Going to be in Asheville, NC, 4/8 - 4/11. Bottle share?

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by daedalusfinch, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

I'll be coming up to Asheville for a few days next week, and I'll be bringing along a lot of rare Florida (and non-Florida) goodies and one-offs. Would anyone be interested in setting up a bottle share?

2. If this wasn't during the week I would make the trek up... But alas, gotta make that paper. Enjoy your stay! Cheers!

3. I'm game

4. If anyone is on the fence about going, here are some things I'm thinking about bringing up:

'12 Hunahpu's
    '11 Zhukov
    CCB BA Imperial Milk Porter
    CCB/Bruery Does Costas Oeste (any/all three varities)
    CCB Cheers! (Cognac BA old ale never released or sold in any fashion)
    CCB Church on a Hill
    Swamphead Roosevelt
    '11 Swamphead Saison du Swamp
    CCB 110k Batch 4
    CCB Vuja De
    CCB BA Jose Marti
    '02 JW Lees Harvest Ale
    Avery Brabant
    '07 DFH Raisin D'Extra
    '11 GD BA Yeti
    Twisted Pine Ghost Face Killah
    and more
    Intuition Peoples Pale Ale (canned)

There are others I'm considering, and I probably won't be bringing all of these, but it'll be a pretty big load. I've got multiples of all of these and more, and I'd also be interested in IP trades. tclapper has suggested a venue, but nothing is definite yet.

5. I'd drive to Asheville for some of that. You should come up on the weekend next time. Oh well. Enjoy! Go eat breakfast at over easy.

6. SaCkErZ9

SaCkErZ9 Champion (850) Florida Feb 27, 2005

I will be driving through Asheville on Monday and I would be up for a trade of some stuff. I dont have shit anymore since I have been cruising through my cellar, but I have Sexual Chocolat '09 (the OG) and some other stuff I can dig out. Most of what I have is older vintage stuff so let me know if you need some critical beer for a vertical or something. I have Duck Rabbit (baltic and impy stout), Hair of the Dog, Brooklyn, Bourbon County Stout, KBS and FBS and Founders Impy Stout, etc.

7. GatorBeerNerd

GatorBeerNerd Savant (415) Georgia Sep 15, 2007

It would need to be Sexual Chocolate '08 be the OG bottled version. With that said, the '09 I had recently was very good.

8. SaCkErZ9

SaCkErZ9 Champion (850) Florida Feb 27, 2005

Well
    Its the 08 then. My bad.

9. OG bottled version? Please enlighten me. Also, was '08 an infection year?

10. n2185

n2185 Advocate (640) North Carolina Apr 14, 2008

I'd be up for meeting somewhere in Asheville, and could bring a few bottles to share as well. My schedule's kind of sporadic as I'm getting ready to leave town on the 12th for a couple of months, but if you guys get something set up, let me know and I'll try to make it.

11. Bottle share at Appalachian Vintner Wednesday, April 11 at 6:00 pm. Be there or be without Hunahpu.

12. n2185

n2185 Advocate (640) North Carolina Apr 14, 2008

I'll be there!

13. commis

commis Savant (330) Massachusetts Jul 21, 2009

I'll be there at 6 but will have to cut it a bit short.... The wife made plans for later that evening.

14. commis

Silly question (I hope): someone has cleared this with Geoff and/or Charles, correct?

15. I set it up with Charles yesterday.

commis and thagr81us like this.
  16. Glad they are going to allow you guys to do this. They are definitely top-notch guys there.

17. commis

They're as solid as they come.
    We've got a monthly get-together going at the vintner starting next friday if anyone else is interested.