1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Going to Brussels and Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Huhzubendah, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Hey folks,
    I will be spending about four days in Brussels and an afternon / evening in Amsterdam this month. Of course I will be visiting Cantillon, Drie Fonteinen, Moeder Lambic, etc. I am really looking for recommendations in Amsterdam, as I am totally unfamiliar with this city. Any good bottle shops, pub recommendations in or around Brussels are greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks and cheers!
    Matthew
  2. ummagumma

ummagumma Zealot (95) Italy Feb 10, 2009

3. Nightfall

Nightfall Aficionado (160) Greece Aug 16, 2006

4. nsheehan

nsheehan Savant (475) Texas Jul 3, 2011

I went to both cities this summer. De Prael is in the red light district within walking distance of the train station (most of the city is). I recall the dubbel being ok, and the quadrupel being off style but good. I think the tripel was a little off. Definitely try them if you can though.
  5. I just got back from a trip over there and In De Wildeman was one of the best places we went. Also in Amsterdam, Bierkoning is a really great bottle shop. They have a crazy selection of De Molen and the staff is very helpful. If you get a chance to take a day trip to Brugges, I would highly recommend swinging by de Garre: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1235