 15, 2011

Isn't paulaner hefeweizen in 8 packs of cans?
  9. GraniteSkunk

GraniteSkunk Savant (375) Illinois Apr 17, 2007

I don't know - I ain't never seened of it
    beerFool28607 and RobertColianni like this.
  10. tzieser

tzieser Initiate (0) Arizona Nov 21, 2006

The only eight packs ive seen are those tiny 7oz pony cans of macro piss water.
  11. jmarce

jmarce Savant (320) Connecticut May 15, 2011

looks like you're correct, this is from their twitter a few weeks ago:

https://twitter.com/BreweryOmmegang/status/262648710285127681

"Our new Ommegang 8-packs are in! Witte, Hennepin, Rare Vos and Gnomegang"

[​IMG]

I would have definitely preferred Gnomegang, Three Phils, Hennepin and Abbey
  12. Danny1217

Danny1217 Advocate (620) Florida Jul 15, 2011

Why can't they just be normal and do 12 packs with Three Philosophers and Abbey Ale as well?
    RobertColianni likes this.
  13. Ricelikesbeer

Ricelikesbeer Savant (350) Colorado Nov 29, 2006

I've never had Gnomegang, would love to, but doubt I'll get the mixer out in CO either. How does it compare to the others? I am not a big belgian pale ale fan, but actually loved BPA.
  14. RDMII

RDMII Savant (290) Georgia Apr 11, 2010

It is indeed. Looks like a big brick of beer.
  15. So my local store just received this and I tempted to try it as I have never tried anything from Ommegang. It looks like Gnomegang is the jewel of this pack, how are the others?
    fmccormi likes this.
  16. ommegang beers are all pretty good stuff- you won't be blown away but there's no slouches either.
    jakethesnake9z9z and fishtremble like this.
  17. I'd buy this before you could say "delicious"
  18. dar482

dar482 Advocate (645) New York Mar 9, 2007

Gnomegang is amazing. I had it at Spitzer's in NYC. It's also a Saison with how much flavor it packs.

Anyone know if the bottles are released in NYC yet?
  19. Manoftyr

Manoftyr Savant (270) New York May 6, 2009

Call me crazy, but I think this is a friggen perfect Ommegang variety pack...never cared too much for the Three Philosophers or the Abbey myself and the Rare Vos is among my favorite things that Ommegang makes.
    facundoCNB and fmccormi like this.
  20. fmccormi

fmccormi Champion (750) New York Oct 24, 2010

Yeah it's pretty great. But I do really love BPA, too. It gets boring when it isn't so fresh, but fresh-fresh it's wonderful.
  21. Kopfschuss

Kopfschuss Advocate (520) Oregon Aug 19, 2009

I'd buy it for the ticks and the Hennepin.
  22. drocpsu

drocpsu Savant (250) New Hampshire Dec 25, 2006

I wish I could get those 8-packs out here in New Hampshire!! I might have to see if I can find any when I'm in NY in a couple weeks.

That said.... I would prefer Abbey instead of Witte.
    highdesertdrinker likes this.
  23. Ri0

Ri0 Champion (925) Wisconsin Jul 1, 2012

I really enjoy Hennepin and if the others are better or just as good, I'd grab a pack.
  24. Those 8 pack, solid cardboard box, 3 in one cases have been out for years. Great value here in PA, usually cheaper than a usaual 12 oz bottle case from Ommegang, definetly a better deal than a case of cork and cage! Normally only found at the case store here in wacky Pennsylvania ;) .
  25. jplopez21

jplopez21 Savant (470) Illinois Nov 14, 2012

I'm surprised u say that.

Three philosphers and abbey ale are their best regular beers. Not to mention highest rated.
    highdesertdrinker likes this.
  26. Manoftyr

Manoftyr Savant (270) New York May 6, 2009

Eh to be honest I think Three Philosophers is a mediocre Quad at best and don't fully understand all the praise it gets, there are better Quads out there for one's money. The Abbey I like more than Three Philosophers but again I find it falls short of other Dubbels, Alagash's springs to mind and is readily available. Not to mention that to my palette at least, most American breweries don't quite do Quads and Dubbels right and fall short of their Belgian originators.

Rare Vos, Hennepin, Witte and Gnomegang I all adore however.
  27. Dalmanfsu

Dalmanfsu Zealot (75) Florida Dec 31, 2012

Hoping I can find the 8-pack here in Florida, but I am not holding my breath!
  28. Yeah, they are. Little 10oz deals or something like that.
  29. Herky21

Herky21 Advocate (585) Iowa Aug 7, 2011

Damn it 8-packs were going to be my retirement invention.