1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Going to Madison, WI for the weekend.

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Localdrinklax, Jan 24, 2013.

1. I usually stop at the East side HyVee for beer, good selection. Is there any other bottle shops/ stores that have a better selection than the HyVee in Madison? I plan to stop at some breweries: Karben 4, Vintage Brewing, One Barrel Brewing, Ale Asylum. If you had to have a batting order on the breweries what would it be?

2. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (855) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

Woodman's has a huge selection of all kinds of beer.

Personally, my batting order would mainly be in terms of location and then food (beers are all good!)- Start at Ale Asylum (don't bother ordering food there), migrate to Karben4, then down to One Barrel. Then to Vintage if you're ready to eat dinner.

3. buzze40

buzze40 Savant (300) Illinois Mar 9, 2010

Thanks Localdrinklax for posting, i had the same question. To add on, are there any special tappings this weekend or somebody throwing out some barrel aged goodies -- ?

4. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (855) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

One Barrel is having a Barleywine Fest this weekend. And peeking on Facebook, Brickhouse BBQ still has some Black Note left on tap as of today, but I'm not holding out hopes for it lasting through the weekend.

5. Ri0

Ri0 Champion (935) Wisconsin Jul 1, 2012

Hyvee has a decent selection, but I notice some of their beers are old. I would highly suggest you check out Rileys Wines of the World.

loudmouth likes this.
  6. Does One Barrel, Karben4, and House of Brews do growlers?

7. cu29

cu29 Aficionado (205) Wisconsin Sep 26, 2005