1. The BeerAdvocate Store is back! Pre-order your stuff now. Items begin shipping Dec 15. Christmas deadline = Dec 18 @ 5pm EST.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Going to the Vermont Food Bank Night at Worthy Burger?

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by bostonbeans, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Anyone here going? If so, would love to grab a beer with you guys.

Cheers,

-Vini

2. I will be there with a homebrew club buddy. May be a bit of tailgating by the RR tracks, but likely there will be enough goodies to sate every beer-geek in attendance, I suspect!

bostonbeans likes this.
  3. celfan

celfan Savant (465) Vermont Jul 4, 2004

Why have I not heard of this place? I've always commented to my wife that South Royalton looks like a cool little town (from the highway). I will visit in the next couple of weeks.

4. Well worth a stop. Killer burgers, and incredible fries. ~20 taps of VT and regional brews. Good stuff.

5. That SUCKS! It was faetured on the VFB's Facebook page

We want to go here...
    Hey folks, want to help support the Vermont Food Bank and have a great time doing it? Here's how:
    The Night Before The Night Before:
    December 23rd
    Join Sam Calagione at Worthy Burger as we join forces with the Vermont Brewers Association and some of Vermont's Worthiest procurers of food and drink for a special night...
    Kevin Kerner of Three Penny Taproom
    Dave Brodrick of The Blind Tiger
    Rickie Binet of Black Back
    Chad Rich of Prohibition Pig
    Chef Eric Warnstadt of Hen of the Wood
    Cheff Jason Merrill of Worthy Burger
    Sean Lawson of Lawson's Finest
    Paul Saylor of Zero Gravity

Beers from some of Vermonts finest breweries will be on tap: The Alchemist, Hill Farmstead, Lawson's Finest, and Zero Gravity.

We'll have three of our Ancient Ales on tap: Midas Touch, Theobroma, and brand new Birra Etrusca. We'll then move on to Hellhound, Bitches Brew, Burton Baton, 75 Minute IPA, and Randall is in the house.

Each beer is paired with a course prepared by chefs Warnstadt and Merrill in addition to another beer from a VT brewery.

Tickets
    $75 per person
    CASH ONLY
    Call 802-763-2575

Includes an Open Bar from 5pm-10pm

Unlimited food.
    A Christmas gift -- a Dogfish Head curved pint glass!

Silent Auction with Gift Baskets from participating breweries (our basket will house an '07 Red & White and '07 Black & Blue, 2 glasses, and a wall mount bottle opener)

*Proceeds from the Night Before the Night Before will Benefit the Vermont Food Bank*

Worthy Burger
    The Worthy Burger 56 Rainbow St.
    South Royalton, VT

6. I'll be there. Going to be an incredible event, can't wait! Going with my bro and his new hubby, two burgeoning beer lovers from NYC up to Vermont for Christmas. I hear rumors of a cask of Kiwi tapped by Sean Lawson, some awesome HF brews and awesome food. Worthy Burger is incredible, I have no doubt that this event will be great.

I'm looking forward to meeting Sam too. DFH was one of my gateways into craft brewing, it'll be great to meet the guy.

7. Sold out, Damn! Great place, great group to support. I hope everyone has an awesome time!

8. Thanks to a good brewer friend, we got the opportunity to attend the event. Thanks to all, great event! Sam is the real deal, you should hear him sing. Happy Holidays

9. No surprise the Hill Farmstead complete flight of Civil Dis bottles got the highest bid in the silent auction - $180 from my newly-introduced neighbor of Richmond. Lawson's was the runner up. Great event for a great cause.

10. Hahahah yeah... I paid a but much for that Lawson's I was in a heated battle til the end.. Whatever the money is going to an amazing cause!

11. franklinn

franklinn Savant (440) Vermont May 29, 2012

What was the lawson's package?

12. Nothing Crazy, a bottle of each of the aged fayston two bottles of the Kiwi two glasses and a four pack bag. I paid a chunk of change for it because it was for a cause and I felt like I owned Mr. Lawson... plus he signed the glasses for me which was awesome.

franklinn likes this.