1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Going to Charleston SC next week

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by maltedmilk, Apr 13, 2012.

1. any recommendations?

2. Go to the search field, type in Charleston, look at the other threads asking similar questions.

promark420 likes this.
  3. Go to Coast. Get Boy King.
    Go to Westbrook. Spend the rest of your money.
    Go to Coleman Public House. Hand them your credit card and get to it.
    Done.

raverjames and rjknyy like this.
  4. The recommendations so far are pretty spot on.

COAST is where I spend most of my time, but Westbrook and Holy City are definitely worth a visit as well. They are all putting out stellar brews. COAST does have Boy King right now and Carnie Fire is back. Both are well worth your money. Westbrook always has a good variety on tap as well as usually having some Stillwater and Evil Twin beers that have been brewed in their facility as well. Holy City usually does some kind of event of Fridays - food trucks, music, chocolate pairings, etc.

CBX is the, definite article, beer store. No question about it. You need to make this stop.

As far as bars, I definitely dig Coleman Public House. Closed For Business is downtown and has a great variety of top quality beer on tap - 42, I believe. And the Pork Slap is for real. I need to get back and eat one of those soon. I haven't been there, but Oak Barrel Tavern is another spot that I've been hearing good things about.

For food there are so many great places it's hard to go wrong. Husk, Fuel, Two Boroughs Larder, Tattooed Moose, Coast (not the brewery), and so many others. Definitely check out Butcher & Bee. Serious sandwiches and unique sides on top of the other deliciousness they serve. And it's BYOB.

So really, there's a multitude of options. Enjoy your time in Chucktown.

5. The duck confit club and duck fat fries from Tattooed Moose are the best cure in the city for a night of over indulgence in my experience. Also if you are there for a while and need a break from beer The Gin Joint is pretty awesome for handmade cocktails. Also for lunch the Husk Burger is amazing.

6. Thanks everyone. I will try to visit as many of those places that I can.